JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Droffarc Posted at 11-14 03:45
BTW here are two pics from early in the flight -
btw
I flew following a stream towards a bridge some 100 meters away.

Hi Drooffarc,

Very good news!, DJI replaced your Spark. A big thumbs up for DJI.

Use this to upload your log(s) > http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

If you are an Android user ; mobile device > //root/DJI/DJI go/flightrecords/*

*  DJIflightrecord_yyyy-mm-dd_[time].txt

cheers
JJB
2018-11-14
Use props
62+
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

Droffarc Posted at 11-14 03:19
Thanks Tony, I did just that and the good news is that they have decided to replace my spark!
Now who could want better service than that?

So glad that you are going to get a replacement.
Great service from DJI even for us in South Africa.
2018-11-14
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

JJBspark Posted at 11-14 05:06
Hi Drooffarc,

Very good news!, DJI replaced your Spark. A big thumbs up for DJI.

Very interesting - YoH!! lots of yaw errors, speed errors...

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NO3PKIBBI0XFI7W24XKT/

I don't know if you can see the log there
2018-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Droffarc Posted at 11-14 09:54

It can’t be known what exactly occurred, it’s easy to see you had interference in your drone and compass problem, so the person with the most information is yourself, when you took off it looks like you were in some waste that is also some kind of car park, could you have been close to car before you took off could you have started drone close to your car, it looks like you picked up some magnetic interference and it showed when you were 30ft off the ground which is quite possible , if you watched the video I put up you will see what I’m talking about.
Your first reaction when you get this kind of interference is just land, but easier said than done, your aircraft was flying slow and not as others said very fast, but if it hasn’t happened to you before then confusion and panic can set in.

But for your experience dji have honoured your warranty and that’s great and hopefully your back in the air soon.
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks Tony, I did just that and the good news is that they have decided to replace my spark!

Hi, thanks for your updates. Glad that our team could be able to provide the best resolution in your case. Rest assured that we will keep improving our service on our end for better customer service experience. Thank you for the support. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need our assistance.
2018-11-14
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Droffarc Posted at 11-14 09:54

Hi Droffarc,

Thanks for uploading your log.
Indeed many errors, it all started with a YawError. (imu/compass had a internal fight i guess)

Wish you had a screen recorder active, because i think that your drone flew in OPTI mode after the GPS data was cut out bye the software. OPTI mode is seen on your mobile device screen, it is often one step before ATTI. (OPTI uses vision, at height is looses its reference and when no GPS is there ATTI will become active.)
So IMO ; if a drone goes into OPTI mode ; carefull and better fly home or land if possible.

But thanks to DJI you can fly soon again.

Many happy landings!

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2018-11-14
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

I'm betting he did have a screen recorder running - as otherwise, how did he get the still images of his screen during the event? lol

I'm enjoying watching the analysis of this flight, too bad the result is a lost bird.
2018-11-14
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

White Ox Posted at 11-14 12:28
I'm betting he did have a screen recorder running - as otherwise, how did he get the still images of his screen during the event? lol

I'm enjoying watching the analysis of this flight, too bad the result is a lost bird.

OMG, stupid me   ofcourse!!  ,  thanks White Ox.

But that means he can see what MODE was on the screen.....i am curious

cheers
JJB

2018-11-14
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Curiosity kill the katje

I am not going to post the entire flight vid  - data costs more than a few gulders .
But here are some of the salient items.
BTW I was NOT NEAR any vehicle - I had left my motorcycle up on the road and walked down to the stream.

BUT WAIT! There's more!  I find all this VERY interesting and want to learn MORE....
Where can I learn more about the flight log analisys with special reference to compass error, speeed error and yaw error and the interpretation of the log - I'm finding it fascinating.

2018-11-15
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Droffarc Posted at 11-15 04:55
Curiosity kill the katje

I am not going to post the entire flight vid  - data costs more than a few gulders .

Hi,

Nice to see your screenshots.

Would be great if DJI warn the user with audio when the drone goes from GPS into OPTI mode. (read #46)

Cheers
JJB
2018-11-15
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

This still frustrates me.... He's tracking 13-14 Satellites with great reception.  So that system is working fine.  Then, a compass error... so let's take the system that's working well and remove it from the game.

If DJI were smart about it, it wouldn't take much movement of the AC to determine which direction is north based simply off of GPS coordinate changes.  Once it's established which direction is North, pay attention to the IMU to know what direction the AC is facing.  DJI could even put up a "Confirm / Deny" permission to make such a move in case the AC is in too tight of quarters to move without hitting something.  IF denied, they could tell the pilot to manually fly to a safe area and then initiate said procedure.  Once completed, the AC could return to home because 1, it knows what direction north is, 2, GPS system is still functional.
2018-11-15
Use props
RISoverland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12484 ft

United States

Awesome on you DJI
2018-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules