Filters
936 6 2018-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Is okay to fit a nd4 filter all the time it seems a good for the UK anx maybe a nd8 for brighter climates? Thanks
2018-11-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Just want to clarify, may I know what's the model of your drone?  Also, I think ND8 is best for brighter climates since ND8 gives us three stops of darkness or longer exposure.
2018-11-10
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-10 10:04
Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Just want to clarify, may I know what's the model of your drone?  Also, I think ND8 is best for brighter climates since ND8 gives us three stops of darkness or longer exposure.

Whoops sorry i didnt click the right post ? Its a Mavic Pro....Uk is not that bright now for at least the next 4 months so i thought to get good colour ND4 for now and then nd8 in summer or brighter countries ?
Thanks for your help
2018-11-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gazmg Posted at 11-10 10:27
Whoops sorry i didnt click the right post ? Its a Mavic Pro....Uk is not that bright now for at least the next 4 months so i thought to get good colour ND4 for now and then nd8 in summer or brighter countries ?
Thanks for your help

Hi. Thanks for the quick response. Yes, ND4 is good to use at the moment and you may use the ND8 in summer since it's darker.
2018-11-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ND4 (2 stops) - low light - sunsets and sunrise and dark, grey cloud
ND8 (3 stops) - brighter sky with overcast
ND16 (4 stops) - blue sky with light, white broken cloud
ND32 (5 stops) - clear blue sky

An ND8 is generally good enough in the UK. It all depends on the brightness of the sun and the direction the camera is facing in relation to it. As you know we can have thick cloudy days in the summer and piercing blue sky in the winter so the seasons are not always indicative of the filter to use - decide on the day.
2018-11-10
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

acw provides a good post - i live in south africa, on clear sunny days nd 32 is my best filter. Thought i had lost it for a while and was using nd16 which was better than nd 8 but nd 32 is definately the sweet spot for me on clear sunny days.
2018-11-10
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're not sure which filters you should be using, then watch the videos below for a detailed explanation. They'll also explain how to check if the ND4 is really a good fit for you all of the time.

2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules