DJI Pro Tech 7: Why can’t I balance my roll axis?
1566 3 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The roll axis being a non-orthogonal design may confuse some users when balancing. Besides the geometry, there are small tolerance differences when you tighten the knob. This in turn with the tiny amount of flex that’s induced with heavier cameras may not allow the roll axis to hold at any angle.

Here we can see a lighter camera (GH4 with small lens) balanced and holding at various angles.

2018-11-16
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Here the heavier setup won’t hold at 45 degrees however it’s not falling in either direction when centered.

This is considered balanced as all other axes are balanced. You can try it on your setup to see how little force it takes to push down on one side of the roll arm. When balanced like this, you can see the power in the app going to the motors aren’t high either. In conclusion, a heavier setup doesn’t necessarily need to be balanced and stay at 45 degrees to be considered balanced.
2018-11-16
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI PAUL,

For the heavier setup video, Was the balance test showing “excellent” for all axes?
2019-3-17
Use props
GiuFed 68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7110 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-11-16 01:24
Here the heavier setup won’t hold at 45 degrees however it’s not falling in either direction when centered. https://youtu.be/UKSkakqsu2Y

Hello, I need your help!  Currently I cannot calibrate the Ronin S roll axis with Lumix S1 and 24 105. If I tilt the Ronin to the right or left it always returns to the center.  In addition, steps are very noticeable even though I walk with my knees and arms bent.  No problem on tilt and pan.  Thanks for the attention.
2019-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules