Matrice 210's keep falling out of the sky
3903 17 2018-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans543afbdd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098507 ft
United States

About a month ago I bought an M210 with a Z30 and XT2 FLIR a for SAR team in Colorado.   After testing everything and lots of updates, we took it up to about 75 feet to test cameras, and  about a 1 minute into the flight we had a total power failure and it crashed to the ground.

After lots of back and forth with DJI, I received new equipment.  This time we took the equipment to Denver, to Multicopter warehouse just for the insurance of having them check all firmware updates and that everything was fine.  They flew it for 2 battery cycles.  We took it back up once again to test cameras etc.  On the way up at about 15 feet and 15 seconds once again total power failure and it came crashing down.

So at this point I am out $25,000 and have never used any equipment for more than about 1 minute.  Thank goodness they crashed right after take off, because where I need to fly in the Rockies we would never have found the equipment or have been able to access it.

So now what to do?   How will I ever trust the 210 again, now I am waiting for DJI but I feel I should just ask for a total refund.
2018-11-13
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

the application was pilot 1.0.1 too?
2018-11-13
Use props
djiuser_gIqVt4ObCKy7
New
Sweden

Or higher?
2018-11-13
Use props
Droning.CG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41083 ft

Poland

In my opinion DJI should return the total amount, and at the same time introduce a total flight ban for the M200 series until the software is repaired.
DJI should expect a collective legal claim?
There are a lot of incidents reports on the web.
Series M200 Series keepers should abstain from flights, and those who have damage should immediately report their accidents to local aviation federations, in order to give the case a validity in flight safety mode.
Failing to report an air accident, there is only a way to prove the fault of the equipment and claim from DJI
2018-11-13
Use props
fans543afbdd
lvl.2
United States

Droning.CG Posted at 11-13 12:45
In my opinion DJI should return the total amount, and at the same time introduce a total flight ban for the M200 series until the software is repaired.
There are a lot of incidents reports on the web.

I am talking to my attorney about it right now.
2018-11-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very scary to read - I know the UKCAA have prohibited any drone using the TB50 to be flown over any people at any height and suspended commercial ops - Matrice 200 series and Inspire 2 effectively grounded here.
2018-11-14
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 11-14 05:05
Very scary to read - I know the UKCAA have prohibited any drone using the TB50 to be flown over any people at any height and suspended commercial ops - Matrice 200 series and Inspire 2 effectively grounded here.

Are You sure they have Suspended Commercial Ops.
As far as I'm aware they have only prohibited flights over People
2018-11-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

broadlandboy Posted at 11-14 06:16
Are You sure they have Suspended Commercial Ops.
As far as I'm aware they have only prohibited flights over People

Good news - that element appears to have recently been liftedhttp://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SafetyNotice2018010.pdf
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are terribly sorry to read that the issue persists with the replacement drone, we managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the drone has been sent in again and has arrived in the facility, our repair center will get it fixed as soon as possible.
We have released a new firmware version V01.02.0000 on 2018.11.16, this firmware update resolves the rare issue of mid-flight power loss due to incorrect battery level calculations, please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-172457-1-1.html It is recommended to update to the latest version when you get it back. We apologize again for the trouble caused.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Droning.CG Posted at 11-13 12:45
There are a lot of incidents reports on the web.

Hi Droning.CG, the new firmware V01.02.0000 has resolved the rare issue of mid-flight power loss due to incorrect battery level calculations, please update to the latest version at your most convenience. If you have multiple batteries, please run this firmware update on all of them.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 11-14 05:05

Hi A CW, the new firmware V01.02.0000 has resolved the rare issue of mid-flight power loss due to incorrect battery level calculations, please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-172457-1-1.html
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 02:09
Hi A CW, the new firmware V01.02.0000 has resolved the rare issue of mid-flight power loss due to incorrect battery level calculations, please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-172457-1-1.html

Good to know - thanks for the update Mindy.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 11-19 02:10
Good to know - thanks for the update Mindy.

No problem, thanks for your attention and support to DJI.
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 04:20
No problem, thanks for your attention and support to DJI.

You're welcome
2018-11-19
Use props
fans543afbdd
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 02:00
Hi there, we are terribly sorry to read that the issue persists with the replacement drone, we managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the drone has been sent in again and has arrived in the facility, our repair center will get it fixed as soon as possible.
We have released a new firmware version V01.02.0000 on 2018.11.16, this firmware update resolves the rare issue of mid-flight power loss due to incorrect battery level calculations, please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-172457-1-1.html It is recommended to update to the latest version when you get it back. We apologize again for the trouble caused.

Thanks Mindy,

Last time to insure I got new equipment I had to hire an attorney.  So I am not very patient.  You might let your management know I am not dealing with the tons of form e mails.  If someone in the next couple of days does not inform me I am getting all new equipment, then I will be turning this over to my attorney to demand full refund.   If someone besides a stupid form letter would just contact me that would be nice and we could work this out.  Otherwise I would get more satisfaction out of a lawsuit or possible class action.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans543afbdd Posted at 11-19 08:41
Thanks Mindy,

Last time to insure I got new equipment I had to hire an attorney.  So I am not very patient.  You might let your management know I am not dealing with the tons of form e mails.  If someone in the next couple of days does not inform me I am getting all new equipment, then I will be turning this over to my attorney to demand full refund.   If someone besides a stupid form letter would just contact me that would be nice and we could work this out.  Otherwise I would get more satisfaction out of a lawsuit or possible class action.

Your request has been escalated to the appropriate department for attention, the team will follow up and contact you soon, please wait patiently, sorry again or all the trouble caused.
2018-11-19
Use props
SEBASTIAN URIBE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9439003 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-19 20:02
Your request has been escalated to the appropriate department for attention, the team will follow up and contact you soon, please wait patiently, sorry again or all the trouble caused.

Hi, . I've had the same problem with a Matrice 210 RTK V2. I was flying at an altitude of 300 ft, with a 40% battery charge remaining, when it suddenly turned off and the drone fall down. It happened on December 15, 2019. The problem is that the drone fell in a river, and it was impossible to recover it. I only have the flight data log which shows an ESC error and it suddenly turn off.

I really appreciate if you could help me with this issue.
2020-1-27
Use props
DK-Fire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 973980 ft
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-19 02:00
We have released a new firmware version V01.02.0000 on 2018.11.16, this firmware update resolves the rare issue of mid-flight power loss due to incorrect battery level calculations, please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-172457-1-1.html It is recommended to update to the latest version when you get it back. We apologize again for the trouble caused.

Hi Mindy.... how Can i contact you in PM, about a crashed 210v2 RTK ?
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules