5196 18 2018-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all, I've been flying arund my house since GEO was first introduced and I'm fully aware I'm in a warning zone. But today that changed to a No Fly Zone with the latest update. I was still able to successfully unlock and fly but check ing the GEO ZONE MAP online shows that my house is not withing the Restricted zone. I've reported this as an error via the App but wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello manfredo. Thank you for raising this concern with us today. To help you further with this issue please send an email at flysafe@dji.com for further help and clarification. Thank you for your support. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2018-11-15
Use props
Uax4It
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 09:52
Hello manfredo. Thank you for raising this concern with us today. To help you further with this issue please send an email at  for further help and clarification. Thank you for your support. Have a safe and happy flying always.

The SMS DOESN'T WORK ONLY THE CREDIT CARD AND THE ZONES ARE INCORRECT AND OVER EXTENDED
2018-11-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Yes & with the entire USA a yellow warning zone pretty much. It’s lame.
2018-11-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 09:52
Hello manfredo. Thank you for raising this concern with us today. To help you further with this issue please send an email at  for further help and clarification. Thank you for your support. Have a safe and happy flying always.

Alright, email sent. Now let’s see if anyone gives a hoot.
2018-11-25
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing is happening to me. All of the city is now a NFZ.
2018-11-25
Use props
WONGWAICHOONG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8990 ft

China

this was bad bro... so how many time you manage to fly in a year...
2018-11-25
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Are all drone manufacturers doing the same thing and restricting huge or overlapping NFZ's?  Or is DJI trying to play good citizen manufacturer?

Once word spreads, there will be a dwindling or no market for any of the drones.  Or is the US FAA actually restricting most air space like this?
2018-11-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TX99517 Posted at 11-25 18:08
Same thing is happening to me. All of the city is now a NFZ.

Besides DJI updating their GEO system.  DJI switched data providers.  ''DJI has dropped AirMap and selected PrecisionHawk as its new North America data provider.''

Problem with greatly expanded NFZs could be a two-fold problem.
1) PrecisionHawk is overly cautious or AirMap was being lax.
2) DJI's GEO system was setup to read data from AirMap, and PrecisionHawk's data is of different format.  

2018-11-25
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I think Canada is just as bad now. I suspect pretty much all of urban USA and all of its national parks, and a lot of open spaces will become no fly zones in the distant future. Massive over regulation just because they can. Drone users need to start lobbying now before you lose all of your flying rights. Luckily in the UK the government havent jumped on this bandwagon and at least had the decency to ask drone users what they think before bringing in draconian legislation.
2018-11-26
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-25 22:06
Besides DJI updating their GEO system.  DJI switched data providers.  ''DJI has dropped AirMap and selected PrecisionHawk as its new North America data provider.''

Problem with greatly expanded NFZs could be a two-fold problem.

Whatever the issue, I don't see how a whole city can be a NFZ.  Something isn't right.
2018-11-26
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

For those of you who are having problems with the Geo system, just go and use Litchi app, and problems are solved.
2018-11-26
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-11-26
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-26 19:39
No it isn't.   Litchi checks the drone's internal status for NFZ restrictions.  If you can't fly with Go you can't fly with the current version of Litchi either.

That's strange because I was able to take off using litchi in a NFZ that DJI Go restricted.
2018-11-27
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-25 19:12
Here is the situation in Baltimore.  I have no problem with the flight envelope & glidepath restriction around airports.  Some of the small NFZ markers are for bizarre things like churches & even a local halfway house.  No bird I have prior to the M2P will ever see an update.  At least the massive blue circle over the entire downtown area is unlockable.

I'm right down the road in Annapolis, and the latest update goes almost all the way out to the Chesapeake Bay, where before, I could go to Annapolis Middle School and fly without warning or restriction. And yet, if you look at DJI's map, they completely ignore a very active flight school airport - Bay Bridge (W29). DJI would be better off putting an envelope around that one. They correctly show KESN since it's Class D.
2018-11-27
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

If this area of confusion and/or limitation is not straightened out soon. the advice will be not to buy a DJI drone if you live in the US as flight locations are becoming more and more limited - even in your own backyard.
2018-11-27
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

If everyone complains to DJI with specific NFZ I am sure that, given the size of the US market DJI will improve things.  Part of it is going to be the FAA (or the people who provide the data to DJI) listing NFZ. Given that in the US people like to sue I would suggest that it is companies being cautious.

As for not buying DJI but a drone system without NFZ you run the risk that the US Authorities will ban any UAV with out NFZ and it will get confiscated on site.

The NFZ's round me in the UK, not far from 2 airports and an airfield (and a city) are all OK and appropriate.  So I would suggest it is just the FAA and US NFZ map makers rather than DJI per say.

Modern Drones like the Mavics, in wide spread use, are a recent phenomenon and it is always going to take legislation and the authorities time to catch up. There will be some fettling in of the rules and things like NFZ.  It might be difficult for a year or so but it should come right in the end.
2018-11-28
Use props
liquidsteel
lvl.1
United States

ff22 Posted at 2018-11-25 21:47
Are all drone manufacturers doing the same thing and restricting huge or overlapping NFZ's?  Or is DJI trying to play good citizen manufacturer?

Once word spreads, there will be a dwindling or no market for any of the drones.  Or is the US FAA actually restricting most air space like this?

news flash they got our cash and now fu-k us
2021-9-4
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Try out this hack software and let me know if it work https://drone-hacks.com/ I to scared to try it LOL
2021-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules