Disconnected constantly
600 10 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MeteoricDragon
lvl.2
United States

I am a new owner of a Mavic 2 Pro, and I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I have been experiencing frequent disconnects before flying and while flying.  I've also experienced other problems but disconnects are the worst of all the problems.

I get a yellow message on the upper left corner of the app screen saying that there is a remote controller problem, then sometimes it says disconnected and turns grey.  This behavior  can happen 2 or 3 times per minute.  Sometimes I can fly without any disconnects for 10 minutes.

Sometimes my phone will say that the Auxilary device that was connected did not completely connect.

Sometimes after reconnecting, I get a message that I need to update my firmware. (but my firmware was already updated 2 days ago).  

I often get a message that I need to update the geo-fencing app, but I think I already updated that too.  I usually select "ignore".

Sometimes I get an alert when taking off saying that I am flying in restricted airspace.  This is not true. I've checked Airmap and I am outside the neighboring restricted air space.

Please help.  I enjoy this drone (when it works) and I am considering returning it if I cannot fix or at least reduce the occurence of problems.

2018-11-16
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Change your cable..... Be sure the cable is DATA rated,  and NOT just a charge cable.

That's step 1

Step 2 Post your Firmware,   for RC and AC....

Randy
2018-11-16
Use props
MeteoricDragon
lvl.2
United States

AC is V01.00.0100
RC is V01.00.0100
2018-11-16
Use props
MeteoricDragon
lvl.2
United States

Also, the cable I'm using is the short one supplied with the RC.
2018-11-16
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

MeteoricDragon Posted at 11-16 19:54
Also, the cable I'm using is the short one supplied with the RC.

Ok,  try refreshing the firmware

AND try a different cable....a data cable.  Brand New Cables CAN be bad out of the box.

Randy
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi MeteoricDragon, may I know which port do you connected? The side port or the bottom port? You may change to another working cable and switch to another port to see whether it helps. If the issue remains, please kindly upload the screenshot of the error message, we'd like to check.
2018-11-16
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Turning off the wifi on your phone before flying may help too.
2018-11-19
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Change the DJI supplied cable for a new cable and use the bottom port, bing bang bosh happier flying experience.
2018-11-19
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

Was the same s#%t with m1
Bottom port and other cable, thumbsupp and smiles for days.
2018-11-19
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

Concur with the other responses.  I was having the same error almost a frequently as you with my S7 Edge and the 4" cable into the left port.  Since switching to my Mini 4 and a 20 cm cable to the lower USB-A port, I haven't had a single RC disconnection error after I'd guess probably 40 batteries so far........
2018-11-19
Use props
MeteoricDragon
lvl.2
United States

Thanks, everyone for your help.  For some reason, the problem has stopped.
2018-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules