Full Reset
1055 5 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1175272 ft
United States

Is there anyway to reset the drone as if it has never come out of the box? I mean settings, updates, the whole shabang.

2018-11-19
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

In your GO 4 App there is a banner that will let you "Restore Default Settings" as far as the Firmware goes You can use DJI Assistant 2 but, I believe you can only go back one version > .100 which is stable
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May I know the reason why you need to full reset your drone? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Once activated, she will be permanently attached to whoever with DJI account performed the activation. It's like a defloration, you can't reverse this and reach "still-in-the-box" virgin state of any DJI product. That aside, some FW versions aren't reversible or reversible only a step or two back. With Inspire 2 you can choose to remain on .0100 or upgrade to recently released .0300 official version, avoiding troubled .0200.
2018-11-19
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1175272 ft
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-19 16:20
Once activated, she will be permanently attached to whoever with DJI account performed the activation. It's like a defloration, you can't reverse this and reach "still-in-the-box" virgin state of any DJI product. That aside, some FW versions aren't reversible or reversible only a step or two back. With Inspire 2 you can choose to remain on .0100 or upgrade to recently released .0300 official version, avoiding troubled .0200.

In all honesty its the newest precise fly database update(geo-fencing) that I want to reverse. They've gone too far this time. Not only has it gone from a simple outer/inner circle border sytem to a absolute mess of overlapping circles and other random geometric shapes that done make sense. But they've implemented reduced altitude zones that aren't near any airports, heliports, or aircraft routes. They've extended both the Dulles and DC no-fly zones by 3/4 of a mile in every direction. I can't fly at work. I can't fly at home. I understand the need for safety with these machines but the areas they're restricting pose no danger to manned aircraft.
2018-11-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

sdeardorff1 Posted at 11-30 00:29
In all honesty its the newest precise fly database update(geo-fencing) that I want to reverse. They've gone too far this time. Not only has it gone from a simple outer/inner circle border sytem to a absolute mess of overlapping circles and other random geometric shapes that done make sense. But they've implemented reduced altitude zones that aren't near any airports, heliports, or aircraft routes. They've extended both the Dulles and DC no-fly zones by 3/4 of a mile in every direction. I can't fly at work. I can't fly at home. I understand the need for safety with these machines but the areas they're restricting pose no danger to manned aircraft.

DJI announced these changes in the forum(showing the bowtie image/ icon). Your FW will not fix this situation.
The changes are made in the Go 4 App. If you are using iOS, it is very difficult to go back to the earlier version. Plenty of Youtube videos on that subject.

Sorry you are having troubles, I guess DJI is under pressure to keep raising the restriction bar that will eventually ruin this hobby.

Rich
2018-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules