Battery Problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdSelby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9416 ft
United States

This is happening with 1 original battery (that sat unused for too long), and 2 brand new batteries that were freshly charged after receiving them.

Any ideas on what is wrong/how to correct it??
2018-11-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Nothing is necessarily wrong.  

The first time you pushed the button and let off, it's simply telling you it's extremely low - below 12% - and you need to charge it to at least 50% as soon as possible.  

The second time you held the button 5 secs - it's telling you it is has a useful life between 90% and 100%.  

2018-11-17
Use props
EdSelby
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 11-17 11:52
Nothing is necessarily wrong.  

The first time you pushed the botton and let off, it's simply telling you it's extremely low - below 12% - and you need to charge it to at least 50% as soon as possible.  

The problem/catch is that the batteries have charged for 60+ minutes each. It seems they never charge (starting to thing the charger is the problem?)
2018-11-17
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The battery is damaged. The only fix I know of is to dispose of it, buy a replacement, and start caring for your batteries like this.
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble caused. Can you please press the power button once, then press again and hold for for two seconds to turn the battery on and off. If this will not work, I suggest you send it in for replacement if the battery is still under warranty. You can contact our support for a further help at http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Until more is known, I would agree with Mark. The display is quite normal. It may be a problem with the charger, but more infomation is needed.
2018-11-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

EdSelby Posted at 11-17 11:58
The problem/catch is that the batteries have charged for 60+ minutes each. It seems they never charge (starting to thing the charger is the problem?)

When you fully insert the charger into the battery and then plug the charger into the wall, what, exactly, happens with the lamps?

If nothing happens with the lamps, you could try forcing a charge by turning the battery on while charger is connected to the battery and plugged into the wall.  
2018-11-17
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I had the same problem with one that sat too long. It drained beyond the point of no return.
2018-11-17
Use props
EdSelby
lvl.1
United States

I tried everything y'all suggested - no luck. I was beyond frustrated (two of my three batteries are brand new!!)

This morning I figured I'd just plug a battery into the P3 and see what happened. WTH?? The battery powered right up! I tried it with a second battery - same thing. Powered right up! Tried it with the third. Powered right up.

I honestly don't know what gremlin voodoo was performed overnight, but I immediately went out and promptly flew all three down to 10%. On the recharge now. We'll see how it goes.
2018-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules