Disconnected in App: Update
823 17 2018-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AIRSCOOTER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115 ft
Australia

Uninstalled DJI GO APP again, re-downloaded (6 times now).
Message once app started: Disconnected.
I ignored and reinstated all my info and settings, recalibrated everything I could.
Hey presto; I'm in.
BUT: now camera is all washed out (white out with very little deffinition but was still perfect after update 09/30).
So set camera etc, to auto settings: no difference.
Will not take off; can not excite the motors either; and no map (black screen).
Could it be my 3G phone not compatable ?
No message about equipment incompatable.
I am at my limit of investigation, don't know how to remedy this issue.
Any suggestions on a fix please ?
I thought abobout a well known after market app, but some reviews are not too favourable either,
and at $36 AU price is high to find I've received a package of 10010101011101 junk.
Hope & enthusiasm fading fast !
Cheers.
2018-11-17
Use props
Dumbthumbs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7972 ft
United States

Have you tried the pairing sequence? With the aircraft, phone and remote control on, (assuming you're still getting the 'disconnected' status) lift the aircraft and look for the LED-lit recessed red button on the right side of the fuselage. Press that button with a pen point. When it flashes, return to the remote, turn the gimbal control anti-clockwise all the way and simultaneously cycle the S2 switch at least three times. When you hear the beeping, check the status in the app. Good luck!
2018-11-17
Use props
AIRSCOOTER
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Dumbthumbs, and thanks for the tip. Will give that a try. Charging all equipment at the moment, virtually ran it down to 1 indicator
trying to get a result.
I'll give you a shout out when & if successful.
Cheers.
2018-11-17
Use props
AIRSCOOTER
lvl.1
Australia

Hey Dumbthumbs (beautiful racer by btw),
Followed your instructions. Did good.
Seems all is in order.
Well, to a degree. I may need to update my screen to a 4G phone. That's probly a seperate issue.
I mention that simply because there is now a pop up saying weak gps signal on mobile device,
as well as (in Red) scrolling message in the top info bar saying weak camera transmission sigal.
Something like that.
So, another phone coming. Get it done one at atime.
Having said that, I now can appreciate the under current meaning of your screen name.
(One who pole races can't be ALL thumbs..... right ?)
So thanks again, and best wishes for many sweet victories racing !
Cheers.
2018-11-17
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

1st: the weak GPS signal is dependent from a poor receiver in phone and has nothing to do with 2G,3G or 4G(LTE) as the image transmission signal. That is dependent from the WIFI module in the mobile too.
I use my mobile in air plane mode for stable WIFI.
2018-11-18
Use props
Dumbthumbs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7972 ft
United States

AIRSCOOTER Posted at 11-17 21:52
Hey Dumbthumbs (beautiful racer by btw),
Followed your instructions. Did good.
Seems all is in order.

Good on ya, mate. Peterx is right about airplane mode, too. Seems I have more stable video feed. My Samsung galaxy S4 (yeah, i know) is a little weak in the wifi department.
2018-11-18
Use props
AIRSCOOTER
lvl.1
Australia

Hey n G'day fellas.
I won't say great minds think alike; but guess what ?????????
Just as ur surprised when ya stub your toe on that brick ya didn't see,
I discovered AIRPLANE MODE.  Now; as a person of natural curiosity, and a good nose
for trouble, I dived into this feature on my fone.
Surprise; surprise; surprise.

UR both right and correct.  It did improve wifi things after all,
so now for the adventure of the wild blue sky & low fly speed passes, hahahahaha.

I feel so alive...............................
2018-11-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Start another thread once you fly. Haha

RedHotPoker

2018-11-18
Use props
AIRSCOOTER
lvl.1
Australia

Hey mate,
Low fly speed passes?????????; hahahahaha.
Ya can just tell I'll handle that "like eatin ice cream".

I'll be taking the dust pan & brush with.file:///home/waynek/Desktop/epic%20crash.jpg

AIRSCOOTER
2018-11-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Call you Stubby? Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-11-18
Use props
AIRSCOOTER
lvl.1
Australia

Hehehehehe.
2018-11-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Walk backwards and feel no shame. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-11-18
Use props
phantom100
New
Flight distance : 2641 ft
United States

Dumbthumbs Posted at 11-17 18:55
Have you tried the pairing sequence? With the aircraft, phone and remote control on, (assuming you're still getting the 'disconnected' status) lift the aircraft and look for the LED-lit recessed red button on the right side of the fuselage. Press that button with a pen point. When it flashes, return to the remote, turn the gimbal control anti-clockwise all the way and simultaneously cycle the S2 switch at least three times. When you hear the beeping, check the status in the app. Good luck!

I have a phantom advanced drone and phone says disconnected (gray color) drone flashing yellow in rear, red in front. phone shows blank black screen battery and controller fully charged. was sitting for a year and worked with last two phones ago. currently note 8.
2018-11-18
Use props
AIRSCOOTER
lvl.1
Australia

phantom100 Posted at 11-18 19:01
I have a phantom advanced drone and phone says disconnected (gray color) drone flashing yellow in rear, red in front. phone shows blank black screen battery and controller fully charged. was sitting for a year and worked with last two phones ago. currently note 8.

hey there, Ihave only P3 Standard, but principle should be the same. although ur machine is more advanced.
I suggest try to resign in........... wifi >> select phantom wifi pha0006.... (whatever form it's in) tap, then in the pop up, type ur password (My default was 12341234 & It might ask for ssid as well). SSID should be at back of ur modem/or under. Type that in at ssid request at top of password rquest.
Of course yours may be completely different......in that case; check with other experienced 'CAPTAINS'
or administrator.
Most experienced pilots are happy to help when/where the can.
Good luck.
2018-11-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You may need to Relink the drone to the RC.

Thankfully the Rebind process is a simple process.

Please let us know if this helped. Thanks.

RedHotPoker

2018-11-18
Use props
phantom100
New
United States

it worked as far as now the camera displays on the phone and shows P-GPS on left side.etc.. in center it flashes signal lost. controller left led is green. drone is red solid in front and flashing yellow in rear. phone shows aircraft in altitude mode?
2018-11-19
Use props
phantom100
New
United States

I have camera now. aircraft status shows imu is normal, compass normal,radio channel quality blinks good then poor then good again. flight mode is n/a, remote controller mode 1,  the phone middle top screen flashes signal lost, left screen shows in yellow warning aircraft in attitude mode, green warning home point recorded. still cannot start drone, when I pick drone up ft begin to count height and lowers when I put back on floor. shows P-GPS top screen yellow warning GEO class e zone. drone still red in front and flashing yellow in rear. screen displays battery levels
2018-11-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

You have more to pay attention to the rear lights than the front lights. Flashes fast in yellow means "warm up" (standing) or "lost signal" (flying). Flashing slowly then it means "ATTI" or "Geo zone" (controlled air space)
2018-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules