Phantom 2 V2 ESC
3996 15 2014-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beave53
lvl.1

United States

Are the new ESC for the New motors going to available?  I will upgrade my V1 when they are.  As well as the other upgrades.
2014-11-6
Use props
Beave53
lvl.1

United States

OOPS!  They showed up on at least on one dealers website...I should have checked this evening before posting.  AWESOME!
2014-11-6
Use props
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Beave53 Posted at 2014-11-7 12:45
OOPS!  They showed up on at least on one dealers website...I should have checked this evening before ...

Where did you find them?  
2014-11-6
Use props
Beave53
lvl.1

United States

Drone Camps RC shows them...don t think they are in stock yet though
2014-11-8
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Most Vision hast the new V2 ESC allready assembled.
Verify that in the vicinity of the large capacitor, the term V2 is printed. Then have the new ESC version already.
2014-11-9
Use props
Phantom2Flyer
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Are you sure about that? The DJI US chap I spoke to also had the V2 on the circuit board by the capacitor from a phantom bought in april 2014. DJI state that the "V2" is on the white sticker. Im trying to get clarification from DJI.
2014-11-9
Use props
junkmail
lvl.1
United States

Phantom2Flyer Posted at 2014-11-10 09:38
Are you sure about that? The DJI US chap I spoke to also had the V2 on the circuit board by the capa ...

Did you ever get clarification on this? It is crazy that DJI makes distinguishing between these two parts so difficult.
2014-11-9
Use props
Phantom2Flyer
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Still waiting for clarification i'm afraid. Oh and it turns out the chap is a forum mod on rcforums who does a bit of DJI testing but doesn't actually work for DJI. They sent him new motors and esc's etc but his picture shows no V2 on the white sticker of the esc's.
Yes, quite annoying they are so hard to distinguish from each other. Especially as DJI mention a way of identifying them but doesn't seem to be correct on the new versions that I have seen pictures of. Considering they state phantom may become unstable and crash if you have the wrong ones, you would have thought it would be a quite important piece of info.

2014-11-9
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
Netherlands

Phantom2Flyer Posted at 2014-11-10 09:38
Are you sure about that? The DJI US chap I spoke to also had the V2 on the circuit board by the capa ...

No, he's not sure because it's not true. Almost every Phantom 2 (Vision, Vision+ and Non-Vision) have the V2 on the circuit board. I was also told to look at the white printed sticker under the motor cables to check.

2014-11-9
Use props
Phantom2Flyer
lvl.2

United Kingdom

That's what I thought.. trouble is none of the new ones that people have posted have the V2 on the white sticker either
2014-11-9
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
Netherlands

Phantom2Flyer Posted at 2014-11-10 12:53
That's what I thought.. trouble is none of the new ones that people have posted have the V2 on the w ...

I've also read the old ESCs in the front turn red immediately after powering on. The new ones apparently only turn red after arming (mine do this).
One of DJI support members has reached out to DJI internally, he will update their response tomorrow.

I'm in the same boat, just got my 2nd Phantom 2 about 2 weeks ago, so I'm curious.
2014-11-9
Use props
Phantom2Flyer
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Well my esc's from a March 2014 phantom 2 do not turn red after powering on, only after arming. It seems the hardware never changed but the firmware for the esc's did. Apparently the newer version drops the last four beeps when turning on - this hasn't been confirmed by DJI yet though...
2014-11-11
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Phantom2Flyer Posted at 2014-11-12 09:34
Well my esc's from a March 2014 phantom 2 do not turn red after powering on, only after arming. It s ...

Mine are missing the same 4 beeps my previous Phantom 2 has.
It may be looking good for us but I guess we won't know for sure unless we get clarification from DJI.

My new Phantom was delivered on 10/28 - just before the V2s shipped so some could be a mixed bag.
2014-11-11
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi all, there is no difference between the old version and new version of ESC on appearance, it is just a firmware update. And yes, new version ESC drops the last 4 beeps.
2014-11-12
Use props
gchatzisavvidis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109085 ft
Greece

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-13 15:21
Hi all, there is no difference between the old version and new version of ESC on appearance, it is j ...

Is there any way we the "Old version V2 " users  to update somehow the esc?
2014-11-12
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

gchatzisavvidis Posted at 2014-11-13 15:47
Is there any way we the "Old version V2 " users  to update somehow the esc?

Send the Phantom back to our repair center for upgrading.
2014-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules