Inspire 2 Release Note (11/16/2018)
7396 60 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Pidge Posted at 11-19 02:12
Can someone confirm CineDNG RAW is working with a CineSSD 240 Gb please?  Thank You.

yes ... only 120gb card is not working with raw
2018-11-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-21 03:06
Hi Rich, the battery version of the previous firmware should be V1.0.0.67, this firmware does have enhanced the battery management system of TB50 and TB55 batteries and optimize power supply during flight. Please check the announcement here:
https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -and-tb55-batteries

Hi Mindy,

As always...… Thank you so much! This really makes the battery FW information very clear. This explains why my DJI Battery Station is only showing FW v 10.0.71 (because this is the latest)

The last note helps clear up the inconsistency issues between the M200 and the Inspire 2 TB50's and that it will be corrected in December 2018

One suggestion: DJI should put the battery Firmware version 10.0.71 in the overview information. This would clear up what firmware is expected after completing the update.

All the best
Rich
2018-11-21
Use props
roryhinds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 597598 ft
Canada

if you downgrade the FW on the Inspire 2 as the latest is buggy does that mean you have to downgrade the FW of the batteries too?

Can DJI sort this mess out please!
2018-11-21
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-21 08:44
Hi Mindy,

As always...… Thank you so much! This really makes the battery FW information very clear. This explains why my DJI Battery Station is only showing FW v 10.0.71 (because this is the latest)
I have massive concerns with DJI saying that battery firmware .71 fixes the latest issues report.  .71 firmware has been out for a month even before reports of the battery failing issues.   The battery station was pushing that firmware from the first update available for it

Beta .300 included .71 firmware also and it’s change log made no mention at all about this correction at the time it was released to the public.  

Bottom line the firmware management and release notes are highly suspect.   Scary even.  

I have no comfort that .71 released with .300 firmware works because everything they said it would do when the battery was cold didn’t happen when I flew out in the Rocky Mountains with a cold at start battery at 5 Celsius

If they tweaked .300 firmware for the public release and kept the .71 battery firmware that’s horrible version management and starts to explain why things that work get broken.

I have serious concerns that .71 firmware is improved over what was in beta
2018-11-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 11-21 10:14
I have massive concerns with DJI saying that battery firmware .71 fixes the latest issues report.  .71 firmware has been out for a month even before reports of the battery failing issues.   The battery station was pushing that firmware from the first update available for it

Beta .300 included .71 firmware also and it’s change log made no mention at all about this correction at the time it was released to the public.  

FOF
I understand your concerns reread the link from Mindy again. It does not say they made the changes to the TB50 on the Inspire 2  they made the changes to the M200 and TB55 batteries. Matthew tells me that his M200 FW update is 1.0.0.77.

I do not have the same cold weather that you have up in Canada. Make sure you preheat the batteries before flying. Press and hold the battery buttons until the LEDs switch back. We will see what they do in December's FW release.  

When I rolled back from FW ,200 the battery rolled back to .67 from .71

All I can say is the FW .300 has been very solid and hover is super stable. I noticed the top speed has been reduced on my Inspire 2 to about 54mph.... kind of mad about that. Normal GPS mode is 32mph which is the same as my Mavic 2 Pro.... pretty sad the top DJI drone speed has been reduced. I don't care if you fly in Sport mode / Atti mode or with VS turned off.... 54mph is maximum speed!!

Rich
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 11-21 08:44
Hi Mindy,

As always...… Thank you so much! This really makes the battery FW information very clear. This explains why my DJI Battery Station is only showing FW v 10.0.71 (because this is the latest)

Thanks for your suggestion Rich, we will forward to our engineers to add more info in the APP.
2018-11-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-22 20:00
Thanks for your suggestion Rich, we will forward to our engineers to add more info in the APP.

Thank you Mindy!

Could you please read post 47 regarding my Inspire 2 top speed has been reduced with one of the engineers.  The Inspire 2 max speed is one of the features covering fast moving objects. Is this something that can be fixed by FW?  

Thanks again
Rich
2018-11-23
Use props
helivantaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25425932 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

I updated 3 inspire 2, 3 radio controls, and 2 crystal sky to this versions.

Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0300
Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0050
DJI GO 4 app: iOS v4.3.0 or above, Android v4.3.0 or above

The result: everything went wrong. I tried with the 3 inspire with is own radio control and with diferente Crystalsky and all have the same problem.

1.- The camera was not centered
2.- My two Crystalsky crashed in middle flight.
3.- Not lens detected.
4.- Aircraft disconnected (at five meters flight).
5.- The flight rout map didn't show a line.
6.- When hovering suddenly the aircraft jus started to go up without touching any sticks, and very difficult to bright it down. I almos crashed two times with threes.
7.- When I was flying there was a message that said compass need calibration.
8.- The functions on the cendense control sometimes work and sometimes not. I couldn't´get recenter the yaw camera with the touch of a bottom even it was programed.

And all this happen just in one day test with my 3 Inspire 2.

We paid a lot of money to DJI to get professional equipments and they never have an answer. It seems that make wrong firmware just to make us crash and have to buy a new drone.

Every firmware update is a big problem.

2018-11-25
Use props
helivantaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25425932 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-20 01:50
Yes, I have verified with the team that they are working on it, hope it will be available soon, thanks for your attention and patience, have a nice day.

Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0050
DJI GO 4 app: iOS v4.3.0 or above, Android v4.3.0 or above

The result: everything went wrong. I tried with the 3 inspire with is own radio control and with diferente Crystalsky and all have the same problem.

1.- The camera was not centered
2.- My two Crystalsky crashed in middle flight.
3.- Not lens detected.
4.- Aircraft disconnected (at five meters flight).
5.- The flight rout map didn't show a line.
6.- When hovering suddenly the aircraft jus started to go up without touching any sticks, and very difficult to bright it down. I almos crashed two times with threes.
7.- When I was flying there was a message that said compass need calibration.
8.- The functions on the cendense control sometimes work and sometimes not. I couldn't´get recenter the yaw camera with the touch of a bottom even it was programed.

And all this happen just in one day test with my 3 Inspire 2.

We paid a lot of money to DJI to get professional equipments and they never have an answer. It seems that make wrong firmware just to make us crash and have to buy a new drone.

Every firmware update is a big problem.
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 11-23 21:45
Thank you Mindy!

Could you please read post 48 regarding my Inspire 2 top speed has been reduced with one of the engineers.  The Inspire 2 max speed is one of the features covering fast moving objects. Is this something that can be fixed by FW?  

Rich, may I have the previous top speed the drone can reach?
2018-11-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-28 00:22
Rich, may I have the previous top speed the drone can reach?

Hi Mindy,
I have 61mph top speed shown in my flight records.  I looked at some of my other flights in sport mode showing about 44mph.

Matthew D was sending me some information regarding his Inspire 2  and he has updated to FW .300 and his speed test gps mode was 52.5km/hr -5*C no wind  94km/hr in Atti mode which are clearly faster than my results.

Rich
Thank you
Rich
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 11-28 10:03
Hi Mindy,
I have 61mph top speed shown in my flight records.  I looked at some of my other flights in sport mode showing about 44mph.

Rich, I have verified with our engineers that we didn't change anything of the maximum speed, it is related to the wind, the temperature, altitude, the gimbal it attached, personal operation and so on. It is recommended to do more tests in different environment to see if it persists.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

helivantaerial Posted at 11-25 18:39

Hi helivantaerial, I'm sorry for the troubles after the firmware upgrade, but according to other users' feedback, this firmware is pretty stable and optimized a lot issues.
May I verify if you tested these three Inspire 2 with the same gimbal? Did all these issues persist in the previous firmware? Did you try to calibrate all IMU, compass and gimbal? We have also released the new firmware of Cendence, did you update to the latest version?
2018-11-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-30 00:33
Rich, I have verified with our engineers that we didn't change anything of the maximum speed, it is related to the wind, the temperature, altitude, the gimbal it attached, personal operation and so on. It is recommended to do more tests in different environment to see if it persists.

Mindy
Thank you for checking with the engineers. I will do some other tests as you have recommended when the weather improves.
Thank you for your continued support on the forum, your work is appreciated  

Rich
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 11-30 08:07
Mindy
Thank you for checking with the engineers. I will do some other tests as you have recommended when the weather improves.
Thank you for your continued support on the forum, your work is appreciated  

You are very welcome, Rich, please keep me updated any time if you have any concern.
2018-12-3
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-20 01:50
Yes, I have verified with the team that they are working on it, hope it will be available soon, thanks for your attention and patience, have a nice day.

Hi Mindy,

Any status update for a new firmware update for the Inspire 2 and X5S ProRes RAW?
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 1-5 22:13
Hi Mindy,

Any status update for a new firmware update for the Inspire 2 and X5S ProRes RAW?

Hi Rob, sorry that we do not have the estimated release date yet, I will push our engineers.
2019-1-7
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-7 04:25
Hi Rob, sorry that we do not have the estimated release date yet, I will push our engineers.

Thank you, Mindy. It was in April last year ProRes RAW for DJI was announced, so I hope it will be released really soon now.
2019-1-7
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-7 04:25

Hi Mindy,

What is the news from the engineers?
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 1-22 03:59
Hi Mindy,

What is the news from the engineers?

It is on the development plan but we still don't have the estimated release date, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-22
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-22 22:46
It is on the development plan but we still don't have the estimated release date, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Good it's in the plan. It was announced soon a year ago, so I hope it is finished really, really soon. Development should be notched up at DJI, things are taking too long for bug fixing, promised features etc.
2019-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules