Would Like to be able to hook up my GoPro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

I know why would I want to.   Lets forgo that part of the discussion.  I liked the Gopro and Gimbal that is on my P2. I just don't like not being able to connect it if I wanted to. In the future an Interface Board that would allow it to connect to the P3 would be nice as an option. The P3p that I have is great.  Just don't like that I have to use only one setup with no other options.
2015-6-3
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Purchase the P2 then. That way you can select one out of column A and one out of column B and one out of column C.

The Phantom 3 is sold as a turn key quad (well almost turn key) . Full integration of the Lightbridge telemetry (FPV) and a camera at a price less than you can put together a system as separate parts.
2015-6-3
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-3 23:48
Purchase the P2 then. That way you can select one out of column A and one out of column B and one ou ...

Some of the crash pictures that I have seen on PhantomPilots Forum show damage to the P3 gimbal. The gimbal is very thin in one place and one minor crash breaks it, seems a little to delicate to me from the reports of only a minor crash.  Crashed my P2 a number of times and the Gopro and gimbal came out fine. Just thought an alternative repair route would be nice to have. I did state that the P3p is great. Glad to see that you are so quick to defend OUR purchase. Yes it is nice to have an option to pick and choose an option and not be locked in to only one DEALER repair.
2015-6-3
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

clkilljoy1@nets Posted at 2015-6-4 00:27
Some of the crash pictures that I have seen on PhantomPilots Forum show damage to the P3 gimbal. T ...

Please don't confuse my comment on purchasing a P2 over the P3 as a defense of the P3. It wasn't.

I gave serious thought to purchasing the P2 over the P3 until  I calculated the cost to get the quad, the Lightbridge system and the camera (and I have a GoPro Hero4 Black). The P3 Pro was much cheaper in price.

Again, the P2 is more of an a la carte quad, with the P3 being the lunch plate special.
2015-6-3
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-4 00:53
Please don't confuse my comment on purchasing a P2 over the P3 as a defense of the P3. It wasn't.

Thanks. Wish I had the choice two years ago. Would go with the P3 for sure too.
2015-6-3
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I believe the issue is light bridge,  and I'm pretty sure it's built into the gimble up on top where the sd card is,  notice the fan?  Camera don't need fans but something that is encoding video does. .  Notice if you listen real carefully the p3 controller also has a fan inside of it. . I can hear it running...  so if you take the gimble off you will lose control and video transfer too..  that is why I believe you can't swap the gimbles.   
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules