Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5df3a954
lvl.1
Flight distance : 716818 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Hey,

I just noticed (what I think is) a bug with the photo mode in the Mavic 2 Pro. In manual camera settings, I don't always have the option to choose the slower shutter speeds (1", 2", 3", and so on).

I thought it might be that I was in sports mode, so I tried switching back and forth but no change at all - Then a while later during the flight, those shutter speeds popped back up in my shutter wheel. I hadn't done anything, in particular, to bring it back up.

Not sure why this happened or if I've accidentally stumbled upon the solution. Let me know if you've experienced this or if you have any light to shed on it.
2018-11-18
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Did you have the camera in manual or auto when you looked for the slower shutter speeds?
2018-11-19
Use props
MoadhB
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

SPIKE_151 Posted at 11-19 05:27
Did you have the camera in manual or auto when you looked for the slower shutter speeds?

Hello, yes it was in manual and I could swipe through all the shutter options - but it didn't give the full range.. I think it stopped at 1/30
2018-11-20
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Are you sure you were in photo mode and not video mode? Because 1/30 is the highest you can at 30FPS..
2018-11-20
Use props
MoadhB
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

saviour Posted at 11-20 01:22
Are you sure you were in photo mode and not video mode? Because 1/30 is the highest you can at 30FPS..

Yeah i'm certain, i kept switching between photo and video to see if there's any change
2018-11-20
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United Kingdom

were you doing hyperlapses?
it happened to me after a hyperlapse finished. i was not able changing the shutter speed as you described. switching from manual to auto and then back to manual, exiting the hyperlapse mode, made the shutter selection popping up correctly
2018-11-20
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

The automatic exposure meter in the camera, could have taken those options away if it was too bright ambient light and would have overexposed. If the light subsequently became less it may have opened those options back to you.
2018-11-20
Use props
MoadhB
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

SPIKE_151 Posted at 11-20 07:01
The automatic exposure meter in the camera, could have taken those options away if it was too bright ambient light and would have overexposed. If the light subsequently became less it may have opened those options back to you.

Does it usually automatically measure exposure and change the options? If that's the case then that's probably the reason why.. I'll try and see if it happens again on my next flight
2018-11-20
Use props
MoadhB
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

SPIKE_151 Posted at 11-20 07:01

Does it usually automatically measure exposure and change the options? If that's the case then that's probably the reason why. I'll try and see if it happens again on my next flight
2018-11-20
Use props
The_Death_Angel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134062 ft
Australia

I have the same problem
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules