Can't start propellers manually (CSC) when in custom RC stick mode
1064 8 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SoulGlider
lvl.2
Germany

Hey,
I just got my Mavic 2 Pro and started playing around with it. From flying RC planes I'm used to have the left (up / down) stick working the other way round. So down means up, and up means down. After I configured the custom stick mode in the app so that it suits me, I can't start the propellers manually (CSC) anymore. When I go back to mode 2, everything is fine.
Is that a known problem or limitation? Is this gonna be fixed?

Thanks

Dennis
2018-11-16
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

It depends on your settings. CSC will not work well in custom mode, this is normal.
2018-11-16
Use props
SoulGlider
lvl.2
Germany

That can't be the desired behaviour. I haven't tested it yet, but that would imply that the emergency stop (CSC) would not work as well, when you're using custom stick mode! And that can't be the concept of DJI.
2018-11-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SoulGlider Posted at 11-16 06:09
That can't be the desired behaviour. I haven't tested it yet, but that would imply that the emergency stop (CSC) would not work as well, when you're using custom stick mode! And that can't be the concept of DJI.

What happens if you put left stick up/right, and right stick down/left to emulate the same command you would be sending under mode 2 ?

RC calibration might also make a difference.
2018-11-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

SoulGlider Posted at 11-16 06:09

CSC with 2 sticks is retarded anyway. It should be 1 stick and a button so that it is DELIBERATE.
2018-11-16
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I have to ask, what does CSC stand for or is it not an acronym?
2018-11-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Combination Stick Command
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you manage to re-calibrate the RC? I will forward your query to our engineers for further clarification. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-18
Use props
SoulGlider
lvl.2
Germany

Hey everybody,

I played around with it one more time. It's like @Aardvark suggested. The CSC command will react accordingly to your changes on the axes in the custom stick mode.
So, for me, left stick up left, right stick down right starts and stops the propellers.

Anyway, it would great to see this feature becomes independent from the stick you're choosing. Especially since in the app there's no choice to alter it. And there is no hint, that it does change with the different stick modes.

2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules