Chances M2E accessory port would be available aftermarket?
1168 10 2018-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NEPA Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1847306 ft
United States

Alright, I know I can’t be the only one.. I love the idea of the Mavic 2 Enterprise, but I love the camera on my Mavic 2 Pro. Since eventually parts always end up for sale, I’ve been wondering if the top case of the Wnterprise, where the accessory port is located, is something that could be interchanged with the M2Z or M2P? Considering they were all developed together, I’m betting there’s a spot on the main board of the other M2’s where this accessory port cable likely could plug in.

What do you think the chances are thst this would become available in the parts world at least? The speaker and spotlight really intrigue me. The spotlight could help me get better pictures in low light, not to mention simply help light a scene much like lume cubes do, but with the option to turn it on/off from whatever distance so I don’t need to travel with it on and waste battery. Not to mention, the spotlight seems to be brighter and better positioned than lume cubes would be. As for the speaker, I think the novelty of playing a song or something while up in the air hovering doing a hyper lapse just gives another layer of interest. In certain situations, getting more people to look up st the drone during a hyper lapse can make for more interesting videos... what better way to get their attention than you be playing music at 200’?
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

I am thinking.. slim to none.. leaning towards not holding my breath....
2018-11-11
Use props
NEPA Mavic
lvl.2
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-11 07:40
I am thinking.. slim to none.. leaning towards not holding my breath....

Ok, let’s change this around then.. I would then assume that one could change the Pro’s gimbal and camera with the Enterprise, wouldn’t you think? I’m sure someone out there would buy my Pro with the Zoom’s camera on eBay or something
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

NEPA Mavic Posted at 11-11 07:44
Ok, let’s change this around then.. I would then assume that one could change the Pro’s gimbal and camera with the Enterprise, wouldn’t you think? I’m sure someone out there would buy my Pro with the Zoom’s camera on eBay or something

the Mavic 2 ZOOM might be the same camera/gimbal as the 2 Enterprise but no I doubt that the camera / gimbal control module of the 2 Pro is the same since its a 20mp camera and different gimbal..

I think if you want a 2E bite the bullet and sell you 2 Pro for what you can get, take the loss and move to the platform you want

2018-11-11
Use props
NEPA Mavic
lvl.2
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-11 08:02
the Mavic 2 ZOOM might be the same camera/gimbal as the 2 Enterprise but no I doubt that the camera / gimbal control module of the 2 Pro is the same since its a 20mp camera and different gimbal..

I think if you want a 2E bite the bullet and sell you 2 Pro for what you can get, take the loss and move to the platform you want

I don’t think you understand.. the gimbal and camera are interchangeable on the Zoom and Pro. The Enterprise has the camera from the Zoom. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be interchangeable, do you? My point is that I love the camera on my Pro more so than the Zoom, hence why I bought it in the first place. I’d love these accessories, but not by compromising my stills/video.
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

NEPA Mavic Posted at 11-11 08:05
I don’t think you understand.. the gimbal and camera are interchangeable on the Zoom and Pro. The Enterprise has the camera from the Zoom. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be interchangeable, do you? My point is that I love the camera on my Pro more so than the Zoom, hence why I bought it in the first place. I’d love these accessories, but not by compromising my stills/video.

if you say so.. don't have one but also can't see how a 12mp and 20mp are interchangeable but go for it..
2018-11-11
Use props
NEPA Mavic
lvl.2
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-11 11:49
if you say so.. don't have one but also can't see how a 12mp and 20mp are interchangeable but go for it..

Well I’m not sure why you’re replying when you say “I don’t know”, but from day one DJI even said the gimbal and camera were interchangeable between the two, seriously, where have you been? Just in case you’re misunderstanding me - the camera and gimbal (together) from the Pro, can be removed and replaced with the one on the Zoom and vice versa. The aircraft then acknowledges which camera is attached and will work like it’s supposed to in the DJI Go app..... soooo, yeah I mean that part is a fact. In fact your claim of one is 12mp and the other is 20mp literally has zero to do with it, with all due respect.
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

NEPA Mavic Posted at 11-11 12:46
Well I’m not sure why you’re replying when you say “I don’t know”, but from day one DJI even said the gimbal and camera were interchangeable between the two, seriously, where have you been? Just in case you’re misunderstanding me - the camera and gimbal (together) from the Pro, can be removed and replaced with the one on the Zoom and vice versa. The aircraft then acknowledges which camera is attached and will work like it’s supposed to in the DJI Go app..... soooo, yeah I mean that part is a fact. In fact your claim of one is 12mp and the other is 20mp literally has zero to do with it, with all due respect.

well with all due respect  I have not seen a press release from DJI where they tout this interchagerbility ..

in fact .. DJI in almost every case discourages uses from just about everything except putting on replacement DJI props.. so for them to suggest that a end user should be swapping around camera and gimbal assemblies sounds a little out of character for DJI in the first place..

12 vs 20mp would have to to with cabling and bandwidth to the camera control board.. and I would not think that the camera control board would be the same for the zoom camera and the hastleblad 20mp camera..

anyway .. your OP thread was when will dji let you buy the M2E interface components for accessories for your pro and I stand with my .. it will never happen prediction..

if you want to go hacking up and trying to mod your 1500 dollar drone I stick by my second and third comments...

go for it... get on alibaba and find the parts and hack away..

still likely easier and a whole lot safer to sell the 2 Pro and buy and enterprise with all the goodies...

edit
after a bit of google foo.. here is what I found

DJI will offer a SERVCE to swap it out.. which sounds expensive and not exactly plug and play but likely involve swaping more than just the camera and gimbal..

Unlike the Inspire 2 series where owners can swap out the camera, the Mavic 2 camera and gimbal assembly doesn’t have a release where the owner can quickly swap out and replace the assembly. Many people have asked whether DJI will offer the cameras for sale individually so they can go from the Pro camera to the Zoom model but DJI has said they won’t be doing this for safety.
Instead, DJI will be offering a swap procedure through their technical support locations which will require the drone to be sent in. This is similar to how Canon has a PL to EF mount swap.
It’s not clear on how the program will work yet, whether they give you the original camera to keep for later and how much the service will cost but it’s good to know that it will be possible.

lastly .. done with the thread.. going nowhere.... good luck... let us know how the hack job goes....

2018-11-11
Use props
NEPA Mavic
lvl.2
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-11 12:55
well with all due respect  I have not seen a press release from DJI where they tout this interchagerbility ..

in fact .. DJI in almost every case discourages uses from just about everything except putting on replacement DJI props.. so for them to suggest that a end user should be swapping around camera and gimbal assemblies sounds a little out of character for DJI in the first place..

The thread is going nowhere because someone with zero useful information is responding to me. You sound like a guy on amazon answering a product question which begins: I didnt buy this, don’t have this, I know nothing about the product, but.....

But I’m an actual reply to your reply, yeah DJI will swap them because it involves more than a click and release mechanism. Thanks for the google blurb though, really appreciate it
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

I am the ONLY one dumb enough to answer it .. and now I am done.. congrats.. you are on your own...

2018-11-11
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pick a swap tutorial,  they are here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Swap+Mavic+2+cameras

Randy
2018-11-11
Use props