Phantom 3 standard Wobbly issues after I received it from DJI!
1294 15 2018-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clay Sumner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106119 ft
United States

I had jello when I first got my drone the phantom 3 standard, so I sent it back to get repaired. Recently I received my "fixed" drone. The day after I received it, I  went to go fly it and it was sooo wobbly it crashed into the basketball goal...nothing broke on the drone that I saw. I didn't understand why this had happened because I calibrated the gymbal, IMU calibration, and compass calibration.  I looked up online why this had happened and I saw where it could be my propellers, I then bought brand new ones, put them on, and went to go flying today. I started the drone up and as soon as it took off I landed it because it was shaking so much I thought it would crash again. What originally sent my drone to be repaired for (the gymbal) came back with a fixed gymbal, and yet another problem (shaking). How do I fix this? Do I have to send it back to dji again? Here is a video of the drone shaking:
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... uabjTRX9PLkbUyxAM6T

2018-11-10
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Could be multiple causes.  I would send it back again.  It should have been working fine out of the box.
2018-11-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That has got to be frustration exemplified.

Hopefully, it gets fixed, this time.

RedHotPoker

2018-11-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Since this issue is still happening on your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support and and open a case for your drone at https://www.dji.com/support for further analysis and repair. Thank you for your support.

2018-11-11
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Just watched the video twice; looks pretty normal to me.  The variations in location and altitude could be attributed to several factors.  Too few satellites being locked, and not being in the P-GPS mode (S1 Switch in the full forward position) are two common causes.
2018-11-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

JackA Posted at 11-11 08:36
Just watched the video twice; looks pretty normal to me.  The variations in location and altitude could be attributed to several factors.  Too few satellites being locked, and not being in the P-GPS mode (S1 Switch in the full forward position) are two common causes.

Hard to tell if it is wobbly when the camerawork is so wobbly in itself.
2018-11-11
Use props
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Was the GPS signal strong enough? Was the drone in GPS mode? I would recommend you fly the drone a little bit of higher in an open area, see if it is the same.
2018-11-11
Use props
Clay Sumner
lvl.1
United States

Estelle Lau Posted at 11-11 20:13
Was the GPS signal strong enough? Was the drone in GPS mode? I would recommend you fly the drone a little bit of higher in an open area, see if it is the same.

I think the GPS signal was strong enough,  it had 9 or 10 satellites. Yes, the drone was in GPS mode.
2018-11-12
Use props
Clay Sumner
lvl.1
United States

JackA Posted at 11-11 08:36

When my drone had a gymbal issue I could fly it normally, and it wouldn't shake all over the place. My S1 switch was in the middle.
2018-11-12
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Clay, check page 10 of the user manual for the various flight modes set with the S1 Switch.  The most stable is P-GPS this is active when the S1 Switch is in the fully "Up" position.  All other flight modes are less stable and require much high pilot skill to maintain AC control.
2018-11-12
Use props
Clay Sumner
lvl.1
United States

JackA Posted at 11-12 08:17
Clay, check page 10 of the user manual for the various flight modes set with the S1 Switch.  The most stable is P-GPS this is active when the S1 Switch is in the fully "Up" position.  All other flight modes are less stable and require much high pilot skill to maintain AC control.

Thanks, I will check this out!
2018-11-12
Use props
Clay Sumner
lvl.1
United States

JackA Posted at 11-12 08:17

I misunderstood you when you said the s1 switch should be in the up position, I confused the s1 switch with the s2 switch. I actually did have the s1 switch in the up position and the s2 in the middle position.
2018-11-12
Use props
Clay Sumner
lvl.1
United States

The more I look at the drone during flight, it looks just like it moves back and forward when trying to hover.
2018-11-12
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

I did not really see anything that abnormal for the low altitude it was at.  As noted, it's hard to say with the shaky video. The drone's shadow seemed to stay fairly stationary.
2018-11-12
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

You need to get it 10 feet in the air, you are probably having issues with prop wash at that low altitude.
2018-11-12
Use props
Clay Sumner
lvl.1
United States

WD9EON Posted at 11-12 13:58
You need to get it 10 feet in the air, you are probably having issues with prop wash at that low altitude.

After doing IMU, Gymbal, Compass, and controller calibration it actually seems to fly more stable when flying. Yes, as I fly it higher it looks as it is more stable.
2018-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules