DJI Pro Tech 8: Adjusting Offset Calibration (calibrating center)
3792 6 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

BIG DISCLAIMER! Do not do this unless you’re confident with your set up and you’re sure you’ve auto tuned. Otherwise you may end up with a gimbal that is off center in all axes. Only do this if your gimbal doesn’t seem centered. Otherwise you don’t need to do this!

Before doing any of this, you need to make sure you've updated to the latest app and latest firmware on the Ronin-S.

If your gimbal does not seem to be centered on the Pan, Tilt, or Roll axis, performing an offset calibration can fix this. What you’re doing is essentially telling the gimbal where the exact center is. This means if you set it incorrectly, your gimbal will be off center. You can always go back and redo this if necessary. We didn’t make this an open option because we didn’t want users that didn’t know what they were doing to perform this by clicking in and not reading through the instructions.

Before doing this, make sure your gimbal is balanced properly and auto tune has been performed. Next, double tap the trigger to recenter the gimbal. Now using your joystick, position the gimbal until everything is centered as you’d like it. This means for the Pan, Tilt, and Roll axis.

*Secret setting*
Now, in the App under Configuration > Motor Parameters, tap on More to expand and look for Joint Angle. Put your finger on the word Joint Angle and hold for 5 seconds. A window will pop up explaining what’s been explained in this post.

secret.jpg
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

After doing this, power off and on your gimbal. Your center positions on all the axes should now be what you’ve set in the previous step.
offset.jpg
2018-11-16
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

Wow~good stuff!!!

Thank you, Paul
2018-11-16
Use props
djiuser_Axvmr44Z8C6A
New

Italy

I activated this feature by mistake (I am Italian and unfortunately my English is not perfect), now my gimbal is not centered. Is there a way to reset and return to the factory setting?
2019-10-17
Use props
djiuser_Axvmr44Z8C6A
New

Italy

Or do I have to try to find the exact center manually and by eye on all the axes? It seems impossible to me
2019-10-17
Use props
JonnoS
lvl.1
Australia

@DJI-Paul
As the guy above said, my centre is messed up i accidently did the calibration for the pan axis, how can i fix this? Is there a factory reset so that the gimbal can be perfect centred again?

Any help would be amazing please!
2022-3-23
Use props
djiuser_gGUIbmt3YdmV
New
Japan

It doesn't work on rs3 pro . Can anyone help me about it ?
2022-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules