Enhanced warning zone
54395 24 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Ok so I got this warning today when I first took off with MA and wasn't sure about it so I cancelled the flight and went home.  Do I have the legal right to fly as long as I click the little blue circle accepting responsibility or does it mean that I am acknowleging that I'm breaking the law by flying anyway.  Just a little confused.  I mean if its illegal to fly why would even give you the option?  

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 5.40.50 PM.png
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern,  The Enhanced Warning Zones is a circular area that extends 2 km outwards from the perimeter of an Authorization Zone. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight. When a drone is approaching this area from the outside, the DJI GO app will issue a warning. Users must then confirm that they wish to continue flying. No worries, there's no illegal here. By clicking the blue circle, means you agreeing for the terms and condition. Thank you.
2018-11-18
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just check the box and fly. No problem.
Just keep an eye and ear out for any manned aircraft as it is telling you that you are near a recreational airport.
If you her or see any ac, descend or land.
2018-11-18
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 11-18 17:12
Just check the box and fly. No problem.
Just keep an eye and ear out for any manned aircraft as it is telling you that you are near a recreational airport.
If you her or see any ac, descend or land.

I don't fly over 200 feet high.  Do airplanes fly that low?  I'm thinking probably not.
2018-11-18
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Christine96 Posted at 11-18 17:32
I don't fly over 200 feet high.  Do airplanes fly that low?  I'm thinking probably not.

Supposed to be at least 500 feet from any person, vessel, or structure. So usually a minimum of 500 feet AGL is prudent, especially in today’s flight environment. Obviously stay out of runway heading.
2018-11-18
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only time they are that low (or lower) is when landing or on takeoff.
2018-11-18
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

well they start off at 0 AGL and eventually end up at 0 AGL as well..
2018-11-19
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 11-18 18:29
Only time they are that low (or lower) is when landing or on takeoff.

normally the only time.......

Still best to keep your whits about you if flying in an airspace by airfield.  Some times recreational pilots do silly things.

Also you want to  read the dJI terms and conditions etc. I suspect it simply absolves them of any responsibility for anything that happens inthe zone. Including the Drone going nuts on it's own.   
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 11-18 17:56
Supposed to be at least 500 feet from any person, vessel, or structure. So usually a minimum of 500 feet AGL is prudent, especially in today’s flight environment. Obviously stay out of runway heading.

unless of course you are .. wait for it.. near an airport where aircraft .. surprisingly and fairly routinely fly lower than 500 ft....
2018-11-19
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 05:33
well they start off at 0 AGL and eventually end up at 0 AGL as well..

Oh you think?  I thought they just sort of lived up there.  
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Christine96 Posted at 11-19 15:45
Oh you think?  I thought they just sort of lived up there.

hehe ... good one...

more seriously since humor doesnt seem to work around here...

it depends on the NFZ area you are in and the rules of that particular country, facility, state and local municipality ..

in short I would not trust someone else with making this decision for you as it does not absolve you of responsibility should you infract the law or cause death, injury or damage...

"Just a little confused.  I mean if its illegal to fly why would even give you the option?  "

they are giving you the option because you as the pilot in command have the final say in the flight and at least in their eyes its not a restricted no fly area so they can't make the final determination of legality or safety..

its on you...

2018-11-19
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Update:  I checked Air Map for this location and I was actually a pretty good distance outside the EWZ.  So why did I get the warning if I wasn't in the zone.  

2018-11-20
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Christine96 Posted at 11-20 07:21
Update:  I checked Air Map for this location and I was actually a pretty good distance outside the EWZ.  So why did I get the warning if I wasn't in the zone.  

[view_image]

all good questions.. that apparently they won't answer as I have now asked an admin twice since in the Go 4 app .. since the 'shift' to a new NFZ provider. the maps are no longer in agreement

if you go into the 3 bars in the upper right corner and look at GEO they have the new 'shaped' NFZ that have runway extensions.. it in no way matches what you see on the map in camera view while flying .. so which will the app ground/warn with and which database is in the 'bird' now..?  

like I said however.. don't use any map or service blindly.. do your own homework for areas that you fly to ensure you don't fly someplace that you can't defend your decision..

2018-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Christine96 Posted at 11-20 07:21

[view_image]

You got the warning because you were close to flying in the zone, it’s not a geo fenced zone so it’s up to you as the pilot to make sure you don’t enter the parameters of the airport or airstrip. It’s basically giving you control under your own volition to be responsible. Something many have asked for so should be good for all.
2018-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can turn off enhanced warning zones within the app Christine. Just ensure to stay away from the yellow and of course the red zones.
2018-11-20
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 11-20 09:05
You can turn off enhanced warning zones within the app Christine. Just ensure to stay away from the yellow and of course the red zones.

Oh I didn't know it could be turned off though I would prefer to leave it on so I know where they are.
2018-11-20
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-20 07:26
all good questions.. that apparently they won't answer as I have now asked an admin twice since in the Go 4 app .. since the 'shift' to a new NFZ provider. the maps are no longer in agreement

if you go into the 3 bars in the upper right corner and look at GEO they have the new 'shaped' NFZ that have runway extensions.. it in no way matches what you see on the map in camera view while flying .. so which will the app ground/warn with and which database is in the 'bird' now..?  

I don't see any three bars only three dots.  I clicked the 3 dots but saw nothing referring to GEO.
2018-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Christine96 Posted at 11-20 10:53
Oh I didn't know it could be turned off though I would prefer to leave it on so I know where they are.

Just the enhanced area - not the restricted zone. It is a good idea to be aware though and keep it on as you say.
2018-11-20
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Christine96 Posted at 11-20 11:02
I don't see any three bars only three dots.  I clicked the 3 dots but saw nothing referring to GEO.

the three bars on the start page .. not the 3 dots in camera view

2018-11-20
Use props
fansabf0e7f1
New

United States

I have been trying for an hour to unlock an enhanced warning zone area.  It say to click on the pin and I have done that a million times.  It will not do anything.  I have flown here a million times before and have never had any trouble going to and setting up a pre-flight.  Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!!
2019-4-14
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

Christine96 Posted at 2018-11-18 17:32

Hi Christine96

In my area the only planes flying low, (not taking off or landing), are crop dusters.  They are, for the most part, not more than 50 to 75 feet AGL while dusting.  However, they can be heard coming from a long way off.  When I hear them, I land and go home.  

Fly safe.
Chuck
2019-4-16
Use props
VideoLife_FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5295545 ft
Croatia

I know this is an old topic, but I would like precise information on whether I am allowed to fly with DJI FPV in this exact location.
I recently flew there at a height of 5-10 meters (N mode), although I was informed before take-off that it is possible for the drone to remain in hover (out of my control).
And I was flying over the sea, so it wasn't a very pleasant feeling.
Considering that I will soon go to that location again to take a short shot, also at a height of max. 10 meters, please someone give me the correct information - can I shoot there without obtaining a permit, and at the same time the drone does not hover without my control.
2022-8-20
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Christine96 Posted at 2018-11-18 17:32

I do not know the area of where you were going to fly, but in the area of where I do fly, there have been law enforcement helicopters as low as 100 feet.  Those folks fly where and when they feel they should, and will discuss it later.    The Model Aircraft Club I belong too, uses a very large Model Airplane flying park which is located in the take-off altitude gain area/landing approach area to the airport.  I get the notice you mention quite a bit, and other than the need to take my eyes off the craft to read and react to the notice, not a bother.  Enjoy flying . . .
2022-8-26
Use props
djiuser_Nc7UyD3Dag5t
New

United States

Hi all. I took off in Monterey CA this am. I got about 50' up and got a warning I am in an enhanced warning zone. I clicked ok, and was going to return to home to figure out what I needed to do. That's about the time the drone fell straight down to it's doom. Was my drone disabled during flight by some outside entity or the software?
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_sEDfDQ3eUgoF
New
United Kingdom

Is the enhanced warning zone around London restricted or just a warning, as other alls say it’s completely restricted but DJI fly says enhanced warning, so can I fly there
2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules