Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
COMPASS CALIBRATION
1394 7 2015-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ahmed214
lvl.2

United States

HeLLO EVERYONE...I HAV BEEN FLYING A2 for quite a long time now...but i hav experienced crashes in between which relate to compass failures...
the IMU calibration ,which also includes compass should be done on a horizontal surafce...should it be done indoors or outdoors?what does the x,y,z values tell us? what they should be ideally??
2015-6-3
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

Compass calibration should be done outside.  It is different from the IMU calibration which should be done on a level surface.
Compass calibration should be away from any electrical wiring, steel structures, cars, power lines etc that could disturb the normal magnetic field.
The x,y,z values are just offsets for the compass to be calibrated to the magnetic field in your area in all 3 axis.
2015-6-3
Use props
ahmed214
lvl.2

United States

i m talking about the iimu calibration which includes accelerometer ,gyros and then compass at the bottom....i know this is done at a horizontal surface but should it be done indoors or outdoors ?/since it also includes calibrating for compass offsets , which might be different indoors than outdoors...
i know that the comnpass calibration before flight is done outdoors...
2015-6-3
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ahmed214 Posted at 2015-6-4 11:15
i m talking about the iimu calibration which includes accelerometer ,gyros and then compass at the b ...

I do all my calibrations outdoors and like Joe says away from anything that could possibly cause interference. I have a park I go to and it has a nice quite picnic bench...no screaming kids, no wife asking me to take out the trash blah blah...but that's just me....
2015-6-4
Use props
packgreen49
New

United States

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-6-5 00:02
I do all my calibrations outdoors and like Joe says away from anything that could possibly cause i ...

I have finished the compass calibration step, but I have trouble with the next step.  Check the IMU Basic check.  I never get a Status of Ready?
2015-7-31
Use props
packgreen49
New

United States

packgreen49@aol Posted at 2015-8-1 10:08
I have finished the compass calibration step, but I have trouble with the next step.  Check the IM ...

I forgot to say the hobby store set quadcopter up.  Would I need to some how download the files they have for my quadcopter?
2015-8-1
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

packgreen49@aol Posted at 2015-8-1 21:30
I forgot to say the hobby store set quadcopter up.  Would I need to some how download the files th ...

Let me make sure I understand...do you have the A2 Assistant software?
2015-8-3
Use props
packgreen49
New

United States

Right now my quadcopter is in the shop.  I am now getting a low voltage error.  The battery charges up to 12. 6 volts.  When  the Red light flashes it is 11.6 volts.  When I set the quadcopter, to the Assistant program, I get the low voltage error.  The Led light continuously flashes Red.  I think the problem is in the Naza because the battery is Good.
2015-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules