Battery Replacement Program?
17777 17 2018-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
panny1
lvl.1

United States

Is there a battery replacement program? Like many others, I left my Mavic Pro batteries for too long and now they’re not working. It’s a lot of money to replace them and I was hoping that DJI could refurbish / have a trade-in for batteries - even a token $20 to $30 would be appreciated. Also this would be good for recycling.
2018-11-14
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI does not have a program to repair damaged batteries. You'll need to dispose of them and purchase new batteries.

To prevent this from happening again, just follow the simple tips in this article:
HOW TO: Maintain and store your DJI drone batteries
2018-11-14
Use props
panny1
lvl.1

United States

msinger Posted at 11-14 12:36
DJI does not have a program to repair damaged batteries. You'll need to dispose of them and purchase new batteries.

To prevent this from happening again, just follow the simple tips in this article:

That’s a shame. A real shame. But a great profit maker for DJI as I’m sure most customers learn about battery maintenance the hard way.
2018-11-14
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

It's an expensive lesson to learn. The good news is you will probably never forget to maintain them again.
2018-11-14
Use props
panny1
lvl.1

United States

msinger Posted at 11-14 12:47
It's an expensive lesson to learn. The good news is you will probably never forget to maintain them again.

I can tell from the many many posts that so many DJI customers have had to learn the hard way. DJI could do so much better... by having a clear sticker on the battery to warn customers that storing for longer than a month without maintenance can lead to a permanently dead battery. Also to have a program for customers to send in the dead batteries for a replacement at a discount. This would mean prioritizing long term customer experience over short term profits. Just a suggestion.
2018-11-14
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

To be fair, they do provide documentation that explains how to care for the batteries. I'm guessing people just aren't taking the time to read it.
2018-11-14
Use props
panny1
lvl.1

United States

msinger Posted at 11-14 13:00
To be fair, they do provide documentation that explains how to care for the batteries. I'm guessing people just aren't taking the time to read it.

Yes... I'm guessing a lot less than 10% in 2018 read manuals!
In 2018 devices are expected to be so user friendly that there's no need for a manual - a tutorial on the app should cover this. And of course there's YouTube.
2018-11-14
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Wait, "Battery Replacement Program"?
DJI here?

Ha ha ha ha ha ......
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. As of the moment, we don't have this kind of option here in DJI, however, we will forward your suggestion to our team for consideration. You could reach our support for further help and to see if you could use the warranty of your drone. Please see the link below for your reference.

www.dji.com/support
2018-11-14
Use props
Ksato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27674 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-11-14 12:36

I just purchased a brand new drone (Mavic Air) and it came with a dead battery that wont charge or even show any LED lights. What do I DO?
2019-1-21
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Ksato Posted at 1-21 14:29
I just purchased a brand new drone (Mavic Air) and it came with a dead battery that wont charge or even show any LED lights. What do I DO?

Return it to DJI under warranty.
2019-1-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ksato Posted at 1-21 14:29

Return the battery (if possible). If not possible, return the entire drone. Or contact DJI Support and they will replace the battery.
2019-1-22
Use props
Ksato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27674 ft
United States

Just returned it to DJI. Should arrive to their facility in TX soon. Drone is awesome, and I dont want to return the entire drone, because I already got replacement battery from local best buy.  I hope they will ship new battery to me. Thank you all.
2019-1-22
Use props
djiuser_Gk3A6PbfP0xX
New

United States

Ksato Posted at 2019-1-21 14:29

I have the same issue, did you figure it out?
2022-5-23
Use props
djiuser_TWYQw9lZJ4E0
New

United States

With ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) programs (and regulations) high on all companies agenda, battery replacement and refurbishing program should be at the top of DJI's to do list.
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_EnmdEwH3ExWU
lvl.1

France

LE logiciel Killer et le P2112 ça ne fonctionne pas c'est ces salops de DJI qui ont programmé pour bloquer le rechargement cela s'appelle l'obsolescence programmée. Tous des voleurs. DJI France c’est une bande de bon à rien !!!! ils connaissent ce blocage volontaire et cela les arranges bien pour se remplir les poches.
1-21 00:10
Use props
djiuser_EnmdEwH3ExWU
lvl.1

France

LE logiciel Killer et le P2112 ça ne fonctionne pas c'est ces salops de DJI qui ont programmé pour bloquer le rechargement cela s'appelle l'obsolescence programmée. Tous des voleurs. DJI France c’est une bande de bon à rien !!!! ils connaissent ce blocage volontaire et cela les arranges bien pour se remplir les poches.
Use props
djiuser_EnmdEwH3ExWU
lvl.1

France

Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules