Low budget phone to run DJI Go 4 App?
2812 8 2018-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Today my Samsung S7 had a fall from around 4m up and landed face down.  Completely damaging the glass and the display screen. From a quick  search I found out that a replacement fix will cost around 140 euros,  but I'll check on that tomorrow morning.

So I'm thinking that instead of going for the replacement to invest on a  low budget phone that can run the DJI Go 4 app without issues, and wait  for the Black Friday deals to get a proper phone.

So far the best I could find at my budget (below 200 euros) is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. Any suggestions?
2018-11-11
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I use the Xiaomi Max2, a 6.4 inch screen. Works great!

cheers
JJB
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. Thank you for the inquiry. DJI recommend to use a mobile device that is listed on the recommended mobile device list for you DJi Mavic 2 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you for your support.

2018-11-11
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-11 11:55
Hello. Thank you for the inquiry. DJI recommend to use a mobile device that is listed on the recommended mobile device list for you DJi Mavic 2 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

I'm aware of the compatibility list. Thanks anyway.
2018-11-11
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Same as JJB Xiaomi Max2 or some other Chinese phone like huawei nova 3i
2018-11-11
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

Go with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. It is in the compatibility list and its really cheap for its specs.
2018-11-11
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

@xagoras, you can find other commonly used devices that aren't on the compatibility list here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)
2018-11-12
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

I have the $49 huawei elate 8 and it runs perfectly. Little bigger screen then my droid s7 too.
2018-11-12
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Greece

msinger Posted at 11-12 07:01
@xagoras, you can find other commonly used devices that aren't on the compatibility list here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

I've checked that out thoroughly the last couple of days. I've decided to go down the wise way. I'll fix the screen on the S7 for now and wait for any good Black Friday deals to get a better phone at a decent price.

It's going to cost 150 euros for screen replacement and battery change, so better play it safe since it worked perfectly with the app. I'll just pass it to the wife afterwards

-''Hey honey, I decided to give you my S7''
-''Really? What are you going to use with your drone?''
-''I found a chinese phone with a larger screen''
-''Which one?''
-''It's called OnePlus 6T. You wouldn't know it. It's Chinese''

Anyway, thanks for helping out guys.
2018-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules