DJI Issues Firmware Updates For TB50 And TB55 Batteries
4040 38 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I received this email today but don't see anything on the forums yet. Is it possible to update only the batteries? I do not want to update the aircraft firmware until some of the bugs are addressed.

DJI Issues Firmware Updates For TB50 And TB55 Batteries
Updates Address Small Number Of Batteries Reporting Incorrect Power Levels

November 16, 2018 – New firmware updates are now available for users of TB50 and TB55 batteries to enhance the battery management system and optimize power supply during flight. DJI implemented this measure following reports that a small number of TB50 and TB55 batteries have shown incorrect power levels that have led to loss of power mid-flight.

This firmware update addresses a rare issue involving the battery state of charge (SOC) calculation algorithm, and adds the following measures in the flight controller to help bolster flight safety and product reliability which are DJI’s top priorities:

1. Battery temperature detection before take-off
The battery temperature will have to be 15C or higher before the aircraft can take off. This is because a battery with low temperature has a larger internal resistance, which causes lower voltage than in normal conditions. A battery with low voltage will have a low SOC (state of charge) value.

2. SOC (state of charge) detection before take-off
The voltage of the battery will be used to verify the SOC value by the DJI algorithm in the new firmware. This SOC value will be compared to the one calculated by the battery SOC calculation algorithm to determine if there is a false high SOC reading. If there is a false high SOC reading, then the aircraft will not be able to take off.

3. Return-to-Home (RTH) or Landing in advance
When the DJI algorithm detects a difference in SOC levels between the algorithm and the actual level that is greater than 5%, RTH (return-to-home) will be activated at a detected battery level of 30% and automatic landing activated at 10% (based on the DJI algorithm). If the difference is less than 5% then no action will be activated.

DJI conducted extensive tests to verify these new measures. All DJI users are strongly urged to immediately update their firmware to include the latest safety feature improvements, whether through the flight control app or the DJI Assistant 2 program. Please allow extra time before your next flight to perform this update. The DJI Pilot app will prompt users to update, and the DJI GO 4 app will not allow flight until the update is performed.

If you believe you may have experienced a related power problem involving the TB50 or TB55 battery, please contact DJI customer service at  https://www.dji.com/support to report the issue.

2018-11-16
Use props
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

I Updated the remote controller this AM, right after receiving this message. No issues.
2018-11-16
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

raven4 Posted at 11-16 06:05
I Updated the remote controller this AM, right after receiving this message. No issues.

This firmware update is for the batteries. I want to know if you can update the batteries - not the RC - without updating the aircraft firmware.
2018-11-16
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Same thing for me. I really don't want to update the AC and i'm very suspicious about hidden changes anywhere else not related in the release notes.

Strange thing they also say in the release notes: 1. Battery temperature detection before take-off   --> I was convinced that this feature was added since the release of the Inspire 2 to prevent to fly with cold batteries!! So what did they change again?

Would be great to have somebody from DJI giving some inside looks
2018-11-16
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879843 ft
United States

patou72 Posted at 11-16 06:58
Same thing for me. I really don't want to update the AC and i'm very suspicious about hidden changes anywhere else not related in the release notes.

Strange thing they also say in the release notes: 1. Battery temperature detection before take-off   --> I was convinced that this feature was added since the release of the Inspire 2 to prevent to fly with cold batteries!! So what did they change again?

RIGHT!

I could’ve sworn it was no way to take off with a cold pack

Dang-on comedians working for DJi
Somebody been lying for 2 years now
2018-11-16
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Dear DJI people,
Regarding the TB50 warnings and potential problems which we all would like to mitigate, there are VERY SIGNIFICANT features missing in GO App for iOS 4.3.4, that ware present for many years in GO App v3.
1.  DISPLAY COLOR WARNING ON WEAKEST CELL VOLTAGE IN MAIN APP SCREEN ALL THE TIME, AS IT USED TO BE IN GO APP V3
2. GIVE US OPTION TO SET C1/C2 BUTTONS ON REGULAR REMOTE TO DISPLAY BATTERY STATUS SCREEN ANYTIME.
I am aware of new TB50 firmware announcement, still it does not adress any of the problems that should be mitigated by this feature request.
In order not to hijack this thread with comments on this tooic  I started new one regarding this importan features.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-172466-1-1.html
2018-11-16
Use props
Snufflebunny
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2015741 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah im not interested in updating my aircraft....beta testing has never been my thing.  I would update my batteries if there is some sort of underlying issue.
2018-11-16
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Battery Firmware is updated as part of the A/C Firmware Update (V01.02.300).
Once the update is complete with one set of batteries installed its then necessary to restart the A/C and the Go4 App with each set of batteries - in order to update the firmware in each pair. Each time you restart the A/C (and Go4 App) with a new set of batteries installed you will see a message stating Inconsistant Formware Detected - and a slider to update. This initiates the frmware update in each pair of batteries. Repeat the process for each set..
Regards.
Allan
2018-11-16
Use props
Adrian.
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was unable to take off with Inspire 2 without first updating as directed via the Go4 app.
2018-11-16
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

allanart Posted at 11-16 10:02
The Battery Firmware is updated as part of the A/C Firmware Update (V01.02.300).
Once the update is complete with one set of batteries installed its then necessary to restart the A/C and the Go4 App with each set of batteries - in order to update the firmware in each pair. Each time you restart the A/C (and Go4 App) with a new set of batteries installed you will see a message stating Inconsistant Formware Detected - and a slider to update. This initiates the frmware update in each pair of batteries. Repeat the process for each set..
Regards.

So, does this mean that the .300 firmware is now out of beta? I must have missed that announcement. I thought that the .200 was the latest "production" release (X7 support) and that people that were having issues were being told to downgrade to the .100 release.
2018-11-16
Use props
Fly Gary
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3700285 ft
  • >>>
United States

allanart Posted at 11-16 10:02
Once the update is complete with one set of batteries installed its then necessary to restart the A/C and the Go4 App with each set of batteries - in order to update the firmware in each pair. Each time you restart the A/C (and Go4 App) with a new set of batteries installed you will see a message stating Inconsistant Formware Detected - and a slider to update. This initiates the frmware update in each pair of batteries. Repeat the process for each set..
Regards.

This does not work if the batteries had been previously updated with the charging station.
Battery FW version does not show up in GO App 4 or assistant.

Charging station firmware needs to be updated by DJI to include the latest battery firmware version.
2018-11-16
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 11-16 11:28
So, does this mean that the .300 firmware is now out of beta? I must have missed that announcement. I thought that the .200 was the latest "production" release (X7 support) and that people that were having issues were being told to downgrade to the .100 release.

Yes, V01.02.300 was released today.
2018-11-16
Use props
Drone AD services
lvl.4
Flight distance : 697441 ft
Germany

Ehmmm, ok, who's first to update? Feel's kind of to take that step. Actually my rig works or should i say "worked?" and with this forced update i don't feel  very comfortable. So many things change after each release of a firmware and sadly not always for good.

I just stay grounded for the moment and stop working!!!
2018-11-16
Use props
smoak888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 472493 ft
United States

I can’t even update. It gives me some error. This is done both from the dji go app and assistant software on pc.
2018-11-16
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

allanart Posted at 11-16 13:51
Yes, V01.02.300 was released today.

I did not see an announcement that it came out of beta. Have you applied the new firmware?
2018-11-16
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

Adrian. Posted at 11-16 11:02
I was unable to take off with Inspire 2 without first updating as directed via the Go4 app.

That will not make Cobra a happy camper. I don’t want to be forced to beta test their releases. Even if it’s officially out of beta, it may still be buggy beyond use.

I wonder if I can put my iPad in airplane mode and still take off with my current firmware. Anyone tried that?
2018-11-16
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I did this update. Windows 10 ver. 1703 didn't work for the update to the Inspire 2 with Assistant 2 although the download completed at 100%.  I tried again with Windows Defender Firewall turned off and same thing, it refused to update even though it downloads.  Might be a Windows 10 ver. 1703 issue. I had to reinstall Windows 10 as I got the buggy version 1709 which randomly deleted files until it would no longer boot up (Thanks MS!).

I then tried it using the iPad Pro and the firmware took.  I had to restart it three times during the download, but it installed.  I could see both batteries got an update near the end of the firmware process and right before the image processor in the percentage timeline.  Aircraft version is the new (Out of beta?) 1.07.02.0300 too so the .0200 is gone.  The RC also got one separately.

What I do not understand is why the Wi-Fi gets the IP address changed during the update.  I noticed the Windows laptop became disconnected from the Netgear modem following the update.  The iPad also became disconnected from the Netgear modem following the firmware update as well.  I had to unplug the Netgear model from the wall and re-plug it to get both the iPad and Windows laptop connected again.  Weird.

Tomorrow I'll try the VPS calibration and hope Assistant 2 will work even though it would not do the firmware update today.  The RC sticks were extremely touchy too, but calibration of them helped with that.
2018-11-16
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

On.300 beta I haven’t found any issues with batteries, have 3 pairs all working ok... just installed the latest stock .300 release , it’s seems ok... tomorrow full test day!!
2018-11-16
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Argentina

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 11-16 19:35
I did this update. Windows 10 ver. 1703 didn't work for the update to the Inspire 2 with Assistant 2 although the download completed at 100%.  I tried again with Windows Defender Firewall turned off and same thing, it refused to update even though it downloads.  Might be a Windows 10 ver. 1703 issue. I had to reinstall Windows 10 as I got the buggy version 1709 which randomly deleted files until it would no longer boot up (Thanks MS!).

I then tried it using the iPad Pro and the firmware took.  I had to restart it three times during the download, but it installed.  I could see both batteries got an update near the end of the firmware process and right before the image processor in the percentage timeline.  Aircraft version is the new (Out of beta?) 1.07.02.0300 too so the .0200 is gone.  The RC also got one separately.

This is normal, is like inserting a new device with ip adress on the pc, new device will be set as default connection . You can set the pc to avoid this to happen, setting the main connection to remain first in preference, for not letting windows switch between connections.
2018-11-16
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Argentina

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 11-16 19:35

This is normal, is like inserting a new device with ip adress on the pc, new device will be set as default connection . You can set the pc to avoid this to happen, setting the main connection to remain first in preference, for not letting windows switch between connections.
2018-11-16
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

Just flew 2 sets of batteries on .300. about 9 degrees C here so no problem with cold battery warnings. Still getting Cache full warning on ipad 4 mini. (Suspect thats a go4 fault). I2 seemed to track a lot straighter.  No false landing gear messages. On the 2nd set of batteries the sharpness settings seemed to have reverted to 0 though they were showing as -3 in the app. Quickspin worked at high altitude but not lower down. Suspect that maybe more that it was quite low light & the camera lost track of the subject.
2018-11-17
Use props
Werner Franck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2080886 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi everybody, I did the .300 update today and the battery update too with all battery sets.
Everything went well but afterwards I tried to take off to test the plane and there was a warning : recalibrate vision system.  
The problem however is that the recalibration program within the DJI Assistant app after updating to .300 refuses to start the calibration. The recalibration program says reboot the aircraft. I did that more than 10 times. Nothing helps….

Is there anybody how could help me? suggestions?
2018-11-17
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For what it's worth I decided to go ahead with the update for Inspire-2 with X5S and dual (standard) controllers:
A/C = V01.02.300
RC = V01.01.0050
X5S = V01.09.22.22
iOS = V12.1.1
Go4= V4.3.4
Installed via DJI Assistant (Win10).
Installation went smoothly - took well over 10 min to complete.
Each set of batteries required an Update (via Go4) on installation.
Carried out only a very short test flight without any obvious issues - but time will tell!
What concerns me is the fact that the newly released firmware (01.02.300) has been available for Beta Test for some time and well before the latest TB50 Battery issue arose yet the newly released version has the same version number as the Beta. So has it actually been changed to take account of the TB50 battery problem - or not?
2018-11-17
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Werner Franck Posted at 11-17 03:13
Hi everybody, I did the .300 update today and the battery update too with all battery sets.
Everything went well but afterwards I tried to take off to test the plane and there was a warning : recalibrate vision system.  
The problem however is that the recalibration program within the DJI Assistant app after updating to .300 refuses to start the calibration. The recalibration program says reboot the aircraft. I did that more than 10 times. Nothing helps….

Hi Werner. I don't believe that your problem has anything to do with the .300 firmware. It's more likely to do with the computer/operating system on which you are running Assistant-2. Suggest try again using a different computer/OS. Also check that you have the latest version of Assistant-2.
Hope this helps..
Allan
2018-11-17
Use props
Werner Franck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

allanart Posted at 11-17 04:12
Hi Werner. I don't believe that your problem has anything to do with the .300 firmware. It's more likely to do with the computer/operating system on which you are running Assistant-2. Suggest try again using a different computer/OS. Also check that you have the latest version of Assistant-2.
Hope this helps..
Allan

Thanks Allan for your suggestions !
I installed the software .300 with the latest DJI assistant 2 app on a  windows 10 laptop and that went very well. Only the calibration software of the assistant 2 app won't start. But I think indeed that there is no relation between these two items. I get still the message that I have to recalibrate but I don't succeed in starting the calibration software.
I just flew 1,5 hour after the software update. Went very nice. I am very glad also that several issues are solved.  F.e. : message landing gear rising after imu-switch, and orientation of the plain in the radar that sometimes was wrong. Both issues are fixed.
2018-11-17
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Werner Franck Posted at 11-17 07:31
Thanks Allan for your suggestions !
I installed the software .300 with the latest DJI assistant 2 app on a  windows 10 laptop and that went very well. Only the calibration software of the assistant 2 app won't start. But I think indeed that there is no relation between these two items. I get still the message that I have to recalibrate but I don't succeed in starting the calibration software.
I just flew 1,5 hour after the software update. Went very nice. I am very glad also that several issues are solved.  F.e. : message landing gear rising after imu-switch, and orientation of the plain in the radar that sometimes was wrong. Both issues are fixed.

That's good news Werner.
I believe that the other matter regarding Calibration is unrelated - and have seen it before with earlier firmware versions.
Kind regards.
Allan
2018-11-17
Use props
vanzyl
lvl.3
South Africa

allanart Posted at 11-17 04:07
For what it's worth I decided to go ahead with the update for Inspire-2 with X5S and dual (standard) controllers:
A/C = V01.02.300
RC = V01.01.0050

Hi, I had the .0300 BEta installed and used it with 3 battery sets - all went well.  Then DJI released the .0300 official and the TB50 battery "fw update" on the same day - I thought wow, let's just get off Beta - and let's get the worry out of the TB50 issues "grounding" the AC.

What I found is that the "official .0300" is exactly the same as the Beta, due to the fact that it shows "current" for both of them on Assistant 2 - I could not upgrade from the Beta to official, only "refresh".

SO yes, I refreshed with the first set of batteries - all fine, no problem.
Then I wanted it to upgrade the other batteries as well - they did not require an upgrade - which means I already somehow had the latest release on the batteries for about two weeks  - yet they only "released" it yesterday ...

DJI am I missing something?  Could it be that the Beta .0300 already had the latest batttery firmware  linked to it?  How can I check what firmware I have on the batteries and what is it supposed to be now with the official release of .0300?  I cannot find a version so far.
Thanks
2018-11-17
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vanzyl Posted at 11-17 10:07
Hi, I had the .0300 BEta installed and used it with 3 battery sets - all went well.  Then DJI released the .0300 official and the TB50 battery "fw update" on the same day - I thought wow, let's just get off Beta - and let's get the worry out of the TB50 issues "grounding" the AC.

What I found is that the "official .0300" is exactly the same as the Beta, due to the fact that it shows "current" for both of them on Assistant 2 - I could not upgrade from the Beta to official, only "refresh".

This tends to indicate that the newly released firmware (01.02.300) does not actually address the TB50/55 Battery issue. It's not specifically listed in the Release Notes either. Sadly I have the feeling that we still await the "battery fix"! Perhaps DJI can confirm?
2018-11-17
Use props
Werner Franck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

allanart Posted at 11-17 09:56
That's good news Werner.
I believe that the other matter regarding Calibration is unrelated - and have seen it before with earlier firmware versions.
Kind regards.

Indeed Allan, I found the problem. It is an older problem between DJI Assistant 2 and Windows 10. You have to desable the windows signature necessity in the advanced start up configuration Windows 10. Sadly DJI has no official accepted signature by Microsoft (Windows 10). As I have a new laptop for 2 months. Windows 10 didn't accept the calibration software in the assistant 2 app. If you disable the windows signature, the calibration worked smoothly. Really something to be fixed by DJI ! Thanks for your support ! Werner

ps.To All : I had to update all 5 battery sets. So I think/hope this was an update with the new battery software.
2018-11-17
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 11-17 01:57
Just flew 2 sets of batteries on .300. about 9 degrees C here so no problem with cold battery warnings. Still getting Cache full warning on ipad 4 mini. (Suspect thats a go4 fault). I2 seemed to track a lot straighter.  No false landing gear messages. On the 2nd set of batteries the sharpness settings seemed to have reverted to 0 though they were showing as -3 in the app. Quickspin worked at high altitude but not lower down. Suspect that maybe more that it was quite low light & the camera lost track of the subject.

The "Cache full warning" just means that the cached video files on your iPad has reached the limit that you set in the GoApp (or the default if you never changed it). I have an iPad Pro dedicated to my Inspire 2 so I set the cache to the maximum (be sure not to exceed the storage limit of the device) and also allow it to delete the oldest files when the cache is full. With these settings you will not see that message.
2018-11-19
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810082 ft
United Kingdom

I just checked the CAA Skywise site but they are still restricting TB50 & 55 battery powered craft to non-overhead flight.

Interestingly, they describe the update as a "work-around", which is dissappointing.

[/url]http://skywise.caa.co.uk/update-dji-battery-tb50-and-tb55-in-flight-power-failures-3/
2018-11-20
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

Can't you just update batteries thru the Battery Station?
2018-11-21
Use props
vanzyl
lvl.3
South Africa

Dear DJI, Please confirm  or deny - My official 01.02.0300 firmware upgrade did NOT update anything from the  01.02.0300 BETA firmware, it was just a refresh.

The two other sets of TB50 Batteries did NOT request an update when I plugged them into the A/C after I refreshed the 01.02.0300  BETA to the official release with the same version number.  

Are you sure that my batteries now all have the newly released fixed battery firmware if it does not complain about f/w differences - so we can fly like normal with the TB50s on the 01.02.0300 firmware?

Please reply for everybody's information and if this is note somewhere else already please point me in that direction.  Thanks a lot.
2018-11-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

vanzyl Posted at 11-21 11:15
Dear DJI, Please confirm  or deny - My official 01.02.0300 firmware upgrade did NOT update anything from the  01.02.0300 BETA firmware, it was just a refresh.

The two other sets of TB50 Batteries did NOT request an update when I plugged them into the A/C after I refreshed the 01.02.0300  BETA to the official release with the same version number.  

Official .0300 Inspire 2 FW will set TB50 batteries on .71 FW and you should be good to go. All this recent confusion is related mostly to M200 series problems with battery power management. Accordingly to DJI Newsroom note (see link below):

"For the time being, pilots who are using drones of both the DJI M200 series and the DJI Inspire 2 may receive an "inconsistent firmware" notification when using batteries updated with different firmware versions. This may lock the drone so DJI advises that pilots use batteries upgraded with the same firmware until a new firmware update is pushed out in December. This update will solve this compatilibility issue in addition to improving overall user experience ...".

https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -And-TB55-Batteries
2018-11-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't you just update batteries thru the Battery Station?

Yes you can update the Inspire 2 batteries using the DJI Battery Station to the latest FW version 1.0.0.71

This is the latest version that is being used with FW .300

Rich
2018-11-21
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810082 ft
United Kingdom

The CAA have lifted the restriction on overhead flight now, providing the operator is satisfied that the latest fw is correctly installed.  See Skywise note 011 for details.
That's a relief for UK operators!
2018-11-23
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have flown several flights with the new update and no issues at all.
2018-11-26
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

Jbundy63 Posted at 11-26 04:55
Have flown several flights with the new update and no issues at all.

That is good to hear. As soon as weather and time permits, I will take the plunge and update my bird.
2018-11-26
Use props
brettnycem
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1772 ft

United States

hey guys anyone in here flying a matrice 210 with a tether system?  I updated my batteries after an almost crash and burn situation got very lucky I caught onto it,  since update all is good free flight.  We need to use a tether system for longer times on certain scenes and im guessing since the update thats why the drone is showing a battery issue with the tether probably due to update.  Question also has anyone found an update for the drone to allow the tether system?  The company I was told to reach out to is closed for the weekend was hoping to fly this weekend if I can avoid waiting till monday that would be awesome.  any help would be great
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules