Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 Pro+ Maps - they don't work!
405 4 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rangioran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99049 ft

United Kingdom

It would appear that I'm probably in for a little rude awakening - but here goes.

After owning a P4 with iPad 4 Mini and simply loving it I decided I wanted a Pro so that I got all of the added collision avoidance, and more importantly - the 1" sensor with 20 megapixel! Here's where I reckon I then went wrong.
Figuring that if it has a + then it simply has to be better, see my logic here guys?
Anyhow, yes, the drone is superb and the camera is simply wonderful - however, and here it comes - with the GL300E controller I no longer have the rather excellent little map in the corner of my screen showing me where my drone is and indicating it's present heading. Now I have an empty grey box and no idea which way I'm heading without keeping the drone close enough to clearly see the red LED's.
Seems that in the process of getting that really super bright Android tablet on the controler (and I really do like the whole idea of an integrated display) DJI dropped the ball on the map and compass thing.
So, I have two questions -

1) Can I get the map to operate as per P4 standard?

2) Can I install something like Litchi (presently with latest firmware DJI prevent this) to replace DJI GO 4?

Your assistance appreciated.

2018-11-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What a screwy system.  I hope that you can get it working correctly. Soon.

That sounds like a headache upon a nightmare.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-18
Use props
AirXact
lvl.3
Flight distance : 629800 ft
United States

Believe you can sync your P4 controller with the P4+ when you want use Map
2018-11-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried to use the controller somewhere it can get internet data with wifi so it can load the map?
2018-11-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What about trying  a cell phone, as a wifi hot spot?

RedHotPoker

2018-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules