Active Track Crash -
762 5 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
996TT-X50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 658435 ft
United States

I was active tracking myself thru a local park, the park is closed to vehicles for the winter season, but open to foot traffic, cyclists, CC skiers, etc.    As shown, the M2P sucessfully negotiated a couple of large tree trunks, but ultimately approaches and crashes into a small leafless tree limb as it's avoiding the trunk of the same tree.   The limb comes into view from the top left (10 oclock) but is pretty much in the center of the FOV when the drone connects.

Wondering what files to send to DJI support?.... as I'm curious why this happened.  

It almost seems like the vision system's algorythm was pre-occupied with avoiding the tree trunk and missed the limb.

2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since there was a crash that happened. The best thing you need to do is contact DJI Support and open a ticket for your drone for analysis and for repair. I will be posting a link where you can use to created a ticket for your drone https://www.dji.com/support. Please sync the flight records as well using the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

2018-11-18
Use props
Balaes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>
Romania

In the case of such thin tree branches, it is expected that the drona can not see them ... I am sorry for your loss
2018-11-18
Use props
996TT-X50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 658435 ft
United States

Balaes Posted at 11-18 08:09
In the case of such thin tree branches, it is expected that the drona can not see them ... I am sorry for your loss

It's fine, I lost a set of props and minimal damage to the two front vertical supports (where the LEDs mount).   
2018-11-18
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
United States

Apologies but I believe that limb was too small for the vision system to notice. So I'm afraid DJI will give you the same answer
2018-11-18
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

I'd say you hit the nail on the head (or should I say the little tiny branch on the nose!) LOL>  The system works good but definitely isn't foolproof.  Fly safe and glad the damage wasn't too bad.  Those small , leafless branches will get you every time!
2018-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules