Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Uncommanded climb
2146 18 2018-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charliechan12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 709 ft
United States

I experienced my second uncommanded climb today. The first was right after I bought my phantom, last month, and without stick input the drone started climbing, stopped around 70 ft and the stick, RTH inputs did nothing to bring it down. After numerous down commands it started down very fast and I was lucky to catch it before impacting the ground. The new update for aircraft and remote just came out and was installed. From a different location the bird uncommanded climbed again. All calibration including remote stick calibration is good. I talked with DJI again and will be returning this phantom. I couldn't find anyone else experiencing this problem, maybe I overlooked or searched wrong.
2018-11-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sounds to me it went into RTH - probably because it lost signal or you hit RTH in error.  Note that 70 ft is close the the default height of 20 meters.  

Please post the log via phantomhelp.com and somebody experienced will give an assessment on what happened:  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-11-9
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Charliechan12, were you able to find any helpful details in your flight log?
2018-11-12
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
United States

msinger Posted at 11-12 06:42
@Charliechan12, were you able to find any helpful details in your flight log?

Not really, I have the .txt files and .dat files.  They show an Autoland call which I did not start. And also both files show an uncommanded climb that I don't know why. Can I upload the files here to have someone look at.
2018-11-12
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
United States

Charliechan12 Posted at 11-12 07:04
Not really, I have the .txt files and .dat files.  They show an Autoland call which I did not start. And also both files show an uncommanded climb that I don't know why. Can I upload the files here to have someone look at.

Sorry I see where you told me where to go earlier, going there now.
2018-11-12
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you need help reviewing your log, please post the link here after you upload the TXT file here.
2018-11-12
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
United States

I uploaded both files and they didn't offer for me to identify myself, what I viewed didn't show commands but did show the climbs. Are these files viewed by other members? Thanks for your help.
2018-11-12
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Other members will only be able to see them if you post the links to those pages here.
2018-11-12
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
United States

One files is numbered YXRLVRZ7U9KBUGJYF68P, the second, 370MZ087YJTCYQSYJGGQ. First time I've done this so hopefully I'm posting the correct links. In both flights I never pressed autoland or commanded a climb. I probably reacted incorrectly after it starting climbing and trying to get it to stop and desend.  I'm new to the Phantom and it is new to me.  
2018-11-12
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here are links to your logs:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/YXRLVRZ7U9KBUGJYF68P
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/370MZ087YJTCYQSYJGGQ
2018-11-12
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

In both of those logs, you can see the "VPS Altitude" column is detecting something beneath your drone when it's not near the ground. Do you have any type of accessories attached near the bottom of your drone?
2018-11-12
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
United States

Sorry I'm asking so much, but now that I've uploaded them and referenced the numbers I just wait right.  I looked at the files and saw the autoland from P-GPS and in other file never autoland, just P-GPS and I never commanded the climb.  Almost like the remote is commanding on its own.
2018-11-12
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Can you answer my question above?
2018-11-12
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
United States

I sent u back an answer but did it through email, which was wrong. Yes, the retailer provided a leg brace for me and it “was” attached. Based on ur question I removed it, went out for short flight and a/c responded good. I think I may have installed the brace incorrectly, he didn’t provide instructions, but do I even need it. Picture attached.[img][/img]
2018-11-12
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
United States

I didn’t know about VPS sensors. The 9 home built drones didn’t have those even I used DJI products on 4 of them. Stupid me. Thank you for that question.
2018-11-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice work,  msinger.
2018-11-12
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That brace is really probably meant to be installed underneath the camera (to protect it). In its current location, it's blocking the downward sensors. Either slide it forward or remove it. When it's in the right position, DJI GO will not show a VPS reading like this when your drone is not near the ground:

2018-11-12
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

Personally ... unless you really need for rough ground landing ... remove that 'brace' and go fly ... you do not need it.

Nigel
2018-11-12
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
United States

Yes I will leave off unless like you said, rough ground, thanks so much to everyone for the support. Now I can enjoy this bird like I wanted to. You are a “Ace”  msinger.
2018-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules