When my Mavic 2 Pro records video, it makes brief pauses each 4 s...
973 6 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edith
lvl.3
Flight distance : 277733 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Purchased within 8 days
Noticing slight video freezes (like a couple frames) and sometimes a consistent choppy/stuttering when panning.
MP4 highest bit rate, 1080p 30fps and 4k 30fps. Using the internal memory, and also on a Samsung 64GB EVO U3.
Drone: Mavic 2 Pro with last firmware
Android 8.0.0
Samsung  Galaxy S8 64gb SM-G950F
DJI GO 4 v. 4.3.4

Link video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nn9bpadg5blqyr/DJI_0013.MP4?dl=0

2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day edith. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I do apologize for the troubles you had recently.  The mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S8 ) you are using isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO 4. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. Have you used a device from the list below to test it?  Thank you and for reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.

2018-11-18
Use props
edith
lvl.3
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-18 09:40
Hello and good day edith. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I do apologize for the troubles you had recently.  The mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S8 ) you are using isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO 4. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. Have you used a device from the list below to test it?  Thank you and for reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.

[view_image]

But I have a p4 and the s8 always worked well
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the quick reply edith. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team as of the moment are testing multiple devices to be added to the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro for future used. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2018-11-18
Use props
Grumps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16610876 ft
United States

I'm not sure I understand how the mobile device can affect the video recording on the drone. The mobile device only turns the video on or off and the drone does not run the video through the mobile device before recording it on the card. In fact, you don't even need a mobile device connected to take video, only to watch it live. Try taking off with no device attached to the RC and record some video to see if you get the same result. I'm betting you do and the drone needs to be replaced.
2018-11-18
Use props
edith
lvl.3
  • >>>
Portugal

Already tested with compatible devices and also tested without any device only with RC, sometimes it writes the video well and others do not (50% / 50%)
2018-11-19
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Grumps Posted at 11-18 11:06
I'm not sure I understand how the mobile device can affect the video recording on the drone. The mobile device only turns the video on or off and the drone does not run the video through the mobile device before recording it on the card. In fact, you don't even need a mobile device connected to take video, only to watch it live. Try taking off with no device attached to the RC and record some video to see if you get the same result. I'm betting you do and the drone needs to be replaced.

Because as soon as you have a phone that is not in the supported list, the reason for your problems is the phone! [/irony off]

The list is outdated as hell and DJI is not even bothering to update it.
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules