Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is the M2P only a night owl?
869 8 2018-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MagicRide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

Owning the M2P I have to say it shoots great video and photos during that early sunrise and dusk time of the evening, however it requires a lot of work during the day to get a nice sharp not over-exposed video or  photo image.  In fact most of my middle of the day sunny photos and videos that I've taken are bloomy, over-exposed and lack resolution in lighter backgrounds (white houses, light colored buildings etc) even when using ND filters and lowering EV's down to -0.3 or -0.7.  I wish DJI could knock down the exposure a bit with a firmware update to balance things a bit more to get and overall better picture quality in bright sunny days. The M2P is clearly a drone that needs post work if you want your footage to come out decent. Here's a recent video from Captain Drone comparing the M2P with Phantom 2 pro at different light levels.

2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MagicRide. Thank you for providing us this comparison video between the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Rest assured MagicRide that i will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. If you have any other concerns or inquiries please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2018-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you try -1 for EV compensation already? Or even 1.5
I have to set it that low most of the time with MP1
2018-11-14
Use props
MagicRide
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-14 14:00
Hello and good day MagicRide. Thank you for providing us this comparison video between the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Rest assured MagicRide that i will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. If you have any other concerns or inquiries please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always.

DJI Stephen I understand the Mavic 2 pro is a different line of drone to the Phantom and I don't expect it to be equal to it, but what I'm hoping for is for DJI to improve the image/video quality in brighter conditions requiring less post work.
2018-11-14
Use props
MagicRide
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-14 15:01
Did you try -1 for EV compensation already? Or even 1.5
I have to set it that low most of the time with MP1

I've tried filming in all EV's below zero and if your subject is white (ie a white houses or buildings) it will be mostly overexposed and you loose detail. If you go too far below 0 the areas around look way too dark and underexposed. This is not just my drone in particular, it's what I've seen from most M2p footage out there. Maybe for some it may be acceptable but it is not pleasant to my eyes. If you look at the video above you will see how this drone was set up to get good quality in lower light conditions. If you shoot in d-log you have to work at correcting overexposure and bringing back some detail. The camera is setup to be a night drone.
2018-11-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good test between the two.
2018-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MagicRide Posted at 11-14 15:39
I've tried filming in all EV's below zero and if your subject is white (ie a white houses or buildings) it will be mostly overexposed and you loose detail. If you go too far below 0 the areas around look way too dark and underexposed. This is not just my drone in particular, it's what I've seen from most M2p footage out there. Maybe for some it may be acceptable but it is not pleasant to my eyes. If you look at the video above you will see how this drone was set up to get good quality in lower light conditions. If you shoot in d-log you have to work at correcting overexposure and bringing back some detail. The camera is setup to be a night drone.

Ok.
I can only share my experience with the MP1 and I really need to lower the ev comp there.
2018-11-15
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

The test in daylight have not the same shutter speed....that is not fair....why he didnt use Manual settings? Doesnt make any sense....
2018-11-15
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Very informative. Thanks for sharing
2018-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules