Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pull focus for Sony cameras???
1497 3 2018-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_a13sMeaLNw1w
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hello DJI.

I was wondering if there are any plans in the future of making the pull focus electroniclly work on Sony cameras using the included focus wheel with the Ronin-S and a connection through the MCC-Multi Cable?
Ronin-S-Wheel-Multifunction-Button.jpg

Thanks in advance!

--------------------------
My arsenal:
   Ronin-S (firmware: v1.6.0.50   19/11/2018)
      + MCC-Multi Cable for Sony
   Sony a6000
   Sony a7ii

2018-11-20
Use props
Aleksey F
lvl.2

Poland

I do not have any Sony Power Zooms, those started with SELP in their code -- SELP1650, SELP18105G, SELP18200, SELP28135G -- but I believe those should support the focus wheel when connected by wire and given a credit that latest camera firmware installed. All the rest would require an external focus motor accessory (which DJI promised to make available later).

What lens are you trying to focus?

UPDATE: May bad! In parallel thread Ronin-S & Sony compatibility there is a statement that pull focus is not available but yet to be added later

2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. Regarding your request, I will forward this to our R&D department for future request. Thanks for your support and understanding.
2018-11-20
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

As posted before only the a7M3 and a7RM3 seem to be capable of focusing over USB:
https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/app/imagingedge/de/devices/#emount

But even there DJI seems having trouble dealing with that.
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules