Osmo Mobile 2 - tripod base
5905 9 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

I'm interested if other people have bought the DJI base or a mini tripod.

I bought this...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GST1C2Z

It's metal and very sturdy. I found it almost fits into the hole in the case which was designed for the USB cable. So I modified my case removing a bit of the foam so it now fits. Personally I think this is a neater and more stable solution than the base. In fact it's such a good combo I think it's a real shame it doesn't ship like this.
2018-11-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great tripod, thanks for sharing it
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day bjashton. Thank you for sharing this information with us today.  Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to use a third-party devices on your DJI devices because we are unable to ensure the compatibility and the reliability of the said device. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-19
Use props
Smiffy62
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9675 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen I don't get why you posted about not recommending third party products, especially a tripod with a standard tripod screw. Surely the Oslo Mobile 2  was designed to use on a tripod which is why it has a standard female tripod mount in the base?
I have used mine on all kinds of tripods, bases and poles without any problems. For me these bases such as the one bjashton has posted are far better, more stable easier to carry and less costly than the base DJI makes, maybe as bjashton suggested DJI should make such a base and ship it with the Osmo Mobile 2?
Just a thought....
2018-11-19
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-19 06:27
Hello and good day bjashton. Thank you for sharing this information with us today.  Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to use a third-party devices on your DJI devices because we are unable to ensure the compatibility and the reliability of the said device. Thanks for your understanding.

Sorry but that is ridiculous and not true.

See...
https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile-2/info#specs

And specifically...
2.What is the size of the mounting hole at the bottom of the gimbal? What accessories does it support?
The mounting hole at the bottom of the Osmo Mobile 2 is the standard 1/4 – 20 UNC thread. It is compatible with the Osmo Mobile 2 Base, Osmo Tripod, and other third-party accessories.

It's a standard tripod mount. The standard is defined in ISO 1222:2010. To ensure it's compatible you just ensure it follows the standard. Which DJI appear to have done.

I'm all for avoiding non-original batteries, propellers, chargers, etc. But this is taking that principal of 3rd party compatibility too far. For example the Osmo Mobile 2 doesn't come with a charger. It uses any standard USB charger. So I can only assume that DJI are capable of ensuring that it works with 3rd party accessories such as a charger.
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool looking tripod
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bjashton Posted at 11-19 07:21

See...

Hi, sorry for the confusion. I think DJI Stephen means that we have to be careful of using the third party accessories as this may damage your unit and lead to warranty avoidance. Based on the link that you've provided it seems that the Osmo tripod is solid and it is a great accessory. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice tripod.
I bought the articulating arm (from DJI) and use it with an ordinary tripod.
Works great for Osmo Mobile 1.
2018-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

bjashton Posted at 11-19 07:21

See...

Don't worry.
It is a standard reply they have to give.
Because it is true.
DJI does not recommend 3rd party addons.
But in this case you are good to go if you ask me
2018-11-22
Use props
mr.angelgil
New
United States

Perhaps you should not nickle and dime your costumers to death.  You could have simply included the desktop tripod with the Osmo Mobile 2 as your competitors do.  
Remember, there are other manufactures in this game, and you will not be the only top player in town forever, and when that happens, your customers will remember how you treated them.
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules