DJI GO 4 version 4.3.4 - Bug with Image Transmission Settings?
2702 3 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure it is a bug, probably the way the app works but it's a bit annoying.

When using my phone Huawei P20 Pro with the DJI Go 4 app version 4.3.4. If i change some of the following settings: Channel, Channel Mode, Bandwith Allocation & Image Transmission Mode and then leave the Image Transmission Settings, then all my changes are saved.

Screenshot_20181119-085843.jpg

Screenshot_20181119-085907.jpg

Screenshot_20181119-085919.jpg

However, as soon as i power cycle my Mavic 2 Zoom (turn if off then turn if on back), most of my changes are lost, only the option Image Transmission Mode seems to be saved and restored correctly.

Screenshot_20181119-085804.jpg

Screenshot_20181119-090038.jpg

Screenshot_20181119-090048.jpg

Is it a normal behavior from the app with the Ocusync 2? Or should not be all my changes actually saved and restored on next start? Anyway it's a little bit annoying because i have to perform all these changes every single time i turn on my aircraft.

2018-11-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It looks like it's defaulting to the settings that will give best performance at that moment.
2018-11-19
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

My mavic pro, and phantom 4 pro do this too...what its doing is actually just picking the best image transmission settings for the location u are flying...and thats key here because alot of the times we pilots do not fly in the same spot. Or there is interference. So it picks best settings . So yes everytime u boot up just quick pick your settings, takes 1 minute, fly, #profit

P.s. not a bug
2018-11-21
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

$gambino$ Posted at 11-21 19:47
My mavic pro, and phantom 4 pro do this too...what its doing is actually just picking the best image transmission settings for the location u are flying...and thats key here because alot of the times we pilots do not fly in the same spot. Or there is interference. So it picks best settings . So yes everytime u boot up just quick pick your settings, takes 1 minute, fly, #profit

Why are you saying "we" pilots, are you implying i'm not one LOL

I understand perfectly how RF broadcasting is working and how the default settings is automatically scanning the whole spectrum of 2.4GHz/5.8GHz the Ocusync1/Ocusync2 is operating on and always try to select the best RF noises free channel.

A good pilot with some experience around RF signals knows that broadcasting constantly on the same channel with a minimum of bandwith allocation is good for the range especially in a RF noisy location.

But the point is not really there, as a software engineer, in most companies i had chance to work with, this behavior would be considered as a bug since there is no indication telling you that your preferential settings would be overwritten to default on next aircraft reboot.

It's actually bug and a regression since my P3A and P4 with a more older version of DJI Go and DJI Go 4 app don't have this behavior and remember your previous  settings after power cycle the quad.
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules