Drone through Dubai Customs without Registering it (Give it back?)
1384 3 2018-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
don813
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

I am travelling through Duabi with my final destination being Maldives. On my way back from Maldives, I will be in Dubai for 5 days, in which I will have to enter the country with my drone. I have not registered my drone.

I have read that we have to 'register' the drone with the GCAA / DCAA but it is impossible to do because I am not an UAE citizen and do not have a phone number. I contacted the DCAA about my situation (let them know i am tourist traveling through Dubai, will be in Dubai for 5 days without a registered drone) and received this response:

"Greetings,
If you are staying over in Dubai then customs will keep your drone, you can collect it again on departure.
If you are just transiting there are no issues.
Regards,  "

This is the first time I have heard about this and am wondering if anyone has successfully kept their drone with Dubai Customs and then collected it back when the departed? I researched this topic but have not found a clear answer. Any other insight would be much appreciated. Thanks

2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry to know about this. Hope you could be able to get the best recommendation from our customers who manage to bring their drone in Dubai and Maldives. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-14
Use props
djiuser_PrljBJkEfogt
New

United Kingdom

Hi there mate please would you be able to help out since going to Dubai? Did you have any trouble at the airport? Would you be able to now answer your question? Hope you had no issues and flights went smoooth!
2019-1-26
Use props
lawrance
New

United States

Rules in Dubai often gets changed. So, it is important to read any particular related to any specific item's entry in Dubai. Drone camera is not allowed by Dubai authorities at the moment. This may change in future.
https://www.rentanycar.ae/
2023-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules