Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 crashed
1421 9 2018-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikex
lvl.3
Ukraine

Hello,yesterday during my night flight over the city I've crashed my Mavic 2. Everything was good during flight, except landing, during landing right above 1 meter Mavic started to drift in right and almost crashed into the road, I pushed left stick up to take a height, but unfortunately, drone continued drifting and crashed into the building...

After reviewing - all props are broken, gimbal has a little dent (but still working), one clamp in gimbal vibro board is broken and few minor damages in 2 arms. The battery also damaged, smashed but still works

Right now I'm living in Ukraine, and we don't have official DJI Service, also I don't have a care refresh due to the same thing.

I don't understand why it happens and want to hear a response from DJI regarding this situating.

this is my flight log:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/GRE6CLMRB38WBA6IW0VA/

2018-11-15
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Mikex,

Sorry to read about your crash.

Had a look at your flight, hard to tell what did cause the drifiing.

Mayby it has something to do with;
Number of sats dropped momentarily from 15 to 9 while landing. With a low number its hard to hold a GPS lock position. Sat count went up and down again, cannot tell how quickly the sofware reacts on higher number.

Low light flying, so normally at low height with good reference vision takes over, not now. see msg "Ambient Light too Weak. Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable..please ensure safety during the flight"

At the end the roll right angles went up to 20 - 25 degrees right, no left input form you to correct. (happens so quick that difficult to react in the right way)

I see a message in your file wich i have never seen in any other file; "Waterbody detected. Min flight altitude adjusted to 1 m." Dry weather or was the landings spot wet?

Hope DJI can tell you more.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2018-11-16
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Ukraine

Dry weather or was the landings spot wet?
Weather was normal and spot was clear, I've a flight before crash (approx 15 min before) and everything was fine with previous flight.

At the end the roll right angles went up to 20 - 25 degrees right, no left input form you to correct. (happens so quick that difficult to react in the right way)

Yeah, it happened in about 3-4 seconds to crash. I've trying to take a height and not to crash in the road with a car when drone started drifting.
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Mike, we do feel sad about what happened during that specific flight. We do suggest to send an email to support@dji.com or you may contact your nearest DJI Repair Service Center . We wish to help you as soon as possible. Let us establish what caused the aircraft to drift and crashed into the building as you mentioned. Thank you.

2018-11-16
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

When i am
Landing in low light and for example just next to my house , indeed satelites dropp, but still enough to get good gps signal. But when i am near , like 1 meter above ground it starts to drift . This is due to low light and monotone surfice( as the sensors at the bottom can not detect ground that wel in the dark) that is why you get waterbody detected message. It also happens when you glu low above grass or snow. There one has to be carefull when landing in low light and preferable look for more open spaces
2018-11-16
Use props
Mikex
lvl.3
Ukraine

DJI Gamora - could you tell me is it covered by warranty?
because for me it's a little bit weird, why I should pay for Mavic bugs to repair my Mavic

2018-11-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read about that mate
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mikex Posted at 11-16 02:40
DJI Gamora - could you tell me is it covered by warranty?
because for me it's a little bit weird, why I should pay for Mavic bugs to repair my Mavic

Hi Mike, thank you for your fast response. This will be determined by our data analyst  if its a product malfunction or a pilot error. Kindly send an email to support@dji.com for assistance. Thank you.
2018-11-16
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

Removing RTH landing precision + lack of ultrasonic sensors that help landing / verifying the height of the ground - help to smooth and precise landing.
There were no such incidents on Mavic Pro (probably due to the existence of ultrasonic sensors). I think DJI engineers can explain. PS. ultrasonic sensors are not influenced by poor light / lack of GPS signal to get a smooth landing!
2018-11-16
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronybaloney Posted at 11-16 01:06
When i am
Landing in low light and for example just next to my house , indeed satelites dropp, but still enough to get good gps signal. But when i am near , like 1 meter above ground it starts to drift . This is due to low light and monotone surfice( as the sensors at the bottom can not detect ground that wel in the dark) that is why you get waterbody detected message. It also happens when you glu low above grass or snow. There one has to be carefull when landing in low light and preferable look for more open spaces

Hi,

Make sense about low light and monotome surface. Mayby DJI can alter the message into something more general like: "Bad reference of ground level, Min flight altitude adjusted to 1 m" instead of
"Waterbody detected. Min flight altitude adjusted to 1 m"

cheers
JJB
2018-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules