please update the filename to dji_yyyymmdd
631 3 2018-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noobAtl404
lvl.1
United States

the save file format is terrible. i lose track of my files all the time because moving 4k videos between different devices shifts the created date. got damn.
2018-11-13
Use props
salmonshark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 206352 ft
United States

Because of this, I personally make my folder names mm_dd_yyyy_description_of_area and dump the contents of my SD into it.
2018-11-13
Use props
Mavic_Jay
First Officer
Flight distance : 2113419 ft
United Kingdom

You blame DJI because you can't use a PC or remember where you put a file,

This is not  DJI issue all digital cameras that i have used have always saved this way without the DJI prefix
As above strip card to one folder, go into folder and use the rename feature .... Bingo call them what you want!
2018-11-14
Use props
doubleJ
New
Flight distance : 2762 ft

United States

If you copy/paste, it will change the date created as it's actually creating a different file.What you will find is that the date modified doesn't change (unless you actually modify the file).
So, two semi-useful options are to cut/paste the files or just use the date modified and understand that you'll have to subtract the length of the video from that time.

It would be best if DJI would change the filename structure to something based on the date/time that the file is created (YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS or similar).

Of course, pictures should contain a date taken attribute (too bad videos don't).
JJ
2022-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules