Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Travelling with the Inspire 1
820 7 2018-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPS_Marsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 861293 ft
Australia

Hello everyone,

I've never taken my inspire on the plane before I and just wanted to check a few details here, just so I'm sure. Firstly I own the Go Professional Inspire 1 TRAVEL Case. The dimensions of the case exceed the maximum length for checked luggage. Can I still take the case and just pay extra or will I have to find another form of travel method? I will be flying on a Qantas Boeing 737-800 and their maximum Baggage is 140cm/54in.

Thanks
2018-11-11
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

That is something you should ask to you air line not here...
2018-11-12
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the case is travel flight and has the proper locks you should be fine, I have flown with my Bestem Aerial backpack in their flight case and had not even a scratch on the case with my Inspire ready to fly in landing mode with the camera mounted. Note that most airlines do not allow batteries to be stored with the bird but must be taken in your hand luggage with at least insulation tape over the contacts or better yet on a LIPO safe bag. depending on your battery it will usually allow for only 2 batteries per person. One battery in the craft is usually acceptable, but loose batteries cannot be in the luggage compartment. That said different airlines have different rules, and in fact I recently read a couple of airlines are not permitting drones at all on board.
2018-11-12
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

generally, your ok to travel with TB47 batteries stored
TB48's are over most limits tho, so it usually seems to be a case of being able to bring 2 per passenger onboard.

again, like said above, email your airline to ask what their policy is.
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. Good day and thank you for the inquiry on how to travel with your DJI Inspire 1 drone. The best thing you need to do is to contact the airline company personnel for them to give you all the details on how to pack and bring the drone abroad. If you have any other concerns regarding DJI please feel free to post it here. We are here to help you. Have a safe travel and happy flying. Thank you.
2018-11-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As the TB48's are >100wh you tend to be restricted to x2 per passenger. Always check with the Airline and get it confirmed in writing via email and take copy with you.
2018-11-14
Use props
FPS_Marsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 861293 ft
Australia

thanks for the replies, I know the whole situation with batteries and I’ve just got to pay a little extra to take the case.

Thanks for the replies
2018-11-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPS_Marsh Posted at 11-14 13:51
thanks for the replies, I know the whole situation with batteries and I’ve just got to pay a little extra to take the case.

Thanks for the replies

You're welcome
2018-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules