DJI Ronin Flops randomly
1132 6 2018-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skytechone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204790 ft
United States

My ronin has been randomly flopping/stoping when shooting. It was working fine since I bought it until about last month (I used it about once a week or so.) I purchased the gimbal about two or 3 months ago. WHat happens is it would be working and then suddenly it will just drop down. I would have to power off and then on again. It is almost unusable as the problem might happen very soon after. I haven't updated the firmware yet (if there is one) but just wanted to hear your thoughts before I do so and I haven't found anything on the web on this problem yet. Thx!
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi skytechone, sorry for the troubles with our product, may I verify if you are referring to Ronin or Ronin-S first?
2018-11-15
Use props
skytechone
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-15 03:34
Hi skytechone, sorry for the troubles with our product, may I verify if you are referring to Ronin or Ronin-S first?

Its the Ronin S
2018-11-15
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using the Ronin-s with a Panasonic GH5 connected via USB?
2018-11-15
Use props
skytechone
lvl.1
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 11-15 10:02
Are you using the Ronin-s with a Panasonic GH5 connected via USB?

Using Sony A7RIII using IR cable.
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

skytechone Posted at 11-15 10:05
Using Sony A7RIII using IR cable.

Thanks for your clarification, yes, we recommend updating to the latest firmware to see if the issue persists.
With the RSS-IR cable, please point the infrared light to the camera's receiver vertically, the distance should be 1-3cm, you can use the small hook and loop strap to secure the RSS-IR control cable to the gimbal.
Then please select the correct camera model in Create--Camera Control. GTScreenshot_20180926_164321.png

2018-11-15
Use props
schoebox
New
United States

I’m having the same problem with the Ronin S with my Canon M45D. It randomly goes into standby mode when using the micro-usb cable included. It started happenekng when I updated to the latest firmware.
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules