Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Obstacle Avoidance disabled!!!
5899 22 2018-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KKAISS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50335 ft
Canada

The obstacle avoidance status indicator on my DJI GO 4 app is always red (All Directions). This is been red for the past 3 days, before it used to be all green when using Tripod mode but now no matter what I do the status indicator on the app is all red. I reviewed every thing in the setting but no luck. Any idea to whats happening, anyone else is facing the same problem?
I don't want to fly my M2P with these sensors marked as red.
2018-11-11
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Are they still red after you take off?  There is an issue that when on the ground they do stay red but will engage after being in the air.
2018-11-11
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

This is very strange, I was afraid to take off while its indicating red, it was always green before taking off a week ago. Is this due to the new firmware upgrade that was released recently?  Anyways, I will try tomorrow to fly it with status indicating red and will let you know. Thanks for the fast help.
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi KKAISS, may I know what's the OS of your mobile device? Android or iOS? For an Android device, the sensors icon will be red before take-off, you may check during the flight. Our engineers will optimize this in the future firmware update. Appreciate your support and patience.
2018-11-12
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-11-12
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 11-12 02:37
Hi KKAISS, may I know what's the OS of your mobile device? Android or iOS? For an Android device, the sensors icon will be red before take-off, you may check during the flight. Our engineers will optimize this in the future firmware update. Appreciate your support and patience.

I used it on both, iPhone 8 and Samsung Note, both show a red status. I took off today, and the stability of the drone was weird, some wind was there but not like before. It was scary, please see attached photo.
2018-11-12
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

El Diablo Posted at 11-12 04:52
Others have reported this a a "side effect" of the new fw update. Take off and check if it changes to green as it seems to happen only when on the ground.

No difference, changed the phone from iPhone to Samsung, same problem, applied the firmware assistant refresh, took more than 15 minutes, no changes. I think the Mavic 2 Pro is having a flu from the cold weather here in Canada
2018-11-12
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-11-13
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

So I have refreshed the firmware using DJI assistant, now the obstacle avoidance is working fine when using my iPhone, but when using my Android device, the obstacle avoidance is always red whether I'm flying or on the ground. That tells me the firmware for Android devices is screwed up and needs to be fixed. Basically DJI is so busy counting money and forgetting about customer service as usual.

I would say, before DJI should announce for the Mavic 2 Enterprise they should fix the passed due issues of the Mavic 2 Pro, like accurate return to home and the obstacle avoidance using android and few more glitches here and there....!
2018-11-13
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

El Diablo Posted at 11-13 00:26
Weird... normally updating through iOS don't create issues. You will probably need to re-install the update (sometimes it says the update is completed but somehow got corrupted). There are videos from DJI on how to do this through the DJI Assistant.

So I have refreshed the firmware using DJI assistant, now the obstacle avoidance is working fine when using my iPhone, but when using my Android device, the obstacle avoidance is always red whether I'm flying or on the ground. That tells me the firmware for Android devices is screwed up and needs to be fixed. Basically DJI is so busy counting money and forgetting about customer service as usual.

I would say, before DJI should announce for the Mavic 2 Enterprise they should fix the passed due issues of the Mavic 2 Pro, like accurate return to home and the obstacle avoidance using android and few more glitches here and there....!
2018-11-13
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

Hello.

I had the same issue with oa being disabled wile still flying.
I went back to the previous firmware once, to see that it was only fw doing this. Not the dji go app itself.
However after uppgrading to latest fw again and doing the vps calibration on the computer it now works as others describe, Sensors come on once i take off.
2018-11-13
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

I will try this calibration again, but I doubt that it will fix this issue while using my Android. It is a pain in the **** to go through all that as an end users for an expenssive drone, it looks like we are the engineers working for DJI.
Will be sending a request for my paycheck from DJI at the end of the month.
2018-11-13
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-11-14
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

So your aircraft is on the ground, it detects obstacles all around except upwards. This is a good sign as it means that all sensors are functioning
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KKAISS Posted at 11-13 08:04
I will try this calibration again, but I doubt that it will fix this issue while using my Android. It is a pain in the **** to go through all that as an end users for an expenssive drone, it looks like we are the engineers working for DJI.
Will be sending a request for my paycheck from DJI at the end of the month.

Hi KKAISS, thanks for keeping us updated. For the red sensors during the flight, could you upload the screenshot recording and corresponding flight data in the aircraft for better assistance? We'd forward to our engineers to investigate the exact status, thank you!
2018-11-14
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

Boffin Posted at 11-14 00:31
So your aircraft is on the ground, it detects obstacles all around except upwards. This is a good sign as it means that all sensors are functioning

No that was not the case. I have came to a self conclusion that my Samsung Note 4 is not compatible with the DJI App, and no matter what you do, OA do not function properly, or at least you have no clue whether they are or not detecting obstacles.

What I don't like is the fact that DJI software developers allow the app to be installed on non compatible devices like note 4.

Problem solved, thanks for all.
2018-11-14
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 11-14 02:07
Hi KKAISS, thanks for keeping us updated. For the red sensors during the flight, could you upload the screenshot recording and corresponding flight data in the aircraft for better assistance? We'd forward to our engineers to investigate the exact status, thank you!

I have came to a self conclusion that my Samsung Note 4 is not compatible with the DJI App, and no matter what you do, OA do not function properly, or at least you have no clue whether they are or not detecting obstacles.

What I don't like is the fact that DJI software developers allow the app to be installed on non compatible devices like note 4.

Problem solved, thanks for all.
2018-11-14
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

KKAISS Posted at 11-14 12:11
I have came to a self conclusion that my Samsung Note 4 is not compatible with the DJI App, and no matter what you do, OA do not function properly, or at least you have no clue whether they are or not detecting obstacles.

What I don't like is the fact that DJI software developers allow the app to be installed on non compatible devices like note 4.

Good problem solving solution. I agree, app developers shouldn't allow on incompatible devices.

I was going to say to uninstall and reinstall FW which is what I've would've done.

2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KKAISS Posted at 11-14 12:11

What I don't like is the fact that DJI software developers allow the app to be installed on non compatible devices like note 4.

That's OK. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-11-16
Use props
fansac8b559a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23045 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-12 02:37

Susan,

It happened the same thing to me. I have a Samsung S8 and when in flight it shows for a few seconds the forward and backward sensor working but then it turns all the sensor in Red again.
When I was landing it started moving forward and almost crashed into the grass.

any advice?
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansac8b559a Posted at 11-18 15:12
Susan,

It happened the same thing to me. I have a Samsung S8 and when in flight it shows for a few seconds the forward and backward sensor working but then it turns all the sensor in Red again.

During the landing period, the sensors will not work, you may check the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/Mavic%202%20Pro%20Zoom%20User%20Manual%20V1.4.pdf
If the drone is not in landing mode and the sensors still do not work, please offer the screen recording for better assistance, thank you!
1.png
2018-11-20
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 11-20 00:29
During the landing period, the sensors will not work, you may check the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/Mavic%202%20Pro%20Zoom%20User%20Manual%20V1.4.pdf
If the drone is not in landing mode and the sensors still do not work, please offer the screen recording for better assistance, thank you!

Thanks Susan, that was awesome explanation.
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KKAISS Posted at 11-24 04:32
Thanks Susan, that was awesome explanation.

More than happy to help.
2018-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules