Freeway at night - dramatic horror edition :)
2010 12 2015-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
a.bracinac
lvl.1

Serbia

2015-6-3
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Very creative and cool! Curious to what settings you used for the flight?
2015-6-3
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Nice video! Outstanding!
2015-6-3
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

Great Video I just hope it wasn't filmed in the US.  It's breaking a few FAA rules.  But still very cool and great editing as well, I dig it.
2015-6-3
Use props
bartenfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>
United States

dennis@aerialpe Posted at 2015-6-4 10:26
Great Video I just hope it wasn't filmed in the US.  It's breaking a few FAA rules.  But still very  ...

Which few rules are being broken?
2015-6-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

nice job

thanks for sharing

Rich
2015-6-3
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

Very nice. Looks like he/she is from Serbia, rules there may be different then the US
2015-6-3
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Why set it to Black&White. The light must be beautiful!
This footage is awesome.
2015-6-3
Use props
a.bracinac
lvl.1

Serbia

Thanks guys,

I'm from Serbia, yes
Unfortunately, colors were nothing to impress, so I decide to add a bit contrast and push it to B/W
2015-6-4
Use props
starship
lvl.4

United States

bartenfield Posted at 2015-6-4 10:55
Which few rules are being broken?

Looks like he's over the U.S. FAA 400 foot altitude limit.  
2015-6-4
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

We constantly see video like this on YouTube and elsewhere and it is evident that the Pilots are recording fantastic images, but at the risk of probably breaking country aviation rules and increasing the likelihood of further restrictions being imposed on UAVs for everyone on a global basis.

I don't think it is particularly wise for DJI or any responsible Pilot to endorse such videos as fantastic, as that would also be endorsing unsafe flying just to get a good picture, fame and recognition.

We all want to get fantastic video and film footage, but there is a right and wrong way to go about it.  This is why DJI probably took the moral stance of imposing No Fly Zones in the software to prevent those who seek fame and fantastic images at the cost of safety or for those minority who simply have a don't care attitude.

If we continue to see videos like this, I can seriously see increased, forced restrictions for Hobbyist Pilots and anyone who can't demonstrate practical recognised Aviation Authority training such as a Commercial UAV Pilot License e.g. the EuroUSC BNUC-S or other Schemes operated in the UK and globally.  There are rules that must be adhered to for the safety of others and flying over a motorway/freeway at a height which is clearly above 400feet, probably out of visual line of site, over vehicles and public is simply bad piloting and dangerous, and at night simply increases the danger.  I recall a Pilot in Queensland, Australia flying a Phantom in similar situation and close to an airport, over populated area and at night, was the first Pilot of a UAV to be prosecuted by the Australian Aviation Authority.

So lets not be quick to praise those submitting video where there is clearly a safety issue and a obvious danger to others.
2015-6-5
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic video........haa and the music sure fit the part.  I was waiting for something to happen.
2015-6-5
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-5 21:05
We constantly see video like this on YouTube and elsewhere and it is evident that the Pilots are rec ...

Basically I agree with you ... but if you look at it this way ... It´s probably more dangerous driving a car down on that road than it is flying the UAV like this.

Governments today regulate the shit out of everything that is new!

We don´t need more regulations ... we need common sense (this is, amongst other factors, acquired through education).

I remember reading that the most common  "whistle blowers" regarding inappropriate use of UAVs is actually the UAV community (that would be us) as we are the ones aware of the rules.
Every one else isn´t afraid of getting hurt or possibly killed by one of these ... they are afraid of being spied at ...

This world is fucked up ...

Awesome video BTW ...
2015-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules