Ronin Assistant won't connect to Ronin-S
5808 7 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jadic
lvl.1
United States

Recently purchased a Ronin-S, updated the firmware and then did all the adjustments to level my camera. When I turned the Ronin-S on and tried to connect to the Ronin-S via the Ronin Assitant app on Android, the app doesn't connect. I then tried an older Android device and had the same issue. The app says it can't find any Ronin device. Both mobile devices see the Ronin-S from the internal Bluetooth device list. I called DJI and told them I tried two different devices and they were of little help. They said to go back to B&H and get a replacement. That it must be defective. B&H agreed and sent me a new one. Same thing happens with the new one. Update the firmware. Get it all adjusted and turn on the Ronin-S. Neither Android device can connect to the Ronin. I've seen some other posts with users having issues using the Android assistant, but no real follow up on solutions. One post I found on here said to make sure Location Services is enabled and both my Android devices have it enabled.
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
China

What Android device are you using?

Also be sure you have the right DJI Ronin Assistant.

https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads
2018-11-16
Use props
jadic
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paul Posted at 11-16 20:06
What Android device are you using?

Also be sure you have the right DJI Ronin Assistant.

That was my issue. The app I was using from the Google Play store must be an old app. The one you linked me to has the same name but has a completely different menu system and appearance.

Thank you.
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jadic Posted at 11-16 20:22
That was my issue. The app I was using from the Google Play store must be an old app. The one you linked me to has the same name but has a completely different menu system and appearance.

Thank you.

Hi jadic, sorry for the late response. May I know what's the current status now? Does it work well? Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!
2018-11-17
Use props
jadic
lvl.1
United States

The link to the app provided by Paul earlier resolved the app issue. I was using an app that must have been outdated but was still in the Google Play store. The issue now I'm having is that during the balance test the YAW is listed as BAD, while the other two are excellent.
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jadic Posted at 11-17 02:32
The link to the app provided by Paul earlier resolved the app issue. I was using an app that must have been outdated but was still in the Google Play store. The issue now I'm having is that during the balance test the YAW is listed as BAD, while the other two are excellent.

Glad to know the connection issue has been sorted out.
Please make sure the Yaw axis has been physically balanced, and then do the Auto Tune. You can also tilt the device 45°, then check if the Power value of the Pan motor in the APP is in the range of +/-5. If not, the device will need to be balanced again.
2018-11-19
Use props
djiuser_H0opM63Y1wdw
New

United States

My Ronin S won't do a firmware update or connect to the app on my apple laptop does anyone have a way to make it work I called DJI.  They told me to send it back I have received 3 units and have the same problem? I'm tied of this problem I need help!!!!!!!
2020-9-11
Use props
djiuser_q0susbtgSWfX
New

Oman

djiuser_H0opM63Y1wdw Posted at 2020-9-11 20:05
My Ronin S won't do a firmware update or connect to the app on my apple laptop does anyone have a way to make it work I called DJI.  They told me to send it back I have received 3 units and have the same problem? I'm tied of this problem I need help!!!!!!!

did it work for u? I have the same problem with Mac book pro 2015
2023-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules