MAVIC 2 pro EXIF ISSUE (gps,coordinates)
12Next >
16679 41 2018-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse71ed566
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241362 ft
Greece

Really its very annoying to spent so much money for a new drone , that many proffesionals would buy and have issue with exif!!!!COORDINATES and ALTITUDE in every photo is wrong!!! It say 0 altitude and wrong coordinates!!!
Still DJI didnt fix these crucial issue for many users!!!!!

DJI STOP SELLING "NEW DRONES" if you not first solve crucial issues!!!!!!! Right EXIF is must for many users!!
2018-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble, may I know the current version of your drone? Please kindly update the firmware to the latest version v01.00.01.00, this issue was resolved by the firmware update. See if that helps.
2018-11-10
Use props
fanse71ed566
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Thor Posted at 11-10 18:34
Hi there, sorry for the trouble, may I know the current version of your drone? Please kindly update the firmware to the latest version v01.00.01.00, this issue was resolved by the firmware update. See if that helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_2HgksJM4

I have the latest version  v01.00.01.00!!!!! And still have issue!!!!!!!!
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse71ed566 Posted at 11-11 08:45
I have the latest version  v01.00.01.00!!!!! And still have issue!!!!!!!!

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern, the camera is taking the fusion height of the flight control to generate the EXIF information of the photo, which is calculated by a specific algorithm by referring to two measurement heights as Barometer and GPS. However, the value of barometer is very easy to be effected by the external environment. For example, if there is a cross wind blowing in the air, the pressure value near the barometer will change abruptly, by which the barometer would show different height measurement (but in fact the aircraft height does not change, only posture may be changed). Meanwhile, temperature will also affect the height value. In general, there are many factors that can affect the barometer. For GPS, the most important thing is the number of stars. The more stars there are, the more accurate the value is, and vice versa. Environmental interference will also influence GPS.
2018-11-11
Use props
drDrosos
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-11 10:08
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern, the camera is taking the fusion height of the flight control to generate the EXIF information of the photo, which is calculated by a specific algorithm by referring to two measurement heights as Barometer and GPS. However, the value of barometer is very easy to be effected by the external environment. For example, if there is a cross wind blowing in the air, the pressure value near the barometer will change abruptly, by which the barometer would show different height measurement (but in fact the aircraft height does not change, only posture may be changed). Meanwhile, temperature will also affect the height value. In general, there are many factors that can affect the barometer. For GPS, the most important thing is the number of stars. The more stars there are, the more accurate the value is, and vice versa. Environmental interference will also influence GPS.

Sorry but these is not an answer to these issue that EXIST. Google it and many many users have the same problem even after your update that you say that fix these problem. The problem its there wherever i fly the same issue - even with 0 wind no correct exif !!! You have to solve it!
2018-11-11
Use props
drDrosos
lvl.2
Greece

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern, the camera is taking the fusion height of the flight control to generate the EXIF information of the photo, which is calculated by a specific algorithm by referring to two measurement heights as Barometer and GPS. However, the value of barometer is very easy to be effected by the external environment. For example, if there is a cross wind blowing in the air, the pressure value near the barometer will change abruptly, by which the barometer would show different height measurement (but in fact the aircraft height does not change, only posture may be changed). Meanwhile, temperature will also affect the height value. In general, there are many factors that can affect the barometer. For GPS, the most important thing is the number of stars. The more stars there are, the more accurate the value is, and vice versa. Environmental interference will also influence GPS.

I had Inspire 1 ,Mavic 1 and there no problem at all at the same places- And suddenly Mavic 2 have issue ????
2018-11-11
Use props
drDrosos
lvl.2
Greece

And finally what you say is not logical!!! In screen i can see the right altitude and position (map) (these prove that is no problem with gps or altitude, or barometer) but photo exif wrong altitude??????
2018-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

drDrosos Posted at 11-11 10:38
And finally what you say is not logical!!! In screen i can see the right altitude and position (map) (these prove that is no problem with gps or altitude, or barometer) but photo exif wrong altitude??????

I think your right there is a problem, and although plausible answer by Natalia , something needs fixing, there was the same problem with Mavic Air but recent FW update has sorted this (mostly) .
2018-11-11
Use props
drDrosos
lvl.2
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 14:44
I think your right there is a problem, and although plausible answer by Natalia , something needs fixing, there was the same problem with Mavic Air but recent FW update has sorted this (mostly) .

Cant really understand why they put out production line for MVpro 2 with such serious issues??? Because it is!!! They stick the "heavy" name Hasselbland just to sell ???
2018-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

drDrosos Posted at 11-11 15:31
Cant really understand why they put out production line for MVpro 2 with such serious issues??? Because it is!!! They stick the "heavy" name Hasselbland just to sell ???

Well it may be that they don’t envisage this as something that will greatly affect sales, and we seen similar with P4Pro and Mavic Air where it gets sorted in FW release. I do believe it will get fixed but I don’t believe they will give us any kind of a date, it’s just the way they have always operated, but thanks for bringing it to their attention.
2018-11-11
Use props
drDrosos
lvl.2
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 15:45
Well it may be that they don’t envisage this as something that will greatly affect sales, and we seen similar with P4Pro and Mavic Air where it gets sorted in FW release. I do believe it will get fixed but I don’t believe they will give us any kind of a date, it’s just the way they have always operated, but thanks for bringing it to their attention.

So many millions turnover and cannot fix these??? Its ridiculous!!! You can see the altitude and poisition in app and not in exif??????? Really now If i was the owner of DJI the first thing that i do -if mention such issues in such drone with "hasseldland" name on it - I was fired up all the staff that work for software develop without any conversation!!!!!! Really now!!! Its very frustrating such issue for me that i work in topography with special software and is essential such informations....... And to know i was ready to buy phantom -rtk but when i see such "small" things cannot be solved immediately -i am afraid that i am gonna have same issues with phantom 4 rtk and i am staying away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-11-11
Use props
queeg730
lvl.2
Australia

drDrosos Posted at 11-11 16:11
So many millions turnover and cannot fix these??? Its ridiculous!!! You can see the altitude and poisition in app and not in exif??????? Really now If i was the owner of DJI the first thing that i do -if mention such issues in such drone with "hasseldland" name on it - I was fired up all the staff that work for software develop without any conversation!!!!!! Really now!!! Its very frustrating such issue for me that i work in topography with special software and is essential such informations....... And to know i was ready to buy phantom -rtk but when i see such "small" things cannot be solved immediately -i am afraid that i am gonna have same issues with phantom 4 rtk and i am staying away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing here.....    I bought this "fantastic" machine to do mapping...... NO WAY it can be done with this problem....  
I also have the latest Firmware (v01.00.01.00), and still the EXIF data is wrong....

Come on DJI......  at the very least you could say that "it is a known problem and we are still working on it".....   you said that it was fixed in the firmware release v01.00.01.00, but it wasn't!!!!   and you should know this!
This aircraft is useless to me until this is fixed.................   
Please let us know what is happening..... and don't just fob us off with "Update your firmware".....    that's as bad as telling us to take a pill and have a good lie down.

The other thing I have noticed is that the date/timestamp on the images saved to the SD card is wrong......
2018-11-12
Use props
queeg730
lvl.2
Australia

queeg730 Posted at 11-12 00:39
Same thing here.....    I bought this "fantastic" machine to do mapping...... NO WAY it can be done with this problem....  
I also have the latest Firmware (v01.00.01.00), and still the EXIF data is wrong....

Problems wiht EXIF Altituda data......    I can't use this machine for mapping with this data as it is!

Please DJI.....   give us some idea of what is happening here!

In the attached images, I said that the Altitudes were consistent on ALL images, but this is NOT the case... I just did another test and they seem to be all over the place.... they seem to vary from day-to-day!  If they were consistent, I could have manipulated the Exif data for the mapping software, but now I can't even do that!

I have ALL the data relevant to this test if DJI need ot see it......  please folks... what is happening with this?  I would have thought it was a relatively simple one ..  

DJI-Exif-Problem_20191119.jpg
2018-11-18
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122723 ft
Russia

queeg730 Posted at 11-18 22:08
Problems wiht EXIF Altituda data......    I can't use this machine for mapping with this data as it is!

Please DJI.....   give us some idea of what is happening here!

There is 3 tags for altitude in exif: GPSAltitude, AbsoluteAltitude and RelativeAltitude.
GPSAltitude is a standart tag, and AbsoluteAltitude with RelativeAltitude is DJI extension tags.

As name supposed, the GPSAltitude should contains altitude from GPS, the AbsoluteAltitude some kind of absolute altitude (usualy from GPS also) and the RelativeAltitude is altitude relative to the starting point (it's displayed in the remote during flight).

But in Mavic 2 Pro there is different bugs exists in firmware. In old firmware it's write to the GPSAltitude garbage value, to the AbsoluteAltitude constant "+1.2" and only in the RelativeAltitude a correct value (relative to the starting point).
After update the behaivoir is changed: the GPSAltitude now contains correct value from GPS, the AbsoluteAltitude still contains constant "+1.2", and RelativeAltitude now contains wrong value from GPS (not relative one).
Tag v01.00.00.00v01.00.01.00
GPSAltitudegarbageGPS
AbsoluteAltitude"+1.2""+1.2"
RelativeAltitudeRelative AltittudeGPS

The altitude from GPS is low-quality, when flying in the same place on different days, the values may differ by hundreds of meters. But this is another story...
2018-11-19
Use props
queeg730
lvl.2
Australia

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 11-19 10:34
There is 3 tags for altitude in exif: GPSAltitude, AbsoluteAltitude and RelativeAltitude.
GPSAltitude is a standart tag, and AbsoluteAltitude with RelativeAltitude is DJI extension tags.

Thanks Sergey,
That explains a little bit.......   do you think DJI will get around to fixing this?????  As mentioned, I use this for mapping, and with these figures, I just cannot trust it!
2018-11-19
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Russia

queeg730 Posted at 11-19 14:13
Thanks Sergey,
That explains a little bit.......   do you think DJI will get around to fixing this?????  As mentioned, I use this for mapping, and with these figures, I just cannot trust it!

I hope that DJI finally fix this problem, it should not be too difficult.

As for the application for mapping - I use Mavik 2 Pro to create orthophoto, for altitude you can use GPS value, just need to remember about the real flight altitude and set the appropriate correction in the photogrammetric application to compensate for the difference between what the gps of the copter is measured and what the control panel was showing.

Alternatively, if the flight was at a fixed altitude, you can manually explicitly set it one for all images, anyway, the error of its measurement by the copter will exceed the resulting error.
2018-11-19
Use props
djiuser_6Q57jczySsAE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623366 ft
United States

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 11-19 10:34

I think the GPS altitude is actually uncorrected barometric.  So my past post :

I took photos at 5 feet elevation intervals from 5 feet to 100 feet.

My launch elevation (orthographic height from google earth) is 245 meters above MSL, also this matches my iphone's GPS elevation.

The images, both jpeg and DNG, contain three Altitude tags.

AbsoluteAltitude  - this is broken, as it is always set to 1.2
RelativeAltitude - this appears to be *uncorrected* barometric height above MSL.
GPSAltitude - this appears to the RelativeAltitude value truncated to a single digit beyond the decimal place (NOTE, it's not rounded, but truncated)

Values for the photo at 5 feet AGL:
AbsoluteAltitude = 1.2 (broken)
RelativeAltitude = 130.87 meters
GPSAltitude = 130.8 meters

my iphone is saying 160 meters elevation based on its uncorrected barometric sensor, while its GPS is sayin 245 meters, so it seems clear to me that the Mavic is reporting uncorrected barometric readings for GPS and Relative altitudes.

This isn't ideal, but I can live with it. I suspect this presents more of an issue for those using Drone Deploy and/or Maps Made Easy.

My lingering concern is ensuring this is well documented for each firmware version.
2018-11-20
Use props
queeg730
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_6Q57jczySsAE Posted at 11-20 03:26
I think the GPS altitude is actually uncorrected barometric.  So my past post :

I took photos at 5 feet elevation intervals from 5 feet to 100 feet.

Yes...  its a problem for Drone Deploy & Maps Made Easy.....  
I use MME right now, and will probably use Drone Deploy in future.....  so it certainly affects me....
2018-11-22
Use props
skywatch111
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8677251 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hi! Does anybody tried to read EXIF after newest v.02 firmware update? The issue is still present? DJI did not mention this issue in bugfix list
2018-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

queeg730 Posted at 11-19 14:13
Thanks Sergey,

I think part of the problem is M2 is still not set up for mapping yet, it’s still not supported by drone deploy PixD.
P4Pro is set up for mapping, I’m not sure why if you needed this straight away you didn’t get or use a P4Pro, I know there is still a problem with exif gps etc which should have been sorted, so just making the point why would anyone who needed a drone for mapping choose the M2, hopefully it gets sorted for you soon.
2018-11-23
Use props
queeg730
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-23 15:54
I think part of the problem is M2 is still not set up for mapping yet, it’s still not supported by drone deploy PixD.
P4Pro is set up for mapping, I’m not sure why if you needed this straight away you didn’t get or use a P4Pro, I know there is still a problem with exif gps etc which should have been sorted, so just making the point why would anyone who needed a drone for mapping choose the M2, hopefully it gets sorted for you soon.

If we had known that the Exif problem existed at the time the M2 was acquired, then indeed, I agree, "why would anyone who needed a drone for mapping choose the M2..."
But the simple fact is... that we DID NOT know about this problem, and would not have even suspected it, and besides, the benefits of the M2 far outweigh the P4 (debatable, I know!.. depends on the circumstances)....  so for mapping, (in my case), the M2 was a no-brainer.
Incidentally.... I also have a P4, and **NOW** use this for mapping.... but I would prefer to use the M2.
Bottom line..  DJI needs to fix this, and they may already have done so with a release of new V.02 firmware, which I haven't tested yet.
2018-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

queeg730 Posted at 11-24 02:37
If we had known that the Exif problem existed at the time the M2 was acquired, then indeed, I agree, "why would anyone who needed a drone for mapping choose the M2..."
But the simple fact is... that we DID NOT know about this problem, and would not have even suspected it, and besides, the benefits of the M2 far outweigh the P4 (debatable, I know!.. depends on the circumstances)....  so for mapping, (in my case), the M2 was a no-brainer.
Incidentally.... I also have a P4, and **NOW** use this for mapping.... but I would prefer to use the M2.

Ok , but I certainly was aware before purchasing M2 that it’s mapping capabilities may have been hampered particularly initially on day one of release, hopefully something will be sorted soon.
2018-11-24
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Russia

skywatch111 Posted at 11-23 12:01
Hi! Does anybody tried to read EXIF after newest v.02 firmware update? The issue is still present? DJI did not mention this issue in bugfix list

I tried with the new firmware, everything is fine, all 3 tags now contain a correct values, GPSAltitude and AbsoluteAltitude - value from GPS and RelativeAltitude - relative altitude from the starting point (barometer). So the firmware behavior table now looks like this:
Tagv01.00.00.00 v01.00.01.00 v01.00.02.00
GPSAltitudegarbageGPSGPS
AbsoluteAltitude"+1.2""+1.2"GPS
RelativeAltitudeBarometerGPSBarometer

2018-11-26
Use props
skywatch111
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8677251 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 11-26 15:23
I tried with the new firmware, everything is fine, all 3 tags now contain a correct values, GPSAltitude and AbsoluteAltitude - value from GPS and RelativeAltitude - relative altitude from the starting point (barometer). So the firmware behavior table now looks like this:

Thank you, Sergey very much!
2018-11-27
Use props
queeg730
lvl.2
Australia

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 11-26 15:23

ArggghhhhhH!!!!
I also tried with the new firmware 01.00.0200, and I got bad results in the tags!  They are almost correct, just the starting altitude is out....
The "Relative Altitude" in the XMP tags area is CORRECT...  The Altitudes in the 'GPS' tags area are all INCORRECT

I took pictures at Ground level, 20m, 40m, 60m, 80m, 100m).  I have only included data for the Ground level and 20m images below, but all the other images are consistent (I tried to attach the 6 images, but the EXIF data is stripped out, and I cannot attach a ZIP file... I can send it if anyone wants to see the original data)....  

The XMP Relative Altitude is CORRECT.. the GPS Altitude is INCORRECT

For the image DJI_0699.JPG  (taken at ground level):
In the GPS tags area:
        GPSAltitudeRef:        Above Sea Level
        GPSAltitude:        76.6m                  (INCORRECT  -- Google Earth reports it as 7m, and I am on the coast, so that should be fairly accurate.... it is definitely NOT 76.6m)
        Latitude:                26.756042°        (NEAR ENOUGH)
        Longitude:                153.119990°        (NEAR ENOUGH)

In the XMP tags area:
        AbsoluteAltitude:        +76.62m            (INCORRECT, but agrees with the GPS data area tag)
        RelativeAltitude:        0.00                (CORRECT)
        Latitude:                        -26.7560416        (NEAR ENOUGH)
        Longitude:                        +153.119990        (NEAR ENOUGH)

For the image DJI_0700.JPG  (taken at 20m above ground level according to the remote):
In the GPS tags area:
        GPSAltitudeRef:        Above Sea Level
        GPSAltitude:        96.6m                  (INCORRECT)
        Latitude:                26.756051°        (NEAR ENOUGH)
        Longitude:                153.119984°        (NEAR ENOUGH)

In the XMP tags area:
        AbsoluteAltitude:        +96.62            (INCORRECT, but agrees with the GPS data area tag)
        RelativeAltitude:        +20.00                (CORRECT)
        Latitude:                        -26.7560508        (NEAR ENOUGH)
        Longitude:                        +153.119984        (NEAR ENOUGH)

Any thoughts folks????
2018-11-27
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Russia

queeg730 Posted at 11-27 17:33
ArggghhhhhH!!!!
I also tried with the new firmware 01.00.0200, and I got bad results in the tags!  They are almost correct, just the starting altitude is out....
The "Relative Altitude" in the XMP tags area is CORRECT...  The Altitudes in the 'GPS' tags area are all INCORRECT

As I said earlier, the quality of GPS altitude is another story. I watched this on my previous copter, the Phantom 3 Advanced. If you perform flights on different days in the same place at the same altitude, the value of GPS altitude from copter may differ by tens or even hundreds of meters.
Most likely the problem here is not in the software from DJI, but from the operation of the chip from uBlox, which sucks in determining it's real altitude.
2018-11-29
Use props
Steffen Dring
lvl.2
Germany

Hi all,
not being a command line king I found an easy tool to adjust EXIF data - the ExifToolGui.
With the following 3 easy steps you can adjust e.g. first the wrong height and then/or the shifted coordinates from the new DJI Mavic 2 Pro.

EXIFTOOLGUI
https://www.heise.de/download/product/exiftoolgui-63032/download

• Save exiftools.exe  in -> C:\Windows\exiftool.exe and the ExifToolGui in a folder of your choice (-> readme.txt)
  • in the ExiftoolGui
  • browse to your images
  • Write the height of your starting position or any other height in the Exif file -> button Exiftool direct -> in the little central window with following commands:

for one image exiftool -GPSAltitude=123 m DJI_123.jpg (choose Image)

or for more images exiftool -GPSAltitude=123 m a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg (choose Images)
            or for an entire folder exiftool -GPSAltitude=123 m G:\...\... (folder path)

ExifTool Command-Line Examples

• Create a XMP_Sidecarfile -> Export/Import -> EXPORT Metadata into -> XMP -> for each image a XMP is written - Sidecar file (Metadata Sidecar Files)

• Finally choose again -> Export/Import -> Import GPS-Data from -> XMP -> the right coordinates are written from the XMP file to the Exif file

Ready!

More exiftool commands -> https://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/examples.html
Best regards!
Steffen

2018-12-8
Use props
Paulo Lobo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12044 ft
Portugal

Hi, so i ask you all, dear friends, does dji has repair this or not ????
For what i see on my dji mavic  2 pro i have zero altitude on the EXIF fotos...
And im with last dji 4 go and last firmware.

On emails dji is not solving this ( emails i sent them )...

Thanks!
2019-1-21
Use props
drDrosos
lvl.2
Greece

Paulo Lobo Posted at 1-21 15:02
Hi, so i ask you all, dear friends, does dji has repair this or not ????
For what i see on my dji mavic  2 pro i have zero altitude on the EXIF fotos...
And im with last dji 4 go and last firmware.

Of course they didnt fix it!!!!! And of course when tou told them in support they ask you to update and provide them some photos to check why we have these common issue!!! Also one time that i told them they ask me to send them back the mp2 to check it!!!!! TOTTALY CRAZY THINKS  - They know very well that the problem exist and they try to proove us that there is no problem!!!!!!!! REALLY cant understand why they dont solve these annouing issue!! Really i cant...
2019-1-21
Use props
Paulo Lobo
lvl.2
Portugal

drDrosos Posted at 1-21 15:28
Of course they didnt fix it!!!!! And of course when tou told them in support they ask you to update and provide them some photos to check why we have these common issue!!! Also one time that i told them they ask me to send them back the mp2 to check it!!!!! TOTTALY CRAZY THINKS  - They know very well that the problem exist and they try to proove us that there is no problem!!!!!!!! REALLY cant understand why they dont solve these annouing issue!! Really i cant...

Look for the emails....

Your request(#1947098)has been updated, please reply the email below.

Antonette (DJI Support)

Jan 27, 00:56 CST

Dear Paulo,

Thank you for writing back to us.

As of the moment, there's no exact date when it will be released but rest assured once it is available it will be posted on our website. Kinldy visit our official website www.dji.com for the latest updates.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 5:00PM (UTC+1) via the following three channels:

Tel Support: +31 20 654 5202
Email: support.nl@dji.com
Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after

Thank you very much.
Best Regards,

Antonette

DJI Customer Support

YouTube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

PAULO LOBO

Jan 26, 23:42 CST

When this will happen ??

From DJI EMAIL :

We understand the importance and urgency of this matter and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

As per on the previous email, our Engineers are fixing this issue. Kindly wait for the firmware update in the future.

How can a new drone like dji mavic 2 pro have problems that the old ones does not have ??

Why gps altitude zero on EXIF fotos ??

I want this repair ! This must be a priority for your Engineers !

And where is the quality control on DJI company, when a new drone is out why it takes problems like this ??
There is no engineer that has test a foto on this new dji drone and check if the EXIF was ok ???

DJI is not a young company, not a baby company, DJI Is already a big company with a good name to keep, so stop doing this mistakes !

Repair the problem As Soon As Possible, this situation is taking too much time to your engineers solve !!

I see reports on internet asking dji to repair this problem from 20/08/2018, so what are your engineers working on ???

We want this repair, in priority !

Dji mavic 2 pro must do mapping so we need EXIF with the gps altitude repair !

Paulo Lobo

dev

Jan 23, 02:41 CST

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

[https://secure.gravatar.com/avat ... atar-80.png&r=g]

Lisa Fedane (DJI)

Jan 23, 02:41 CST

Thank you for contacting DJI Developer Support - this support line answers question about how to work with DJI's SDK. To better support your needs, please contact support@dji.com<mailto:support@dji.com>

Lisa Fedane
DJI Developer Support

This email is a service from DJI. Delivered by Zendesk<https://www.zendesk.com/product/ ... =email-notification>
[Q5KZ9X-8737]

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。

Antonette (DJI Support)

Jan 22, 20:59 CST

Dear Paulo,

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

We understand the importance and urgency of this matter and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

As per on the previous email, our Engineers are fixing this issue. Kindly wait for the firmware update in the future.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 5:00PM (UTC+1) via the following three channels:

Tel Support: +31 20 654 5202
Email: support.nl@dji.com
Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after  

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Best Regards,

Antonette

DJI Customer Support

YouTube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

PAULO LOBO

Jan 22, 16:02 CST

Dear DJI !

DJI MAVIC 2 PRO is having a problem that everyone is talking about and asking dji to repair !
The EXIF on the fotos are saying that the gps altitude is ZERO when the drone is 10...20...30.. meters altitude !
Its always zero on the EXIF fotos gps altitude !

This is not ok for using dji mavic 2 pro to make mapping and 3dstatue...

We need this repair as soon as possible !
This is a problem only on dji mavic 2, i have dji mavic 2 pro and he has this problem !

DJI MAVIC PRO is ok
DJI PHantom 4 is OK
DJI Phanom 4 pro is ok
Inspire 1 is ok

So Repair this problem on dji mavic 2 pro !!

There is no altitude on the EXIF information fotos.

I use dji 4 go last version with last firmware on my dji mavic 2 pro and i have no ZERO on the gps EXIF information FOTOS !

Please repair !! As Soon as Possible.

I send so many emails to dji about this and i got no solution !
Other persons have this problem and asked to dji a solution !
DJI is not giving the solution !! WHY ??

The Altitude is on dji 4 go screen when drone lift up, so why is not in the fotos EXIF ???

Repair this as soon as possible !!

Do your wonderfull job and repair this situation ! We need it repair !

Keep the good image of your company DJI ! A company that solves the problems when the costumers says that there is a problem !

Do not keep making questions when you know there is a problem in the EXIF fotos of dji mavic 2 pro !

We need the gps altitude in the EXIF !!

Paulo Lobo

PAULO LOBO

Jan 22, 06:54 CST

Look here :

Im not the only one with this problem in the dji mavic 2 pro altitude not show on EXIF fotos....

https://forum.dji.com/thread-171969-1-1.html
MAVIC 2 pro EXIF ISSUE (gps,coordinates) | DJI FORUM
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern, the camera is taking the fusion height of the flight control to generate the EXIF information of the photo, which is calculated by a specific algorithm by referring to two measurement heights as Barometer and GPS.
forum.dji.com

DJI must repair this !

We pay for a dji mavic 2 pro able to do mapping ! So we need the GPS altitude in the EXIF fotos !

Paulo Lobo

De: PAULO LOBO <ct2gnh@hotmail.com>
Enviado: segunda-feira, 21 de janeiro de 2019 22:43
Para: Support
Assunto: RE: [DJI] 回复: No altitude on the dji mavic 2 pro fotos.

Dear Lisa Fedane - DJI

What is DJI´s Sample App ???

Im working with the last version of DJI Go 4 !

I already answer this question before, why dji is always asking ???

Paulo Lobo

De: Support <dev@dji.com>
Enviado: sexta-feira, 18 de janeiro de 2019 22:36
Para: PAULO LOBO
Assunto: [DJI] 回复: No altitude on the dji mavic 2 pro fotos.

##- 请在此行以上输入您的回复 -##
您的请求(20530)已更新。要添加另外的评论,请回复此电邮。

Lisa Fedane (DJI)

1月19日 CST06:36

Hi Paulo,

Did you run this test with DJI's Sample App, your own application or with DJI Go?

Thanks,
Lisa Fedane
DJI Developer Support

PAULO LOBO

1月13日 CST23:53

PAULO LOBO compartilhou um arquivo do OneDrive com você. Para exibi-lo, clique no link abaixo.

<https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anh43bnCcxb_g07Xsepjb7EriMsz>
[https://r1.res.office365.com/owa/prem/images/dc-jpg_20.png]<https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anh43bnCcxb_g07Xsepjb7EriMsz>

DJI_0882.JPG<https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anh43bnCcxb_g07Xsepjb7EriMsz>

Hi

Dear Lisa

Today i made some more test and there is no altitude on the EXIF data fotos.
Attached to this email you find two fotos from today test, one is shared by onedrive, other is attached this email...

All fotos have zero altitude Exif.

Its very urgent to have this repair! I have costumers waiting for 3d mapping and with no altitude on the fotos its impossible to build photogrametry 3d....

Please repair

Paulo Lobo
Enviado: quinta-feira, 10 de janeiro de 2019 23:24

附件
DJI_0881.JPG

PAULO LOBO

1月12日 CST06:02

Hi,

Dear Lisa

I have 815 fotos around a tower, the drone was taking fotos to build a 3d ortho.
I was using dji go 4 last version and last firmware on my dji mavic 2 pro.

All the 815 fotos have no altitude ( altitude zero ) and i was at almost 90metters high from sea.

I also made a test at home and no altitude was in the fotos.

But tomorrow i run a test again, and ill check !

Thanks

Paulo Lobo

Enviado: quinta-feira, 10 de janeiro de 2019 23:24

Lisa Fedane (DJI)

1月11日 CST07:24

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for contacting DJI Developer Support.  The EXIF data should show the altitude, so I want you to run a test - please take a photo using our Sample App with the same drone, in the same location and let me know if the altitude is still missing.  If it is not, send me a code sample and we can review it for you.

Warm Regards,
Lisa Fedane
DJI Developer Support

PAULO LOBO

1月4日 CST06:08

PAULO LOBO compartilhou um arquivo do OneDrive com você. Para exibi-lo, clique no link abaixo.

<https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anh43bnCcxb_g0VtlvdLMKasyS7M>
[https://r1.res.office365.com/owa/prem/images/dc-jpg_20.png]<https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anh43bnCcxb_g0VtlvdLMKasyS7M>

DJI_0001.JPG<https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anh43bnCcxb_g0VtlvdLMKasyS7M>

Hi.

Dear Dji Support and DJI Dev Support

Why the dji mavic 2 pro fotos have zero altitude, in the parameters of the foto ??
See attached the foto please.

We have gps coordinates, but zero on the altitude !!

Paulo Lobo

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。

此电邮是由 DJI 提供的服务。 由 Zendesk 提供
[Q5KZ9X-8737]
This email is a service from DJI Support. Delivered by Zendesk
[3Q7YZL-V4PV]

2019-1-26
Use props
drDrosos
lvl.2
Greece

So it didnt get fixed with last firmware?? Cause didnt have time to upgrade yet!!! I am thinkin very serious to return it back and claim my money back and if they dint do it i will go to a lawyer to do the job.......
2019-1-27
Use props
grovert
lvl.1
Netherlands

I just ran into this problem. Shot a bunch of photo's for photogrammetry in agisoft photoscan. The pictures are all taken at 40m attitude but in the images they show a range of 75-125 meter. Hope this gets fixed soon cause al the right data is in the screen during flying
2019-1-31
Use props
Paulo Lobo
lvl.2
Portugal

grovert Posted at 1-31 10:55
I just ran into this problem. Shot a bunch of photo's for photogrammetry in agisoft photoscan. The pictures are all taken at 40m attitude but in the images they show a range of 75-125 meter. Hope this gets fixed soon cause al the right data is in the screen during flying

Hi !

We just found the soluction to this problem !
If you need the soluction please send us a email !
We will answer back with the way to do it, and we just ask you to test it out !
We made tests and its working perfect !
After we check with some pilots with the feedback, we will share it here to everybody !

For now please send a email to get the way of work this out !  Our email is :

xdrone@xdrone.pt

THANKS !
2019-2-4
Use props
Thomen
New
Flight distance : 22277 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

@DJI support

Is there any information available on solving the altitude issue for the Mavic 2 pro? I just discovered this issue with GPS 0 altitude in the exif data (latest firmwares installed). I can't understand why this issue is not resolved at this time, the previous Mavic Pro did not have this issue and if you open the image in another reader you can see that there is altitude data in there but just not presented.

What is your approach to this, ignore it and let enthusiasts and small businesses suffer that wants to perform photogrammetry with the Mavic 2 or is it in the pipeline to fix?

Many thanks for your attention
Thomas
2019-2-26
Use props
88JT
lvl.1
United States

I have not upgraded my firmware since getting my Mavic Pro 2 due to the issues suggested in this thread and others on the forum.  My question is in looking at the data I can see that my GPS altitude is way off, like 70+ thousand miles off.  However the relative altitude does seems to be accurate, or at least accurate enough for my needs.  The issue is I cannot see that value or choose to use it for my altitude in my trial mapping software (I am using the demo version of Agisoft).  Is there a tool out there where I can populate the GPS exif data with the relative altitude data?  Or a way that I can see and then pick the relative altitude to be the altitude used in the software?

I am afraid to update my firmware for fear that I will loose all good data.  I seems that it is hit or miss. Some report the issue if fixed for them, while others it stays.  

Thanks.
JT
2019-2-27
Use props
Parzival
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3775476 ft
United States

I'm having similar problems, I will try to up load an image.
2019-2-27
Use props
Parzival
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3775476 ft
United States

2019-2-27
Use props
dinobaldi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191453 ft
Italy

Same problem here....

2019-3-7
Use props
Abuachmed
lvl.1

Sweden

Dunno about the altitude, but there is an error in the lat/lon coordinates.

Or rather, it's some form of conversion issue. There are two sets of lat/lon info inside the DJI JPEG, first the EXIF info (which gets the latitude wrong but the longitude right) and then the embedded XMP info (which is completely right).

The EXIF for each lat/lon value really consists of an array of three values, degrees/min/seconds. This can be computed to decimal values with deg + min/60 + sec/3600. In DJIs case, there's probably a back-conversion from decimal to deg/min/sec taking place and there's a misplaced parenthesis or something in that conversion. Should be extraordinarily easy to fix -- again, the longitude conversion is correct.
2019-3-19
Use props
Abuachmed
lvl.1

Sweden

Abuachmed Posted at 3-19 14:41
Dunno about the altitude, but there is an error in the lat/lon coordinates.

Or rather, it's some form of conversion issue. There are two sets of lat/lon info inside the DJI JPEG, first the EXIF info (which gets the latitude wrong but the longitude right) and then the embedded XMP info (which is completely right).

(This is, by the way, why some image viewing programs, for example IrfanView, get the lat/lon coordinates RIGHT -- they look at the maker-proprietary XMP tags, and not the EXIF info. It took me quite a while to figure this out)
2019-3-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules