Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 Release Note (11/16/2018)
12Next >
7387 60 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2018.11.16
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0300
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0050
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS v4.3.0 or above, Android v4.3.0 or above

What's New?
  • Fixed a rare issue where compass interference altered the orientation of the aircraft.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the aircraft accidentally switched IMU and an incorrect landing gear status prompt appeared.
  • Fixed an issue where the gimbal pitch did not automatically return to center, leading to the gimbal touching the ground during landing.
  • Fixed an issue where the “Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode” in the DJI GO 4 app did not work.
  • Fixed a rare issue when using the Zenmuse X5S where the gimbal exceeded the gimbal pan limit and drifted slightly.
  • Fixed an issue when using the Zenmuse X7 without an Inspire 2 License Key (CinemaDNG, Apple ProRes) where video files stored on an SD card had color fringes.
  • Fixed an issue when using Quick Spin where the aircraft did not rotate a complete 360 degrees.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the aircraft could not be powered on while the power level of the Intelligent Flight Battery in the right battery slot was full.

Notes:
  • When using the Inspire 2 with the Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7, it is recommended to update both at the same time.
  • Ensure both the Master and Slave remote controllers are updated to the latest firmware to avoid control errors or camera and gimbal abnormalities.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, DJI GO 4 app, and then retry.

2018-11-16
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

How about X5S ProRes Raw that have been promised? Still not here?

Does this firmare include a firmware fix for the batteries that you have issued a warning about?
2018-11-16
Use props
neilw_uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4814482 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TB50/55 battery update ???

Also where is the multiple salve remotes option as advertised?
2018-11-16
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, this is really important what is wrong with the battery. Also in Germany in the federal states of Berlin and Brandenburg it was therefore stated that the models "Matrice 200" and "Inspire 2" do not allow any exceptions from the operating prohibitions of § 21b paragraph 1 LuftVO. So unfortunately one cannot do any more job with the models "Matrice 200" and "Inspire 2", until this was clarified by DJI. I think that further federal states in Germany with the operating prohibitions will follow. So DJI solved the battery problem with the version Firmware: v01.02.0300?
2018-11-16
Use props
Arthur Dent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38911 ft
United Kingdom

Email from DJI about batteries.

DJI Issues Firmware Updates For TB50 And TB55 Batteries
Updates Address Small Number Of Batteries Reporting Incorrect Power Levels

November 16, 2018 – New firmware updates are now available for users of TB50 and TB55 batteries to enhance the battery management system and optimize power supply during flight. DJI implemented this measure following reports that a small number of TB50 and TB55 batteries have shown incorrect power levels that have led to loss of power mid-flight.

This firmware update addresses a rare issue involving the battery state of charge (SOC) calculation algorithm, and adds the following measures in the flight controller to help bolster flight safety and product reliability which are DJI’s top priorities:

1. Battery temperature detection before take-off
The battery temperature will have to be 15C or higher before the aircraft can take off. This is because a battery with low temperature has a larger internal resistance, which causes lower voltage than in normal conditions. A battery with low voltage will have a low SOC (state of charge) value.

2. SOC (state of charge) detection before take-off
The voltage of the battery will be used to verify the SOC value by the DJI algorithm in the new firmware. This SOC value will be compared to the one calculated by the battery SOC calculation algorithm to determine if there is a false high SOC reading. If there is a false high SOC reading, then the aircraft will not be able to take off.

3. Return-to-Home (RTH) or Landing in advance
When the DJI algorithm detects a difference in SOC levels between the algorithm and the actual level that is greater than 5%, RTH (return-to-home) will be activated at a detected battery level of 30% and automatic landing activated at 10% (based on the DJI algorithm). If the difference is less than 5% then no action will be activated.

DJI conducted extensive tests to verify these new measures. All DJI users are strongly urged to immediately update their firmware to include the latest safety feature improvements, whether through the flight control app or the DJI Assistant 2 program. Please allow extra time before your next flight to perform this update. The DJI Pilot app will prompt users to update, and the DJI GO 4 app will not allow flight until the update is performed.

If you believe you may have experienced a related power problem involving the TB50 or TB55 battery, please contact DJI customer service at https://www.dji.com/support to report the issue.
2018-11-16
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

I think what is being asked is does .300 have the fix include for the battery issue or is it another upgrade procedure to insure it does.  

Can anyone verify the target battery firmware level that address this issue?

When I was in the .300 beta program there was no mention of this battery condition being addressed.  That battery version was .71 if that helps.

2018-11-16
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Dear DJI people,
Regarding the TB50 warnings and potential problems which we all would like to mitigate, there are VERY SIGNIFICANT features missing in GO App for iOS 4.3.4, that ware present for many years in GO App v3.
1.  DSIPLAY COLOR WARNING ON WEAKEST CELL VOLTAGE IN MAIN APP SCREEN ALL THE TIME, AS IT USED TO BE IN GO APP V3
2. GIVE US OPTION TO SET C1/C2 BUTTONS ON REGULAR REMOTE TO DISPLAY BATTERY STATUS SCREEN ANYTIME.
I am aware of new TB50 firmware announcement, still it does not adress any of the problems that should be mitigated by this feature request.
In order not to hijack this thread with comments on this tooic  I started new one regarding this importan features.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-172466-1-1.html
2018-11-16
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879843 ft
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 11-16 06:53
I think what is being asked is does .300 have the fix include for the battery issue or is it another upgrade procedure to insure it does.  

They sad

No transparency with this outfit
Just more confusion
2018-11-16
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 11-16 06:53

They sad

No transparency with this outfit
Just more confusion
2018-11-16
Use props
D.Raphael
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Is the .300 F.W. For the beta team is the same F.W. That published now by DJI?
2018-11-16
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
United States

D.Raphael Posted at 11-16 08:06

Got to be however I am seeing improvements with the Go 4 app update

No drifts so far burned off 20% and she still solid
Tomorrow, who knows work today and buggy again tomorrow
2018-11-16
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
United States

D.Raphael Posted at 11-16 08:06

Got to be however I am seeing improvements with the Go 4 app update

No drifts so far burned off 20% and she still solid
Tomorrow, who knows work today and buggy again tomorrow
2018-11-16
Use props
Helicam
lvl.3
Sweden

As usuall the DJI Assistant update doesnt work! Like it have been the last year on the Inspire 2 for me! I get network error!!  Im so tired of this!! It gets to 42% then I get error. Have tried like 10 times now!
2018-11-16
Use props
RAFEMU
lvl.1

France

Helicam Posted at 11-16 14:49
As usuall the DJI Assistant update doesnt work! Like it have been the last year on the Inspire 2 for me! I get network error!!  Im so tired of this!! It gets to 42% then I get error. Have tried like 10 times now!

The same for me, Assistance 2 does not work.
2018-11-16
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

The firmware will be updated in the batteries at the same time as the aircraft. Just ensure you update each set of batteries in turn.  Shortest method is put the set (that needs updating) in the aircraft and power on, let the app sit at the go fly screen until the inconsistent firmware notice comes, then slide to update. Alternative is to refresh th eaircraft firmware in DJi assistant with each set of batteries in turn. (much longer process)  

I have now updated all firmware and will be testing extensively later today, thus far, I note that gimbal drift appears to be gone while sat on Terra firma. Fingers crossed it is the same in the air with solids hover stability, connectivity and most importantly, there are now software parameters to ensure safety fail-safes in the event of battery issues. Will report back.
2018-11-16
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

IntrepidDrone Posted at 11-16 20:48
The firmware will be updated in the batteries at the same time as the aircraft. Just ensure you update each set of batteries in turn.  Shortest method is put the set (that needs updating) in the aircraft and power on, let the app sit at the go fly screen until the inconsistent firmware notice comes, then slide to update. Alternative is to refresh th eaircraft firmware in DJi assistant with each set of batteries in turn. (much longer process)  

I have now updated all firmware and will be testing extensively later today, thus far, I note that gimbal drift appears to be gone while sat on Terra firma. Fingers crossed it is the same in the air with solids hover stability, connectivity and most importantly, there are now software parameters to ensure safety fail-safes in the event of battery issues. Will report back.

Hey mate can you please let me know what FW version the batteries are now
2018-11-16
Use props
mactormod0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ok i give up.............,where have you hid the latest upgrade? it is not in assistant 2 because on you site the last assistant is v1.1.2.4 on 2018-05-16 yet the release note are 2018-11-16?
anybody.............
2018-11-17
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

mactormod0 Posted at 11-17 01:44
ok i give up.............,where have you hid the latest upgrade? it is not in assistant 2 because on you site the last assistant is v1.1.2.4 on 2018-05-16 yet the release note are 2018-11-16?
anybody.............

You need to open assistant 2 with the inspire 2 plugged into the computer. As long as you have an internet connection the new firmware will appear there. You don’t need to constantly upgrade assistant to get the new Firmware
2018-11-17
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

jdmagoo Posted at 11-16 23:46
Hey mate can you please let me know what FW version the batteries are now

I have read a few reports that if you have been using the battery station and upgraded to battery firmware .71 when you upgrade with DJI Assistant to the public version of aircraft firmware .300 you MIGHT not be getting the latest version of the corrected battery firmware?

Any one have additional thoughts around this and any more answers then the speculation that is floating around?
2018-11-17
Use props
Papaxiclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5455981 ft
Portugal

Flown 3 batteries today with the .300 firmware as well as the updated CS app al factory reset and refreshed firmware and I simply was unable t unlock the nfz wile using the CS.
Tried 2 different wifi networks to rule out a poor connection, tried with a second CS to rule out device specific problems and nothing...
The only way to unlock the drone was to connect via an android phone and after that plug in the CS and that way I manage to take off.
Wen rebooting the drone after changing batteries same message appeared "Unlock Failed" and again I ad to connect the phone to unlock the drone and everything worked ok from there on!
Anyone else having troubles unlocking the NFZ in CrystalSky monitors?
Thanks
https://youtu.be/dl12GU5ftNI
2018-11-17
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

Many tests today with .300 public version, really its better than .200 and .100, stability its ok, horizontal plane remains ok, its working smooth. The only thing Im noticing its a little bit of lag between master and slave video feed, that didnt happen a year ago on those firms, beside of that, its one of the best firmwares Ive tried, Signal, GPS, Response, Perfect...
2018-11-18
Use props
Pidge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82844 ft
Belgium

Can someone confirm CineDNG RAW is working with a CineSSD 240 Gb please?  Thank You.
2018-11-19
Use props
Papaxiclas
lvl.3
Portugal

And by the way, the problem with the batteries reporting incorrect values still persists in .300 firmware
2018-11-19
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

FW update wouldn't work with Assistant 2 [V1.2.4] on a recent iMac nor with a Samsung Galaxy S7.
It worked fine with an iPad Mini 4 though.
2018-11-19
Use props
mactormod0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi
with this update, does this mean that dji are saying that it is now safe to fly the inspire 2 again?
are you (dji) assuring us that you have done everything to fix the long list of faults we are all having
with the inspire 2
thank you
2018-11-19
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Canada

Pidge Posted at 11-19 02:12
Can someone confirm CineDNG RAW is working with a CineSSD 240 Gb please?  Thank You.

Hello Pidge,

I have used an X5S camera to shoot CinemaDNG footage with both 240/480Gb SSDs and it all works fine.
2018-11-19
Use props
Pidge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82844 ft
Belgium

Tibopix Posted at 11-19 12:16
Hello Pidge,

I have used an X5S camera to shoot CinemaDNG footage with both 240/480Gb SSDs and it all works fine.

Hi, thank you very much for your reply. Now I'm sure it works, I go buy the SSD.

2018-11-19
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for you letting us know that at least the engineers are working on ProRes RAW for the X5, and that it will happen. It have been a long wait (more or less a season lost), with the issues of the Inspires 2's firmware and battery bugs, not to even mention ProRes RAW.

Hope the engineers will speed things up, and that the Q&A team will get better, so we will start to see quality releases within reasonable time.

Have a nice day!
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

neilw_uk Posted at 11-16 03:09
TB50/55 battery update ???

Also where is the multiple salve remotes option as advertised?

Hi neilw_uk, the battery issue has been fixed, the multi-slave RC feature should be released some time ago, but it was delayed for unknown reason, please note the future update, thank you.
2018-11-20
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-20 01:50
Yes, I have verified with the team that they are working on it, hope it will be available soon, thanks for your attention and patience, have a nice day.

Excellent! Looking very much forward to ProRes RAW in my workflow. If I could wish something for Christmas, it would also be B-RAW - BlackMagic Designs RAW compression format that I think is OpenSource. It is well documented and DJI won't have to pay license fees for using it as far as I know.
2018-11-20
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Rob W Posted at 11-20 02:17
Excellent!  Looking very much forward to ProRes RAW in my workflow. If I could wish something for Christmas, it would also be B-RAW - BlackMagic Designs RAW compression format that I think is OpenSource. It is well documented and DJI won't have to pay license fees for using it as far as I know.

I second that request!
2018-11-20
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Canada

ProRes RAW on X5S would be awesome, especially if it's available this year :-D
2018-11-20
Use props
Papaxiclas
lvl.3
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 20:16
Rob, sorry that X5S still doesn't support ProRes RAW, our engineers are working on it, we do not have the estimated date yet, please note the future update.
New firmware is released to enhance the battery management system and optimize power supply of TB50 and TB55 batteries during flight.Please check more details here: https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -and-tb55-batteries

Sorry Mindy but that is not correct!
The battery issue still remains and is being reported by a few users.
From 5 sets of batteries within 2 cycles I already got one with the communication issues and your support team contradicts what you are telling in here saying that they are still working on a fix for this issue!
Again DJI "professional" line clients are been lied upon. That is not correct to do!
2018-11-20
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Canada

Pidge Posted at 11-19 12:43
Hi, thank you very much for your reply. Now I'm sure it works, I go buy the SSD.

Glad I can help!
Just keep in mind that on a 240Gb CineSSD, you can record only ~8 minutes of CinemaDNG footage (pretty heavy files too).
2018-11-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 20:16
Rob, sorry that X5S still doesn't support ProRes RAW, our engineers are working on it, we do not have the estimated date yet, please note the future update.
New firmware is released to enhance the battery management system and optimize power supply of TB50 and TB55 batteries during flight.Please check more details here: https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -and-tb55-batteries

Mindy:

I updated my Inspire 2 with the new .300 FW which has updates for the batteries. As you know the Go 4 App does not tell you the battery FW version. However the DJI battery station does tell you all the information about the battery. After updating everything the batteries are on FW v1.0.0.71.  This is the same version as inspire 2 FW .200
I also checked for the new Assistant 2 for DJI Battery Station software and there are no updates and the battery version is the same v1.0.0.71

I am confused now, about the new battery firmware that is needed to correct the battery voltage?

Could you please comment on this subject?

Rich
2018-11-20
Use props
Papaxiclas
lvl.3
Portugal

Papaxiclas Posted at 11-20 06:38
Sorry Mindy but that is not correct!
The battery issue still remains and is being reported by a few users.
From 5 sets of batteries within 2 cycles I already got one with the communication issues and your support team contradicts what you are telling in here saying that they are still working on a fix for this issue!

Did a few more flight tests today and another pair of batteries gave error...

So is it just my bad luck?
I will try to revert to .0100 and forget ProRess Raw
2018-11-20
Use props
roryhinds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 597598 ft
Canada

Testing today on this firmware and ActiveTrack doesn't function. Won't allow me to trace the object that it needs to follow, just doesn't bring up the trace box.

Also getting the "Landing Gear Function Restored" dialog constantly while in flight.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 11-20 10:13
Mindy:

I updated my Inspire 2 with the new .300 FW which has updates for the batteries. As you know the Go 4 App does not tell you the battery FW version. However the DJI battery station does tell you all the information about the battery. After updating everything the batteries are on FW v1.0.0.71.  This is the same version as inspire 2 FW .200

Hi Rich, the battery version of the previous firmware should be V1.0.0.67, this firmware does have enhanced the battery management system of TB50 and TB55 batteries and optimize power supply during flight. Please check the announcement here:
https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -and-tb55-batteries
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tibopix Posted at 11-20 06:29
ProRes RAW on X5S would be awesome, especially if it's available this year :-D

Hi Tibopix, let's expect the future update.
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Papaxiclas Posted at 11-20 11:19
Did a few more flight tests today and another pair of batteries gave error...
https://youtu.be/x47XLf6U6L0
So is it just my bad luck?

Hi Papaxiclas, may I verify if the issue happens to a specific battery or all batteries? May I have a screenshot of your firmware version in the APP and please export the flight logs via DJI Assistant 2? Then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here for further analysis thank you.
2018-11-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules