Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi
2507 24 2018-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lordgarth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9642 ft
United States

Does using Litchi void your warranty?  Or void DJI Refresh?
2018-11-15
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

It does not unless the flight logs show the problem was caused by Litchi.
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As long as you could provide the flight records we can still offer a damage assessment to your drone so that our team could be able to determine if the incident will be covered by warranty or not. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Question and response brings up the question:

When DJI does damage assessment:
What is ratio of crashes attributed to DJI's GO-4 vs. Litchi?

Rephrased: What percent of crashes are attributed to DJI's GO-4 App and what percent of crashes are attributed to Litchi App?
2018-11-15
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-15 19:16

Probably 0. I don't think either App ever caused a crash on a drone.
2018-11-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

saviour Posted at 11-15 22:15
Probably 0. I don't think either App ever caused a crash on a drone.

Possibly.  Won't know, until DJI responds with numbers / stats.
2018-11-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the app causes the crash then the warranty is void.
2018-11-15
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

That is a secret more guarded than the amount that gets stolen here by corrupt officials in government.
Har de har har.
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi lordgarth, thanks for reaching us. The data analysis will be conducted based on flight records in the App and the flight data in the aircraft. There are two scenarios: Flyaway and crash.
1. If the drone flies away when using Litchi, we're sorry data analysis cannot be arranged as we do not support to analyze the flight records of the third-party App. DJI Care Refresh cannot be used as the aircraft cannot be retrieved.
2. If the drone crashed when using Litch and flight data in the aircraft has not been overwritten, the designated team will arrange data analysis once they receive the package. We'll offer you a proper solution according to the data analysis result. If it is a warranty case, DJI will repair or replace it for free. If it is pilot error, you may claim under DJI Care Refresh and pay the replacement fee.
Hope the above helps.
2018-11-16
Use props
mee0543
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-16 03:43
Hi lordgarth, thanks for reaching us. The data analysis will be conducted based on flight records in the App and the flight data in the aircraft. There are two scenarios: Flyaway and crash.
1. If the drone flies away when using Litchi, we're sorry data analysis cannot be arranged as we do not support to analyze the flight records of the third-party App. DJI Care Refresh cannot be used as the aircraft cannot be retrieved.
2. If the drone crashed when using Litch and flight data in the aircraft has not been overwritten, the designated team will arrange data analysis once they receive the package. We'll offer you a proper solution according to the data analysis result. If it is a warranty case, DJI will repair or replace it for free. If it is pilot error, you may claim under DJI Care Refresh and pay the replacement fee.

hi susan off topic but im getting the esc message on my p3 advanced. any way you could pm me the .30 version?
2018-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Probably 0. I don't think either App ever caused a crash on a drone.

Your right, I have never seen a crash caused by the app, or Litchi app, and Susan has given clarification of what the warranty covers.
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mee0543 Posted at 11-16 03:48
hi susan off topic but im getting the esc message on my p3 advanced. any way you could pm me the .30 version?

I‘ve sent you a message in PM, please kindly check later. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-11-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-15 22:21
Possibly.  Won't know, until DJI responds with numbers / stats.

I don't think they'll release stats on that mate
2018-11-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 11-16 04:13
I don't think they'll release stats on that mate

I actually doubt that such stats exist. Why would DJI bother to track that?.
Anyway, DJI Susan's response was very helpful and clear, given the number of times this has been asked before. This thread should be pinned IMHO.
2018-11-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 11-16 13:10
Anyway, DJI Susan's response was very helpful and clear, given the number of times this has been asked before. This thread should be pinned IMHO.

Hence why I stated I doubt they'll release stats on it...
2018-11-17
Use props
mee0543
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-16 03:43
Hi lordgarth, thanks for reaching us. The data analysis will be conducted based on flight records in the App and the flight data in the aircraft. There are two scenarios: Flyaway and crash.
2. If the drone crashed when using Litch and flight data in the aircraft has not been overwritten, the designated team will arrange data analysis once they receive the package. We'll offer you a proper solution according to the data analysis result. If it is a warranty case, DJI will repair or replace it for free. If it is pilot error, you may claim under DJI Care Refresh and pay the replacement fee.

hey susan tried dowloading the firmware you sent me and when i check firmware on my app it says v1.11.20+ is this the .30 version or am i doing something wrong.? also my txt file says success on top and bottom but everything in between says it aborted and the firmware is identical or older than version installed. not really sure what to do here?
2018-11-17
Use props
mee0543
lvl.1

United States

also i would like to know ballpark cost to fix the esc error on my p3 advanced if i were to send it in? if you can even do that?
2018-11-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 11-16 13:10

Why would DJI bother to track that?

In regards to DJI's GO-4; always good to know how your software is doing.  Is GO-4 major / minor source of problems (aka crash, lost drone, inducing user mistakes)?  Is reliability of GO-4 improving, stagnent, degrading.

In regards to Litchi, my understanding is Litchi uses DJI's SDK.  Similarily you want to know if your SDK is cause of issues or not, and is SDK better, no-change, worst.  With SDK being of importance for partnerships and increasing market share of DJI's drones.

2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mee0543 Posted at 11-17 12:05
hey susan tried dowloading the firmware you sent me and when i check firmware on my app it says v1.11.20+ is this the .30 version or am i doing something wrong.? also my txt file says success on top and bottom but everything in between says it aborted and the firmware is identical or older than version installed. not really sure what to do here?

Sorry for the late response. I'm afraid that your issue cannot be fixed by the firmware. In this kind of situation, please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/support
The repair cost can be confirmed after the designated team receive the package and do the damage assessment, you may refer to the price list here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2018-11-19
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

FYI - Litchi is on sale right now at the Google Play Store for $15.99

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aryuthere.visionplus

2018-11-22
Use props
lordgarth
lvl.3
United States

Tried Litchi for the first time Saturday.  Did not see a big difference other than modes like waypoint.  I did notice that I could not dive into the battery.  It showed percentage of power left but no details on the battery.  I guess you don't really NEED to have that info and can always switch to DJI Go for that info.  Did I miss something on Litchi though?  I did find it easier to switch between 2.4 GHZ and 5.8.
2018-11-25
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi is primarily used as a waypoint app.  For that it’s fantastic because you can set up missions at home on your desktop.  It also has quite a few options on panorama pictures that don’t appear in go 4.  It can be quite a cinematic tool when setting up detailed waypoint missions...
2018-11-25
Use props
lordgarth
lvl.3
United States

That's kinda what I figured after Saturday.  Thanks!!
2018-11-25
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Rephrased: What percent of crashes are attributed to DJI's GO-4 App and what percent of crashes are attributed to Litchi App?

Hi HedgeTrimmer. You could have added 'What percent of crashes are attributed to 'operator error'. Now that would be an interesting statistic to see
2018-11-25
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Probably 0. I don't think either App ever caused a crash on a drone.

I tend to agree though I had handling problems with the 0.400 firmware.
2018-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules