Digital Zoom feature - where/how?
4900 10 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ff22
Second Officer
United States

There's reference that the Zoom has optical zoom and also DIGITAL zoom?  In the manual I only see reference to Digital once.  How does one enable Digital zoom?

As long as I'm asking camera questions (and I admit my skills and use have been very limited by flying conditions):  Can the camera move left and right independent of the drone's direction.  In other words, I can tilt the camera up/down using the wheel on the controller.  Can the camera be pointed left/right as the drone flies straight forward.  I did just search the manual but may not know the proper terms for such action.

Thanks in advance.

2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, You can enable digital zoom by pinching the screen of your device via DJI Go 4 App. Also, you can control the Mavic 2’s gimbal movements from left to right on the device with the app or a connected pair of DJI Goggles. You can also rotate the gimbal left and right to a maximum angle of 75° when using Head Tracking mode on the DJI Goggles series. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.
2018-11-18
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

I did see you can pan left/right with the Mavic 2 units....

2018-11-18
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

Optical and Digital Zoom discussed here:

2018-11-18
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Thanks and extra thanks to White Ox for those video links.
2018-11-18
Use props
fansa421ced4
lvl.1
Malaysia

One question:

The 2x digital zoom only works on videos right? Cause mine in video mode have the 2x optical zoom and additional 2x digital zoom but in photo mode only 2x optical zoom available.
2018-11-25
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

In 2x Optical your video is being recorded in 4k but then it's being cropped to 2 digital which gives you 1080p so that's where you're going to be able to zoom into 96
2018-11-25
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Thanks for this question.. i was looking for it. Thanks to Natalia..
2018-12-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-18 12:38
Hi there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, You can enable digital zoom by pinching the screen of your device via DJI Go 4 App. Also, you can control the Mavic 2’s gimbal movements from left to right on the device with the app or a connected pair of DJI Goggles. You can also rotate the gimbal left and right to a maximum angle of 75° when using Head Tracking mode on the DJI Goggles series. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.

Thanks Natalia for answering the questionl I was wondering as well. as i was unable to find the digital settings. thanks again.
2018-12-1
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

White Ox Posted at 11-18 13:27
I did see you can pan left/right with the Mavic 2 units....

https://youtu.be/4e1rnfS8M1U

Thanks buddy great tip!
2018-12-2
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

White Ox Posted at 11-18 13:33
Optical and Digital Zoom discussed here:

https://youtu.be/R6jobgmpPB0