1359 11 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
la_panza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1123133 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello, Has anyone found a way to plug an angled lightning connector in an iphone plus while it's mounted on the Osmo?
I own the first Osmo mobile, if I want it to be balanced, I have to let it touch the tilt motor roll, so there is  absolutely no room for a connector...
I was thinking to upgrade to Osmo Mobile 2, I never had one in my hands, but i'm afraid the problem is the same...

As an alternative, is it possible to mount a counterweight in order to balance the phone away from the motor?

Thanks..  Adolfo

2018-11-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Purchase a 90 degree charging cable
2018-11-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Take this as an example https://www.amazon.com/Compatibl ... ?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3
2018-11-19
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

jacksonnai Posted at 11-19 05:30
Take this as an example https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Charger-aceyoon-Charging-Connector/dp/B078KRRX2S?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

I do have many, but there is no place to plug them in, as I wrote above...
2018-11-19
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I use a right angle charging cable with my iPhone 6 on the OSMO Mobile 2 all the time with no problem.  You just have to balance it with the phone shifted slightly to the left to make room for the connector.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I'm afraid that the cable will still hit the motor of the Osmo mobile 2 unless you move the phone a little bit, or you could put your mobile device on vertical position to charge your phone while it is installed to your Osmo mobile 2. Please let us know if you have other concern. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

la_panza Posted at 11-19 12:23
I do have many, but there is no place to plug them in, as I wrote above...

Yup just as LouisP said
Place the phone slightly to the front so that there will have place for the connector, then try to balance the phone again by adjusting the arm  
2018-11-19
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

LouisP Posted at 11-19 12:26
I use a right angle charging cable with my iPhone 6 on the OSMO Mobile 2 all the time with no problem.  You just have to balance it with the phone shifted slightly to the left to make room for the connector.

You all are suggesting actions I've obviously tried, otherwise I  would net be here to ask... I  see I keep being not understood, maybe because of my poor English knowledge... I apologize for this..

so.  let's summarize:
Mine is iphone SEVEN PLUS,, bigger  than iphone 6..
Mine is OSMO MOBILE first version, not Mobile 2

I have extended the arm of the gimbal completely out, and nevertheless, the phone can't be balanced unless it's pushed completely against the   "rubber guide" ..

Doing this, the lightning connector is obstructed by the rubber guide itself...  absolutely nothing can be inserted in between...

if I try to leave a little clearange between the phone and the motor / rubber guide, there is no way to have it balanced...

I find strange I'm the only one having this problem..

Cheers,,

2018-11-20
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

jacksonnai Posted at 11-19 17:57
Yup just as LouisP said
Place the phone slightly to the front so that there will have place for the connector, then try to balance the phone again by adjusting the arm

what do you mean by "to the front?  if I keep the phone inside the "grooves" it can be moved towards the motor or backwards..  but the only position to keep it in balance is pushed competely towards the motor, even with the arm fully extended...
2018-11-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

la_panza Posted at 11-20 04:23
what do you mean by "to the front?  if I keep the phone inside the "grooves" it can be moved towards the motor or backwards..  but the only position to keep it in balance is pushed competely towards the motor, even with the arm fully extended...

How about some cable similar like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ribbon- ... lack/dp/B07GX96K14/
It is super thin
Well it is usb c you can find for the lightning one

2018-11-20
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

jacksonnai Posted at 11-20 04:54
How about some cable similar like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ribbon- ... lack/dp/B07GX96K14/
It is super thin
Well it is usb c you can find for the lightning one

at the end I bought a counter weight...  now I can leave a clearance and use a cable similar to the one you showed above..  thanks....
2018-11-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

la_panza Posted at 11-28 08:55
at the end I bought a counter weight...  now I can leave a clearance and use a cable similar to the one you showed above..  thanks....

You're welcome mate
Happy shooting
2018-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules