Mavic Air Controller not connecting to phone *PLEASE HELP!*
12372 17 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fynnsprott
lvl.1
Australia

Hey guys,So I recently got my new DJI Mavic Air and I can't get my phone (OPPO R9s) to connect properly with the controller. I have managed to pair the RC with the drone, as the green light lights up on the RC, but when I go though the pairing process on the Go4 app I get stuck on the 3rd stage. The cable is connected to my phone and RC correctly and I have followed all the steps but it just doesn't seem to be working. I also tried connecting through the camera view but the message *Confirm frequency settings?* pops up and nothing happens. Is anyone able to please help with my issue?     

Camera View

Camera View

Phone

Phone
2018-11-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I cant see a wire in that bottom picture. You need to connect your controller with a wire from the bottom large USB plug hole at the bottom of the controller to your phone plug hole. There should have been a number of wires for this in the mavic Air box. Did you read the instructions at all.

Also you sometimes need to unplug the wire from the controller to the phone again to get it to recognise it when all is switched on.

Also have you tried a different wire as perhaps your is faulty
2018-11-19
Use props
fynnsprott
lvl.1
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-19 23:08
I cant see a wire in that bottom picture. You need to connect your controller with a wire from the bottom large USB plug hole at the bottom of the controller to your phone plug hole. There should have been a number of wires for this in the mavic Air box. Did you read the instructions at all.

Also you sometimes need to unplug the wire from the controller to the phone again to get it to recognise it when all is switched on.

Yeah I have tried the wire that connects from the bottom off the controller to my phone but that didn't work either, mmmmm ill try a different phone maybe. thanks anyway!
2018-11-20
Use props
Adam_Kuzniar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1036217 ft
Poland

I had a similar issue recently - the phone didn't recognize the RC adapter and showed "remote controller connection problem" in the DJI GO 4 app. Solution? I got a standard usb-microusb cable and plugged it in the bottom port on the RC and the other end to the phone. It got instantly recognized and worked perfectly. Then I turned off the RC, unplugged the cable, plugged the original one (that goes to the side port) and it worked again. Try that, hopefully it helps!
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. You can back up your files and then reinstall the APP. Please make sure you download the latest version of DJI Go 4. You can also try a different cable so that we can isolate the issue. The other option is, you can use a regular USB cable and the connect your mobile device via standard USB cable to the bottom port of the remote. Make sure to remove the cable that is already connected on the side port of your remore controller before you connect the standard cable to the bottom port. Please check the attached file below for our recommended devices for your drone. Thanks for your support.

Mavic Air RC.png
2018-11-20
Use props
fynnsprott
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-20 06:03
Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. You can back up your files and then reinstall the APP. Please make sure you download the latest version of DJI Go 4. You can also try a different cable so that we can isolate the issue. The other option is, you can use a regular USB cable and the connect your mobile device via standard USB cable to the bottom port of the remote. Make sure to remove the cable that is already connected on the side port of your remore controller before you connect the standard cable to the bottom port. Please check the attached file below for our recommended devices for your drone. Thanks for your support.

Hey thanks for the tips, but it still wont let me get past step 3 on the remote connection to my drone. I tried a regular USB to micro USB from the middle of the RC. I also restated my phone and reinstalled the Go4 app but not having any success. I read about turning on USB debugging but that didn't help at all. My phone happily connects via WIFI so maybe its a problem between my phone and the RC? Sometimes when connected to RC my phone just keeps vibrating not sure what that means.      
2018-11-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fynnsprott Posted at 11-20 15:00
Hey thanks for the tips, but it still wont let me get past step 3 on the remote connection to my drone. I tried a regular USB to micro USB from the middle of the RC. I also restated my phone and reinstalled the Go4 app but not having any success. I read about turning on USB debugging but that didn't help at all. My phone happily connects via WIFI so maybe its a problem between my phone and the RC? Sometimes when connected to RC my phone just keeps vibrating not sure what that means.

Have you got a tablet you could try it with so that you can discount your phone as the issue
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fynnsprott Posted at 11-20 15:00
Hey thanks for the tips, but it still wont let me get past step 3 on the remote connection to my drone. I tried a regular USB to micro USB from the middle of the RC. I also restated my phone and reinstalled the Go4 app but not having any success. I read about turning on USB debugging but that didn't help at all. My phone happily connects via WIFI so maybe its a problem between my phone and the RC? Sometimes when connected to RC my phone just keeps vibrating not sure what that means.

I'm sorry to hear that. As of the moment, OPPO R9s is not yet optimized for your Mavic Air. Rest assured that we will keep improving our products to provide you more option when in terms of phone/tablet compatibility. Do you have a different mobile device or tablet that you can use so that we can check what is the main issue? Thanks for your support.
2018-11-21
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

The first thing I would have suspected was the phone, not on the list as above.... and now you have the answer from Dji Paladin...
2018-11-21
Use props
GoldEagle09
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220 ft
United States

Was this ever solved?

I just purchased the Mavic Air. This is my first drone purchase of its kind, and I have read countless forums on the issue. I do not wish to receive a generic answer because I have followed all of the steps and still no luck. I have a Google Pixel 2 XL (which is on the approved list), and when I first connected I connected via wifi without any issues. However, by just controlling with my phone over wifi I am limited significantly in range and the virtual joysticks on the screen are a nightmare. Therefore, I tried to connect via the wired connection and I am always stuck on step 3. Since then, I have done a factory reset on my phone, I have uninstalled the DJI GO 4 app many times, I have downgraded firmware and tried with each version to connect with no success. (My RC won't even register on the computer w/ windows 10) . I can connect the RC to the drone, or my phone via wifi, but I am not able to use the RC and my phone at the same time.

I have done the USB debugging and still it is unsuccessful. My phone continues to try and charge and I get the same beep noise to charge about every second but usb debugging is not working.

Now, the weird thing is "why not try another phone?" Well, I used my wife's phone which is a Pixel 2 (not included on the list, unless the XL and Pixel 2 are considered the same) and I enabled developer mode and usb debugging. I downloaded the DJI GO 4 app, logged in, and went to connect with the drone via wired connection. However, the RC light didn't turn green and as soon as I went to connect the battery status lights began to go back and forth as if it was communicating with the phone and lo and behold on Step 3 the Link to Aircraft turned Blue and it connected! However, this is a huge inconvenience to have to use someone else's phone in order to enjoy the amazing capabilities of this drone.

I am sure that DJI IT support has had countless calls on this issue, and I wish there was a way to hard reset the drone/device to allow me to start from square one. (Factory Reset through DJI assistant seems to not exactly act like a hard reset)

Thanks in Advance!
2019-2-24
Use props
Souq Rubin
New
United Kingdom

Hi there all! Just to chip in my experience. I had all sorts of problems with connecting the phone to the RC, without being able to find any solution online. I am using a Oneplus 6T and for me the solution was this.

Go to settings, developer settings, Default USB configuration and select USB tethering. Originally mine was set to 'File Transfer'. This solved the issue for me and I was very very close to returning the drone, for such a simple solution where I can't be alone it should be at least on a troubleshooting tips somewhere. Good luck to all and if this solves your issue maybe share it on one of the other countless threads about this problem.
2019-7-18
Use props
djiuser_kRjCqHvkqzhi
New

Suffered the same problems! Resolved after learning to always go to DJI Go4 app FIRST. Don't power up RC/drone before "connect to camera' prompt. Follow the specific instructions. Don't deviate. In step 3 where it says "starting noise", that is what it means! Should be no beep(s). Haven't had an issue since then. Hope this helps.
2019-9-26
Use props
djiuser_PMSmqFQ4eyTs
New

United States

I'm having the exact same issues but with a Samsung s10+
I have tried all of the above steps and nothing. Only thing I get is my phone charges from the RC with both the default cable and other cables I supplied.
2020-2-20
Use props
djiuser_PMSmqFQ4eyTs
New

United States

fynnsprott Posted at 2018-11-20 15:00
Hey thanks for the tips, but it still wont let me get past step 3 on the remote connection to my drone. I tried a regular USB to micro USB from the middle of the RC. I also restated my phone and reinstalled the Go4 app but not having any success. I read about turning on USB debugging but that didn't help at all. My phone happily connects via WIFI so maybe its a problem between my phone and the RC? Sometimes when connected to RC my phone just keeps vibrating not sure what that means.

I have this issue exactly. My phone when connected to the RC acts like it is starting and stopping charging. Wifi works fine but the RC to phone has stopped suddenly.
2020-2-20
Use props
djiuser_PMSmqFQ4eyTs
New

United States

fynnsprott Posted at 2018-11-20 15:00

I have this issue exactly. My phone when connected to the RC acts like it is starting and stopping charging. Wifi works fine but the RC to phone has stopped suddenly.
2020-2-20
Use props
HugoBus
New

Hong Kong

Hi I'm also having exactly this issue. My phone just vibrates intermittently and does not connect to the remote. Have tried changing USB cables, USB debugging and still nothing. DJI, a fix on this is very much needed...
2020-6-12
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Should self engage even the apk so u doing it wrong
2020-6-13
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft