iPad Pro 2018?
6409 11 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Catbiscuits
lvl.1
United States

I plugged a USB-C to micro USB cable into my controller and then into my new iPad Pro, but while the controller was receiving a charge from the iPad, the DJI app didn’t connect to the controller. Maybe someone has had better luck? If so, with which cable?

2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Can you please try to use the USB port at the center or button part of the remote controller? Let's see if this will work. Also, please be advised that there is a possibility that it will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot guarantee the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific mobile device. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. Thank you.
2018-11-16
Use props
Catbiscuits
lvl.1
United States

I can try it but I will need a special cable so it will Kate some time,
2018-11-16
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Yes, you need to connect to the bottom USB port. That’s the way I fly on my IPad air2 with my Mavic Pro. That’s the way it works

Flysafely
Alex
2018-11-16
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I had a problem similar to yours when I first began using an iPad.
Natalia's suggestion is your best choice for connection.

I now use the USB center connection always  as Alex B. does with his iPad.
2018-11-16
Use props
ScanDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

I just tried both my Mavic Air and Mavic 2 Zoom with the new iPad Pro 12.9 (2018) and it worked just fine when trying to connect.
My setup is not optimal as I used a Lightning-to-USB C adapter with the MicroUSB-Lightning cable I had from before. I have NOT tried to fly yet and won't do until I get a new USB C-to-Micro USB cable hopefully Monday. But it does connect fine with DJI Go 4.3.4 and iOS 12.1.

Cables and adapter used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2018-11-16
Use props
standardhumans
New
Flight distance : 1503 ft
United States

Has anyone been successful connecting the new 2018 iPad Pro to a drone like the Mavic Air (USB-C to USB-C) for the purpose of photo and video transfer? When I connect my iPad to my Mavic Air in this manner, the photos app launches as it should, but there are no photos or videos available for import. I know there are videos and photos on the SD card...perhaps the iPad is only able to see the internal storage of the drone, which is empty. As I write this my question is evolving: does anyone know if I can set the SD card to be the default location detected by iOS when connected via USB-C cable?
2018-11-21
Use props
fans808015c8
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-11-16 10:15
Hi there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Can you please try to use the USB port at the center or button part of the remote controller? Let's see if this will work. Also, please be advised that there is a possibility that it will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot guarantee the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific mobile device. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. Thank you.

Hello Natalia:

I just bought a 2019 iPad Air 11" yesterday and I bought an USB C adapter for the micro usb cable my Mavic Pro came with but there is no connection with the controller whatsoever...has DJI either come up with a new recommendation or, have they not yet updated some software? Should I get a USB to USB C or another micro USB Apple cable to USB C? Many thanks in advance,
Chris
2019-5-7
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

2019 iPad Pro works fine for me using a USB to C cable in the lower port
2019-5-8
Use props
ZheHao
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem but it didn’t even charge the iPad or the controller Please fix this dji
2020-3-24
Use props
ZheHao
lvl.1

United States

standardhumans Posted at 2018-11-21 16:35
Has anyone been successful connecting the new 2018 iPad Pro to a drone like the Mavic Air (USB-C to USB-C) for the purpose of photo and video transfer? When I connect my iPad to my Mavic Air in this manner, the photos app launches as it should, but there are no photos or videos available for import. I know there are videos and photos on the SD card...perhaps the iPad is only able to see the internal storage of the drone, which is empty. As I write this my question is evolving: does anyone know if I can set the SD card to be the default location detected by iOS when connected via USB-C cable?

I tried I
To connect it to my controller to my iPad Pro 2018 it does not work
2020-3-24
Use props
Theta Skies
lvl.1
Japan

Was so excited to discover you could connect #ipad to controller! Easily connected #Ipadpro 12.9 via usb out on controller (where phone goes) to #usbC on Ipad! App needed to sync versions but instantly worked entering device through #djigo4 app! So tired of squinting using phone and trying to navigate tiny menus or read maps etc.  I use a wheelchair so this gives me more options to mount while using!! need to get some sort of screen shader though .. This would certainly help working in direct sunlight!   
2020-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules