Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air does not move forward or backward
16051 34 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smellytoes
lvl.1
Indonesia

As per the title, my MA does not move forward or back in normal flight. Forward and backward only works when the MA is in landing mode. I have tried recal. the IMU and restoring the gain and expo, and recal. the compass. Still the same problems.

HELP!
2018-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What stick mode are you using ?
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. We do feel sorry for the troubles you had recently with your aircraft. I understand that you have already did some troubleshooting as mentioned above. However, have you tried calibrating the remote controller? Have you seen some errors before the flight? What is your stick mode with the remote? Kindly hit the "reply" tab for me to notify. Thank you.

2018-11-19
Use props
smellytoes
lvl.1
Malaysia

hi I've not tried recalibrating the remote. How do I do this?

This problem occured after a landing from a short flight. During that short flight a popup came up and disappeared regarding an APAS issue I think.
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

smellytoes Posted at 11-19 02:04
hi I've not tried recalibrating the remote. How do I do this?

This problem occured after a landing from a short flight. During that short flight a popup came up and disappeared regarding an APAS issue I think.

Switch on the RC only and connect to the app over your device (do not turn on the drone). Then enter camera view (blank screen) and enter RC settings - in there you will see the option to calibrate. Follow the on screen prompts carefully then reboot the RC and turn on the drone to link. It should be fixed. Also check the mode setting your sticks are assigned to - mode 2, for example (default setting) will pitch the drone forward and backward and roll the drone left and right with the right stick - other modes change the stick orientation.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Just to be clear: can it be possible the obstacle avoidance sensors are reacting? You mentioned this first happened when you were landing.
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJIJAKOB Posted at 11-19 07:05
Just to be clear: can it be possible the obstacle avoidance sensors are reacting? You mentioned this first happened when you were landing.

Thats another possibility - VPS can also be calibrated in Assistant 2
2018-11-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I assume you are flying where there are no obstacles in front or behind you ?
2018-11-19
Use props
smellytoes
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJIJAKOB Posted at 11-19 07:05

i thought that was the case too, untill i went somewhere clear and same issues came up
2018-11-19
Use props
smellytoes
lvl.1
Indonesia

A CW Posted at 11-19 02:17
Switch on the RC only and connect to the app over your device (do not turn on the drone). Then enter camera view (blank screen) and enter RC settings - in there you will see the option to calibrate. Follow the on screen prompts carefully then reboot the RC and turn on the drone to link. It should be fixed. Also check the mode setting your sticks are assigned to - mode 2, for example (default setting) will pitch the drone forward and backward and roll the drone left and right with the right stick - other modes change the stick orientation.

Tried this, same problem persists
2018-11-19
Use props
smellytoes
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-19 01:58
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. We do feel sorry for the troubles you had recently with your aircraft. I understand that you have already did some troubleshooting as mentioned above. However, have you tried calibrating the remote controller? Have you seen some errors before the flight? What is your stick mode with the remote? Kindly hit the "reply" tab for me to notify. Thank you.

[view_image]

calibration of remote and drone done. problem persists. strange thing is, forward and backward works when landing mode is enabled.
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

smellytoes Posted at 11-19 17:44
Tried this, same problem persists

May be a faulty drone... Finish trouble shooting and if it persists you'll need to return it. It happens!
2018-11-19
Use props
Adam_Kuzniar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1036217 ft
Poland

Can you record your screen while the problem occurs?
Could you upload the fight logs from a flight where the problem occured?

Both of these could help us investigate your issue!
2018-11-20
Use props
Noé Paganotto
New
Argentina

i have the same problem... and i tried everything you sent... What can i do?!
2018-11-20
Use props
smellytoes
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-19 01:58

[view_image]

I think this is a remote control issue. I tried controlling the drone with just my mobile without the RC, and the drone works fine. Flying backward and forward as normal.
2018-11-20
Use props
smellytoes
lvl.1
Indonesia

Noé Paganotto Posted at 11-20 12:21

does it work ok without the remote control? i just tried without the rc and it works normally
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

smellytoes Posted at 11-20 17:52
I think this is a remote control issue. I tried controlling the drone with just my mobile without the RC, and the drone works fine. Flying backward and forward as normal.

Hi, have you tried fly in a open area and calibrate the remote controller? Thank you.
2018-11-22
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Move the stick on the right in an upwards motion to go forwards and in a downwards motion to go backwards. My pleasure.
2018-11-22
Use props
smellytoes
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 01:48
Hi, have you tried fly in a open area and calibrate the remote controller? Thank you.

yes remote is calibrated, and i have tried it in an open area. Again, controlling it with my mobile allows it to go gorward and backward. Is there somethint I am missing from the remote?

Ive flown this drone over a few months without any issues, is it possible the recent firmware update to the remote caused this?
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

smellytoes Posted at 11-22 02:34
yes remote is calibrated, and i have tried it in an open area. Again, controlling it with my mobile allows it to go gorward and backward. Is there somethint I am missing from the remote?

Ive flown this drone over a few months without any issues, is it possible the recent firmware update to the remote caused this?

Hi, when was the last time you updated the firmware? Below is the latest firmware of the aircraft and the remote controller.

You may also try to refresh the firmware of your aircraft via the DJI Assistant 2.  Make sure that the remote controller has the updated version. Mavic Air remote controller's firmwares can be updated by using DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2.

DJI GO 4 : Power on the remote controller. Launch DJI GO 4. A "New firmware update is available!" is shown on the screen of the app.Tap it to enter the remote controller firmware download screen. Tap "Download Now". Once updated, an "Update Complete" prompt will be shown. Tap "OK". Restart the aircraft and remote controller.
DJI Assistant 2: Power on the Remote controller. Connect the remote controller to your PC or Mac with a USB cable. Ensure that the PC is connected to the internet.Launch DJI Assistant 2 and select "Mavic Air". Select the corresponding firmware version and click "UPGRADE". Once updated, restart the remote controller. Hope this helps. If everything still fails after you did everything, you may contact our support team for us to help you. Thank you.

PRODUCT SUPPORT
2018-11-22
Use props
smellytoes
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 03:23
Hi, when was the last time you updated the firmware? Below is the latest firmware of the aircraft and the remote controller.

[view_image]

Firmware updated. Flies fine now
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

smellytoes Posted at 11-25 17:36
Firmware updated. Flies fine now

Hi, that is good to know. Glad it's working fine now. We're looking forward for your videos/photos soon. Thank you.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Noé Paganotto Posted at 11-20 12:21

Hi Noé , sorry to hear that. Since you mentioned you have the same problem, kindly update the firmware of your aircraft. I've posted in #20 post below for more information. Hope this helps.
2018-11-26
Use props
Gman4MF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57861 ft

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-11-19 01:58

[view_image]

I have the same issue

Tried everything:
Downgrade/upgrade software
Calibrate compass
Calibrate RC
Upgrade geofencing

Have yet tot try open space...
Explanatory:
Flew in from Europe (NL) tot Bali (Sanur) yesterday.
Today trying prepping it on the local compound to get it  up/down/left/right/back/forward with batteries full & updated all necessary.
Back home all worked well. But here on Bali (Sanur) backwards and forwards doesn't work at all...
Will try later to fly in an open space and see if that works...

Anymore tips/help is welcome.
I have no access to a computer btw, as i am travelling...
2019-10-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Gman4MF Posted at 10-4 20:56
I have the same issue

Tried everything:

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Did you receive an error message in the application when you experience the issue? Yes, can you please try to fly in different locations to see if the problem persists? Also, make sure to calibrate the IMU as well. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-10-5
Use props
Gman4MF
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-5 09:42
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Did you receive an error message in the application when you experience the issue? Yes, can you please try to fly in different locations to see if the problem persists? Also, make sure to calibrate the IMU as well. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

It seems to be working
Did all calibrations ofcourse.

First tried flying on open location  (beach) without remote (samsung s8+)
Few days later with remote on open space (top of hill aabove ricefields & above houses, same results)
Back&forwards works fine.
But now other problems surfaced:
1. app crashes frequently during  & before/after flight  
2. Wi-Fi & image connection frequently lost within 20 meters !!!

Restarting phone gave same results.
Phone is clean & has plenty of space (approx 35 gb)
2019-10-8
Use props
Gman4MF
lvl.2

It seems to be working

Few days later with remote on open space (top of hill aabove ricefields & above houses, same results)

2019-10-8
Use props
Gman4MF
lvl.2

It seems to be working

2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Gman4MF Posted at 10-8 02:04
It seems to be working

Thank you for the additional information provided. Can you please try to sync all of your flight records in the DJI Go 4 application and try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists? Also, after uninstall, kindly please relink the aircraft to RC and check if you still encounter the same problem. You may refer to the tutorial below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding.

2019-10-8
Use props
Gman4MF
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-8 11:14
Thank you for the additional information provided. Can you please try to sync all of your flight records in the DJI Go 4 application and try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the problem persists? Also, after uninstall, kindly please relink the aircraft to RC and check if you still encounter the same problem. You may refer to the tutorial below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding.

Update:
The Dji Go 4 app crashes consistently when trying to access the intelligent flight modes during flight...
Plz Note this problem occurs with the recently purchased mavic air, not my other drone the Phantom 4 advanced plus.

Just now i read your instructions, so i:
- Synced flight records (never did before so might be missing some info, especially from my other drone, p4 advanced plus)
- uninstalled & reinstalled DJI go 4
- relinked RC with mavic air
- Will ASAP fly with the mavic air & check if the problem still persists and report back here
Edit & update:
Managed to get into intelligent flight mode after crashing DJI go app at first. Then put my phone (S8+) into airplane mode, then it it worked... Tried active tracking which worked at 1st, after flying a while i let it come closer , when trying to get out of intelligent flight mode the app crashed again.
Looks like the DJI GO app needs some work/updating  if you ask me...
2019-10-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Gman4MF Posted at 10-13 13:33
Update:
The Dji Go 4 app crashes consistently when trying to access the intelligent flight modes during flight...
Plz Note this problem occurs with the recently purchased mavic air, not my other drone the Phantom 4 advanced plus.

Hi, thank you for the update. Can you please try to use a different mobile device that has a DJI Go 4 application on it and check if the problem persists on the other mobile device? Also, can you please provide us a screenshot showing the version of your current DJI Go 4 application installed on your Samsung S8+ for us to better isolate the problem. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
2019-10-15
Use props
Gman4MF
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-15 12:34
Hi, thank you for the update. Can you please try to use a different mobile device that has a DJI Go 4 application on it and check if the problem persists on the other mobile device? Also, can you please provide us a screenshot showing the version of your current DJI Go 4 application installed on your Samsung S8+ for us to better isolate the problem. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Managed to briefly borrow a samsung galaxy note9. Installed latest go4 app via playstore. Cleaned memory 3gb ram free, stopped all background apps.  phone in airplane mode.
Djo go Crash occured twice during intelligent flightmode
Max distance before signal lost around 300 meters = plm  
1000 feet.

Afterwards used my own galaxy s8 plus. Same settings.
Managed to access several intelligent flight modes.
App crashed frequently though, at least 4 or 5 times.
Max distance before signal lost around 200 meters = plm  
650 feet.

Both instances flew in same area.... open space above the ocean/beach. Flight time each around 14 minutes

Screenshot_20191016-120007.jpg
2019-10-16
Use props
Gman4MF
lvl.2
Indonesia

unnamed.gif
2019-10-22
Use props
djiuser_0tVy7qnLgf7m
New

Israel

Mine is stuck too and don't fly forward or backward.
Don't know what to do
2020-4-20
Use props
MA2Driver75
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_0tVy7qnLgf7m:

I realize this post is from 2020, but I'm having same issue with my MA2.  Could you share how you resolved it?   Thanks!
2022-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules