3-Bladed Propellers?
5764 17 2018-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
poetoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3181066 ft
Switzerland

On Amazon I spotted these 3-bladed low noise propellers for the Mavic 2.

https://www.amazon.com/Hooshion- ... +3+bladed+propeller

They claim to increase flight duration to 40 minutes (?!).  I am not a big fan of such 3rd party propellers as the ones I bought for the Spark back then were crap. In addition, DJI Care Refresh not applicable (I assume), but in Switzerland anyway not supported (which is also something I wanted to ask DJI to consider in the future).

Any experience?

2018-11-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nope, wouldn't use them, invalidate warranty and potentially be the cause of loosing your drone. In my opinion and it is just my opinion I wouldn't use anything that doesn't come from DJI to go on any of my drones.
2018-11-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

An additional 9 minutes of flight time would be awesome, but I won't hold my breath. I've never seen any type of 3rd party props add that much flight time to a DJI drone.

As when using any type of 3rd party props, you should know these will also void your DJI warranty if the props cause some type of damage. It would be best to use OEM DJI props if having the warranty is important to you.
2018-11-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That said I shall look forward to your review
2018-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

While they look impressive, using carbon fiber props on MavAir caused issues with video transmission so be careful
2018-11-9
Use props
poetoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3181066 ft
Switzerland

I assume and hope that DJI made some testing on 3-bladed propellers and decided to go for the 2-bladed ones.  Some DJI competitors use 3-bladed propeller, e.g. Parrot Bebop 2 (although not really a competitor drone).  There must be a "propeller expert" out there who can shed some light on this knowing the scoops on physics and propeller technology.  I agree, 40 minutes flight time is a strong argument.
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks cool but nah, third party props are too big a risk.
2018-11-9
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Thanks for the news but there are someone that tried them?
2018-11-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

If greater than two bladed props are indeed increasing flight performance, especially flight time - DJI needs to come up with their own approved / sanctioned / blessed set of #>2 bladed props.
2018-11-9
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.quora.com/How-many-r ... and-maximum-numbers

Never read it for content, might shed some light.............Wondering though if limitations exsist due to the speed, size etc. at which enough force will be created for a given blade/s for the nessesary  lifting  forces at  the given load AND, what percent of stable (static) air is available for the next blade/s in the created rotational vortex ........Cavatation comes to mind.

2018-11-9
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

They don't give you longer flight times, in fact they give you less.

2018-11-9
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

40 minutes, I’ll believe it when I see it!

Flysafely all
Alex
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching the DJI Forum. We appreciate bringing this query to us. We highly recommend using only DJI approved parts ie. propellers, batteries, etc. Using third-party parts voids the warranty. Please take time to read the AFTER-SALES SERVICE POLICIES for more information. Thank you.

2018-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

eyecapture Posted at 11-9 10:18
They don't give you longer flight times, in fact they give you less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRAYASChQd0

And they look more unstable.
2018-11-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Only original props on my drone
2018-11-9
Use props
Paul_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

Unless they have  the DJI name, would not even think of using them.
2018-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I don't believe such claims.
If that was possible I guess DJI would have made it themselves
2018-11-10
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dij Might have done one themselves or they might not. There is as much marketing as engineering in some of this.

However.... fitting non-origional or non-approved parts to an aircraft is very likely going to invalidate the flying insurance (not just the DJi cover) .  Might even invalidate the Drone's registration depending on country.

2018-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules