1027 5 2018-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Terra Trailblazers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12490 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem I'm having with my Spark. I flew it at the end of August and everything was fine, a few days later (6th September) it was unstable in the air and became unresponsive to the remote control for a few seconds. It kept dropping into ATTI mode and there were some Magnetic Filed Interference (sic) messages. When I downloaded the flight log, I noticed lots of yaw error messages, 50 in a few seconds, as well as numerous other error messages.

I have never been asked by the software to calibrate the compass, so I have never tried. All the compass and IMU sensors are green on the DJi Go 4 app. Every time I fly the Spark now, it gives yaw errors and compass/GPS errors, although some days are worse than others. I usually fly in wide open countryside, well away from buildings or road traffic, although the 6th September flight was on a beach in the vicinity a nuclear power station - an area I have flew before with no problems.

I have included some screenshots of the last trouble free flight and the first flight where I encountered problems. I am now reluctant to fly my Spark, particularly as I normally fly in remote area where recovering a lost drone would be problematic to say the least.

30th August 2018 flight (1).png
30th August 2018 flight (2).png
6th September 2018 flight (1).png
6th September 2018 flight (2).png
2018-11-11
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Have you tried resetting your aircraft to factory defaults and starting over with a clean slate.
2018-11-11
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Have you updated R/C or Spark firmware betwwen the last "good" flight and the bad ones?
I personally have zero problem with the latest firmware, but lots of users here reported problems like yours. If resetting doesn't help, you can downgrade the firmware too.
I'd also recommend downgrading the Go4 app to 4.1.15 or using the MOD 2.0 app.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Terra, just to verify, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? Is there any reminder on DJI GO 4 when the yaw error appears? You may try to connect with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware and see whether it helps.

BTW, we do not support to analyze the data from the third -party software. If the issue persists, please kindly refer to the below and export the corresponding flight data for further analysis, thank you!
2018-11-12
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

don't use internet during flight ....
2018-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules