3292 15 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been using the XT on an M600 for nearly 2 years with no problem. While finishing a thermal flight over a solar farm the XT suddenly went limp and was unresponsive to gimbal inputs. I can view the camera feed and can even take pictures while this is happening. I have no idea what is causing this. I purchased this UAV as soon as it was released so I have many flights on it and the aircraft has been flawless. No other cameras have this issue on the M600 when using the X5 and X3. The XT I'm using works fine on the Inspire 1 Pro airframe so I'm fairly convinced that it's not a problem with XT camera, maybe. I have checked all the connections focusing on the power plugs. I've looked at ALL the pins under a magnifying glass and can't see any issues. Pins and connectors have been clean and a very small amount of dielectric grease applied. All the firmware on the aircraft and camera are current. The other thing is that this problem is very random. I may fly several full flights with no problem and then it will happen with no warning. I can land and reboot the UAV and the camera will continue working. Then fly for several minutes and it will go limp again. Strange....Anyone.....DJI?
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi mikes1, sorry for the troubles with XT, may I have the firmware version of M600 and XT? Did you try to reset the camera settings and try different SD card?
2018-11-20
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-20 01:17
Hi mikes1, sorry for the troubles with XT, may I have the firmware version of M600 and XT? Did you try to reset the camera settings and try different SD card?

Mindy, yes to your questions and I'll get the firmware versions to you tonight. I didn't mention that I am having a similar issue with an X5 camera on my Inspire 1 Pro although it is a slightly different problem. When I boot the UAV the camera feed comes on but the camera will not go thru it's gimbal checks and remains limp as if there is no power to the gimbal motors. I can lightly tap the camera and then it connects and goes thru the boot sequence and everything works like it's suppose to. It's like there is a bad connection. Crazy thing is that it will not do this on the M600. The only thing I have not tried is to uninstall the Go App and reinstall it. That software is common to both of these issues. Anyway, the X5 is another issue we can address at another time. I really need to figure out what is going on with the XT. I use this commercially and performing SAR.
2018-11-20
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-20 01:17

Mindy, here are the numbers you asked for. In the meantime, I have deleted the Go App and reinstalled it. I'll try to fly some this weekend.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mikes1 Posted at 11-20 19:49
Mindy, here are the numbers you asked for. In the meantime, I have deleted the Go App and reinstalled it. I'll try to fly some this weekend.[view_image]

Thanks for the details, we will forward the issue to our engineers for further verification and come back to you later, thank you for your patience.
2018-11-22
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-22 03:18
Thanks for the details, we will forward the issue to our engineers for further verification and come back to you later, thank you for your patience.

You will probably have already seen this.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-166014-1-1.html
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mikes1 Posted at 11-26 19:30
You will probably have already seen this.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-166014-1-1.html

Yes, but the OP didn't come back to us, I have verified with our engineers that it could be related to the gimbal cable or the gimbal adapter, please double check if there is any damage on the CAN cable which connects the gimbal and the flight controller, the cable which connects the gimbal and the LB2 and the power cable as well. Besides, please check if there is any damage with the XT gimbal adapter, thank you.
2018-11-27
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-27 02:16
Yes, but the OP didn't come back to us, I have verified with our engineers that it could be related to the gimbal cable or the gimbal adapter, please double check if there is any damage on the CAN cable which connects the gimbal and the flight controller, the cable which connects the gimbal and the LB2 and the power cable as well. Besides, please check if there is any damage with the XT gimbal adapter, thank you.

Yes and no. I have checked all the connections on the gimbal side of the connections and can't see any issues. I'll look at the CAN connections and test later this weekend. It could be a pinched cable so we might need to replace all the cables associated with the camera. The other issue is trying to get this camera to except a firmware upgrade.  I have tried formatting the card using the computer and while in the camera. Tried two different computers. Attempted to install on the Inspire 1 Pro and the M600. Tried 3 different sd cards. I even connected the M600 to the assistance 2 thinking it might help but it just won't take the update. I"ll let you know what I find. Till then can you ask your engineers if they have a solution to the firmware issue? Thanks.
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mikes1 Posted at 11-27 04:16
Yes and no. I have checked all the connections on the gimbal side of the connections and can't see any issues. I'll look at the CAN connections and test later this weekend. It could be a pinched cable so we might need to replace all the cables associated with the camera. The other issue is trying to get this camera to except a firmware upgrade.  I have tried formatting the card using the computer and while in the camera. Tried two different computers. Attempted to install on the Inspire 1 Pro and the M600. Tried 3 different sd cards. I even connected the M600 to the assistance 2 thinking it might help but it just won't take the update. I"ll let you know what I find. Till then can you ask your engineers if they have a solution to the firmware issue? Thanks.

The latest firmware of XT is V01.31.0.00 (Matrice 600), it can only be updated via the SD card.
No matter you update XT with Inspire 1 or M600, please make sure the there is only one version of update file in the SD card. May I know when you uodate, is there any response or the firmware update is failed?

2018-11-29
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-29 02:59
The latest firmware of XT is V01.31.0.00 (Matrice 600), it can only be updated via the SD card.
No matter you update XT with Inspire 1 or M600, please make sure the there is only one version of update file in the SD card. May I know when you uodate, is there any response or the firmware update is failed?

Yes, I understand the current version is 1.31.0. I only have one version of firmware on the card. I did download the Inspire 1 and Matrice 600 versions and tried them on each UAV. I am including the results below after trying to upgrade. Is there a possibility that the remote controller has the issue? I get the same results on both aircraft so both controllers would have the same issue. I have deleted and reinstalled the Go App but get the same results. Maybe the XT is running the 1.31.0 firmware but the only way I can measure that is by looking at the Go App. UPDATE QUESTION: I don't know why the firmware on the remote is referred to but because I'm getting the same results on both aircraft and controllers is it possible that trying to link the controllers might have some effect? I just remembered that I attempted to use one as a slave almost two years ago but it didn't work. Wondering if a controller factory reset might work?

Packet: /mnt/card/MATRICE600_FLIR_FW_V01.31.0.00.bin,
Result: Aborted
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.
2018-11-29
Use props
bfortin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue with the firmware of my XT R. Updated all firmware of my M600 Pro and XT. No video feed in GS Pro, but I do have video feed in DJI Go. Tried deleting GS Pro and reinstalling. Apparently, the newest XT firmware is bad for the M600 because right after I updated it the XT Pro app on my phone  now doesn’t see my camera either.  Yes all my cables are correct, yes I have tried clean installs of apps. Yes I get success when installing firmwares, yet still my XT shows as the previous firmware version. Quite ridiculous for an “industrial grade” piece of equipment. And to top it off I can’t even find older versions to down grade the firmware.  
2020-3-4
Use props
daroner
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-29 02:59
The latest firmware of XT is V01.31.0.00 (Matrice 600), it can only be updated via the SD card.
No matter you update XT with Inspire 1 or M600, please make sure the there is only one version of update file in the SD card. May I know when you uodate, is there any response or the firmware update is failed?

Hi Mindy,

We run nightly infrared operations and have had troubles with the same issue from mikes1 for the past two years. We have done EVERYTHING. Updated XT Firmware, Updated Ring Firmware, Drone Firmware, multiple refreshes, purchased new XT adapters, used different sensors (we have 4 Xts), different adapters, brand new drones, old drones. You name it, we've done it. It does not seem to be Camera, adapter or drone specific. Has their been a solution to this issue?
2020-5-23
Use props
daroner
New

Canada

Hi mikes1, did DJI provide any solution for you!?
2020-5-23
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

daroner Posted at 5-23 20:39
Hi mikes1, did DJI provide any solution for you!?

No reply. Several months after posting this issue i noticed a new firmware available. Downloaded  and installed it on the first try. Have had no problems since the new firmware. Obviously they either had issues with the firmware or the installer.
2020-5-23
Use props
djiuser_I2fC9k5dXaLF
lvl.2

Uruguay

Hi i have the same problem with a matrice 100 it shows version 1.24 and i cant instal 1.31. DJI GO app works well but with DJI GS pro i can't fly well gimbal has problems.
Can you help me ?

Thanks!
2021-7-3
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_I2fC9k5dXaLF Posted at 7-3 20:17
Hi i have the same problem with a matrice 100 it shows version 1.24 and i cant instal 1.31. DJI GO app works well but with DJI GS pro i can't fly well gimbal has problems.
Can you help me ?

I would make sure that you get the firmware version from the XT webpage NOT while on any other UAV page. It has been my experience in the past that sometimes DJI has failed to update the firmware in multiple locations and by downloading while on the XT camera page you can be pretty sure it's correct and new. This may not be the problem but it's worth a try. Also, make sure all the apps are updated and you have an internet connection after everything is booted. Might want to try it at home and see if the system sees an old firmware. Good luck.
2021-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules