Spark disconnection when photos taken
1779 17 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fxtbxOCVDiwT
lvl.1
France

Hi !
I have an issue since last sunday : Spark flying, selecting panorama, clicking on panorama ==> Spark disconnected and did not reconnect automaticaly. He try to land but the landing doesn't work and I must turn the Spark to one side to stop the rotors.

Last sunday, I was in V 01.00.1000 with RC / OTG and fly mode activated on my smartphone (android LG G3).
Today, I've downgraded the Spark firmware in V 01.00.0900. Always with RC / OTG and smartphone in fly mode. The behavoir is the same. I've tried to switch with an another batery, switch in 2.4 or 5.8 Ghz wifi mode ==> always the same issue.

It's happend in two differents locations.

Somebody have an idea to solve my problem ?
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the connectivity on your DJI Spark. I do apologize for the troubles you had recently.  The mobile device ( LG G3 ) you are using isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO 4. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. Have you used a device from the list below to test it?  For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark.

2018-11-18
Use props
djiuser_fxtbxOCVDiwT
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-18 09:18
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the connectivity on your DJI Spark. I do apologize for the troubles you had recently.  The mobile device ( LG G3 ) you are using isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO 4. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. Have you used a device from the list below to test it?  For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark.

[view_image]

Hello.
I didn't try with another device. Besides, it works great with this configuration since last sunday. This device is dedicated to the RC and DjiGO 4 : fly mode on, bluetooth off, wifi off, no sim cards inside. The Android version is 6.0 (Marshmallow).
It's difficult to understand that only the devices you have listed are compatible. When I bought the Spark with his RC, I didn't think that I must buy another smartphone to have a fully functional drone....
I have an LG G5 too : should I try with this device (Android 7.0 - Nougat) ?
2018-11-18
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Use an older version of the DJI Go4 app, like 4.1.15. The newer apps seem to have much more CPU and RAM usage on your phone, and when its not able to deliver, it can crash, loose connection, whatever.
It makes no sense to update Go4 app, since there are no real updates to the Spark, just for other drone models.
I'm using the .1000 firmware in the Spark, along with the MOD 2.0 app, and I'm happy with that. Everything works.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_fxtbxOCVDiwT Posted at 11-18 09:46
Hello.
I didn't try with another device. Besides, it works great with this configuration since last sunday. This device is dedicated to the RC and DjiGO 4 : fly mode on, bluetooth off, wifi off, no sim cards inside. The Android version is 6.0 (Marshmallow).
It's difficult to understand that only the devices you have listed are compatible. When I bought the Spark with his RC, I didn't think that I must buy another smartphone to have a fully functional drone....

Thank you for the quick reply. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team as of the moment are testing multiple devices to be added to the recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2018-11-18
Use props
djiuser_fxtbxOCVDiwT
lvl.1
France

Wolferl Posted at 11-18 09:48
Hi,

Use an older version of the DJI Go4 app, like 4.1.15. The newer apps seem to have much more CPU and RAM usage on your phone, and when its not able to deliver, it can crash, loose connection, whatever.

I will try what you suggest on my LG G3 and will try the two DJI GO4 versions (before on my old LG G5 too.

Where can I find the 4.1.15 app ?
2018-11-18
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

djiuser_fxtbxOCVDiwT Posted at 11-18 09:56
I will try what you suggest on my LG G3 and will try the two DJI GO4 versions (before on my old LG G5 too.

Where can I find the 4.1.15 app ?

Hi,

Checkout apkmirror:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... go-4-4-1-5-release/

Be sure to upload your flight logs (if you want to do so) before removing the new app and installing the 4.1.15.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Is it the same SD card in AC like before?
Test a different one!

Is the Spark disconnecting to the RC (LED red)
or "just"
the phone disconnecting from the Rc?
2018-11-18
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Try DJi Go 4 V 4.2.6.  on 'lower powered' phone/tablet devices. I had disconnection issues with later versions, but this older version works for me since purchasing Spark.
Remove the existing DJi Go 4 app & remove the the  DJI directory / data  from the phone/tablet storage / SD card.
Reboot. Install V4.2.6 from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... go-4-4-2-6-release/
*** Important! On slower devices - Prior to connecting to the RC or Spark initially, open the app & turn off the video cache recording option. It seems to be a one time fuse option that may not be changed later (?) unless reinstalling from scratch.
2018-11-18
Use props
djiuser_fxtbxOCVDiwT
lvl.1
France

S-e-ven Posted at 11-18 19:27
Is it the same SD card in AC like before?
Test a different one!

Yes, it's the same SD card like before.
As I press "panorama", the Spark is disconnecting to the RC with red LEDs.
2018-11-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_fxtbxOCVDiwT Posted at 11-19 03:11
Yes, it's the same SD card like before.
As I press "panorama", the Spark is disconnecting to the RC with red LEDs.

So try another, just to confirm it is not.
Same here: factory reset your bird with assistant 2 and re-update the firmware

2018-11-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

And:
How is it, just via wifi connected to the RC?
2018-11-19
Use props
djiuser_fxtbxOCVDiwT
lvl.1
France

So, I tried these things :
- change SD card with a brand new one (Samsung microSDXC UHS-I Card 64 GB)
- reset Spark to default factory
- upgrade / downgrade with  01.00.1000 and 01.00.0900 firmware (reset default factory between each update)
- use an another smartphone (LG G5 wich is more powerfull then LG G3).
- use an earlier vs of DJI GO 4 (tried with both 4.1.5 and 4.2.6)
- use OTG or WIFI connection

Every time I click on paroranma, the signal is lost with this message "Aircraft disconnected". No possibility to land. I must grab the Spark and turn it on a side to stop the motors.

What is wrong ? I can believe the smartphone is the problem. Should I return the Spark on guarantee (I buy it on september 2019) ?
2018-11-19
Use props
djiuser_fxtbxOCVDiwT
lvl.1
France

additional informations (can't edit my previous post, sorry)
- tried with Pocophone F1 and last vs of DJI GO 4 ==> same results !
2018-11-19
Use props
djiuser_fxtbxOCVDiwT
lvl.1
France

So, after tchat with the Dji's online support, Spark is on the way to Netherland. They agree that the unit is disfonctionnal.
2018-11-23
Use props
jcforbes034
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44108 ft

United States

anyone can help me because if i click the photos on dji go 4 app my dji spark disconnects
2020-2-5
Use props
g2gg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269738 ft
Romania

Hello,
I have similar problem, when i push the photo button the aircraft is disconnecting, then starts the return to home and soon after is reconnecting back.
I use OTG cable and i run DJI GO 4 version 4.3.37 from an Iphone X. Any hints?
2020-6-8
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

g2gg Posted at 6-8 09:30
Hello,
I have similar problem, when i push the photo button the aircraft is disconnecting, then starts the return to home and soon after is reconnecting back.
I use OTG cable and i run DJI GO 4 version 4.3.37 from an Iphone X. Any hints?

Yes. Firmware downgrade 0701 (last bringing new knowledge).
Use another phone (Android). Install DJIGO4 mod2 https://sparkpilots.com/threads/ ... pp-ver-4-1-15.3841/ and use an OTG cable.
This combination is very stable for me (and many others).
2020-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules